Donald Trump

dimreepr

Doesn't seem like too many people on this site are learning anything from this election.

Delta1212 seems to get it, but everyone else is simply blaming voters for exercising their right to a vote, or D Trump for being the tool that he is.

D. Trump didn't win the election, he simply rode the movement against 'establishment' politicians and the status quo that H. Clinton represents.

People in the US, like miners in W Virginia, steel workers in Pennsylvania, auto workers in Detroit, and all the other places that the Government has ignored for the last 20-30 yrs, want a voice and their government back. They are tired of career politicians like H. Clinton making promises and then ignoring them for 8 yrs, of the lies and subsequent denials, of being called 'deplorable' because you have concerns that the 'enlightened' politicians deem too pedestrian. They are tired of urban centers on the east and west coast having the only voice that shapes America.

I, myself had thought H Clinton would win. That disenfranchised American voters would bring us to the brink and allow us to look down into the abyss, before drawing back, and electing Clinton. I, and many others, were wrong. They got to the brink and jumped, and we had better concentrate on making as soft a landing as possible: not finding blame.

The people wanted to send a message, and Democracy allowed them to do it ( ain't it grand ?!?! )

Its too bad they chose to do it by throwing a loud, boorish, intolerant rock named D Trump through the front window.

I've felt disenfranchised for forty years, and consider both parties deplorable and corrupt. I don't believe the newly elected administration will deliver what the people need, their wants have been perverted by the media and political ads, so their wants and needs don't coincide. I don't believe the Dems would do much better.

One of the few issues people understand is Roe v. Wade, the issue that turned southern democrats to the republicans and weakened the democratic party. The other issues are so complex that sound-bytes, not reason, drive emotions and votes. The UN estimates 100 million people will die from climate change over the next few decades, which IMO makes it the important issue, and eliminates Republicans as a reasonable political choice.

Yes people voted Republican to try to take back a strong America, but they voted for an empty sound byte. Regardless of their reasons, IMO they made poor choices. In addition, I despise Trump.

Despite the electoral rhetoric, the day-to-day demands, current and future, will temper what he can actually do.

It's not what he can do, it's what he won't do. Also, our current president did many things by executive order. He can reverse most of that quickly.

Considering how he wouldn't divulge his tax returns, and how past indiscretions have hurt him, I look for a more secretive, less transparent administration than Bush II had. Somewhere along the line, Cheney will probably be brought in, since he broke faith with the Bush faction and voted Trump.

Compared to how much he'll be increasing our debt, all the money the White House spends on Trump steaks and wine will seem like nothing.

There has been a tradition of ex-Presidents being friendly with each other, even across party lines.

I wonder how Trump will manage in that particular fraternity.

How does Bill Clinton feel about Donald now? It always seemed tabloid to even ask, but is that friendship over?

I fear it will be much worse. One can only hope for better than ones expectations.

I think most people voted for trump because they got fed up with black lives matter all the protests and black lives matter rally.

And to this is problem is fixed there will be race war in coming years. A really bad race war over black lives matter .

I think most people voted for trump because they got fed up with black lives matter all the protests and black lives matter rally.

And to this is problem is fixed there will be race war in coming years. A really bad race war over black lives matter .

Until this kind of ignorance is given a chance to be dispelled, it will just get worse. We need better education, we need an independent media, and we need to start talking to each other in a circle instead of across fences.

I don't know anything about how this administration will play out. I'm pretty sure Mexico isn't going to build us a wall, and that Vladimir Putin is not our friend. I'm also pretty sure that women deserve better treatment from men, and that People who aren't white aren't treated as well as whites. I'm very sure trying to maintain all that isn't ethical, and I want no part of it.

Doesn't seem like too many people on this site are learning anything from this election.

Delta1212 seems to get it, but everyone else is simply blaming voters for exercising their right to a vote, or D Trump for being the tool that he is.

D. Trump didn't win the election, he simply rode the movement against 'establishment' politicians and the status quo that H. Clinton represents.

People in the US, like miners in W Virginia, steel workers in Pennsylvania, auto workers in Detroit, and all the other places that the Government has ignored for the last 20-30 yrs, want a voice and their government back. They are tired of career politicians like H. Clinton making promises and then ignoring them for 8 yrs, of the lies and subsequent denials, of being called 'deplorable' because you have concerns that the 'enlightened' politicians deem too pedestrian. They are tired of urban centers on the east and west coast having the only voice that shapes America.

I, myself had thought H Clinton would win. That disenfranchised American voters would bring us to the brink and allow us to look down into the abyss, before drawing back, and electing Clinton. I, and many others, were wrong. They got to the brink and jumped, and we had better concentrate on making as soft a landing as possible: not finding blame.

