Donald Trump

dimreepr

You mean a pularity? There is no single racial group which will be as larger or lager than whites in our lifetimes. Asians are 3% of the U.S. population, Blacks 13% of the U.S. population, and etc. White are and will continue to be, for a very long time, the largest single demo in the country.

As I said earlier, I read/watched something about the fast changing demographics in the USA. I think it was this: The Changing Demographics of America's Schools and confirmed by articles like this: A Study On The Changing Racial Makeup Of ‘The Next America’. So still a few elections to go...

The far-right alliance has woven such a clever myth and presented such a palatable lie that the turkeys have voted for thanksgiving.

Poetic justice..?

As I said earlier, I read/watched something about the fast changing demographics in the USA. I think it was this: The Changing Demographics of America's Schools and confirmed by articles like this: A Study On The Changing Racial Makeup Of ‘The Next America’. So still a few elections to go...

Poetic justice..?

I fear it will be much worse. One can only hope for better than ones expectations.

For someone who can go to war with a comedian, Rosie O'Donnell, then when will the next war begin?

At least here in California we now have legal marijuana for the anxiety.

That's all we need for 2020 - the Democratic stronghold of the West getting so stoned they forget to register

That's all we need for 2020 - the Democratic stronghold of the West getting so stoned they forget to register

Don't worry. It's still illegal at the federal level, and all of the new state legalizations rely on the federal government not prosecuting their citizens for the federal crime that they are no longer enforcing on a state level.

So, whether marijuana is treated as legal in any state, regardless of voting outcomes, is now up to the Trump administration.

Don't worry. It's still illegal at the federal level, and all of the new state legalizations rely on the federal government not prosecuting their citizens for the federal crime that they are no longer enforcing on a state level.

So, whether marijuana is treated as legal in any state, regardless of voting outcomes, is now up to the Trump administration.

That raises the even more frightening prospect of stoned second amendment militias fighting fedral guvmint "You can take my gun out of my cold stoned hands"

I can handle going back to revering unborn children over mothers and living children. I can almost stomach praising the soldier while ignoring the veteran. My daughter graduates from public schools this year, so underfunding public schools won't be as much of a burden. We're white, so we probably won't be persecuted for the way we look. I can pretend to be ignorant, so I can fit in.

But I'll be wearing my safety pin for the next four years, and that will probably get me in trouble as a sympathizer