The people wanted to send a message, and Democracy allowed them to do it ( ain't it grand ?!?! )

Its too bad they chose to do it by throwing a loud, boorish, intolerant rock named D Trump through the front window.

Because as general rule democratic party and republican party is really pro business, rich, corporation and pro big companies. The US has never had working class party or hard labor/middle class party.

Trump comes of has middle class frustrated country boy and a wall street hater. The media made Trump has evil man and the people all frustrated middle class people supported him and against the establishment evile system.

If such working class party, hard labor/middle class party or left party campaign said this doing election and say US change the middle despairing!! Would have never made mainstream media and never gotten the political campaign money to run.

If Obama walked in say okay miners in W Virginia, steel workers in Pennsylvania, auto workers in Detroit so on never would not voice on CNN, FOX or any mainstream media and never would got political campaign money to run for president.

The democratic party and republican party is capitalist party. It that Trump comes of as really angry frustrated middle class country boy a middle class losing everything and really mad and not some rich capitalist wall street elite lover. And this why people love him and so many voted for him.

Edited by nec209

Trump comes of has middle class frustrated country boy and a wall street hater. The media made Trump has evil man and the people all frustrated middle class people supported him and against the establishment evile system.

How can a real estate shark from a rich family come off as a country boy?

Until this kind of ignorance is given a chance to be dispelled, it will just get worse. We need better education, we need an independent media, and we need to start talking to each other in a circle instead of across fences.

I don't know anything about how this administration will play out. I'm pretty sure Mexico isn't going to build us a wall, and that Vladimir Putin is not our friend. I'm also pretty sure that women deserve better treatment from men, and that People who aren't white aren't treated as well as whites. I'm very sure trying to maintain all that isn't ethical, and I want no part of it.

The black lives matter are mostly mad at corrupt cops shooting unarmed people mostly black people and getting nothing more than slapped on hand. No federal oversight, no accountability, no federal reporting how many shootings and no jail time and being fired.

The US Obama administration did nothing with these black lives matter other say okay there is a problem go out and protest but we will do nothing.

Yes, "black lives matter" will be the cause of a race war.

Ok.

Because black lives matter are different than white lives matter.

The country is split in two fractions now white people and color people.

We are much closer to race war now than ever before.

Because black lives matter are different than white lives matter.

The country is split in two fractions now white people and color people.

We are much closer to race war now than ever before.

That's not what Black Lives Matter means.

If someone says "You matter" does that mean they think no one but you matters?

That's not what Black Lives Matter means.

If someone says "You matter" does that mean they think no one but you matters?

I'm saying the country is split. The average white person not concern about Black Lives Matter as much because it not white people getting shot by cops in large numbers like black people are. So the average white person looks at the Black Lives Matter movement as nothing more than public nuisance.

People more liberal, critical of the police, suspicious of police, activists so on are more likely to go with Black Lives Matter movement. As out of control police force is concern to everyone. The average middle class white person, conservative, hate black people or Clint Eastwood crime fighting attitudes could not care less about Black Lives Matter but look them as public nuisance.

These people probably like Trump to have more militarized police and more Clint Eastwood crime fighting attitudes.

The average white person not concern about Black Lives Matter as much because it not white people getting shot by cops in large numbers like black people are. So the average white person looks at the Black Lives Matter movement as nothing more than public nuisance.

Nope

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/08/how-americans-view-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

ST_2016.06.27_race-inequality-ch4-06.png

Had you instead said white republicans, however, then you'd have a point:

ST_2016.06.27_race-inequality-ch4-07.png

[mp][/mp]

Careful now, you don't want to start a gender war.

That battle is unfortunately already raging, further reminding us that we're just a bunch of tribal, shortsighted, mostly hairless apes.

Nope

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/08/how-americans-view-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

ST_2016.06.27_race-inequality-ch4-06.png

Had you instead said white republicans, however, then you'd have a point:

ST_2016.06.27_race-inequality-ch4-07.png

[mp][/mp]

That battle is unfortunately already raging, further reminding us that we're just a bunch of tribal, shortsighted, mostly hairless apes.

Thanks for proving my point 14% support and 26% some what support is disgusting. If all these black people where white people there would not be protest but a revolution or president coup and cops being shot by hour driving down the street doing patrol or responding to traffic accidents.

Black people are three times more likely to be shot by cops.

Iceland pop of 323,764 have had only one police shooting in 71 years of existence. England and Wales 55 shooting in 24 years where 59 police shootings in 24 days in 2015. The US is wild west when it comes to guns and shootings. Most cops don't even carry guns in England and Wales.

Edited by nec209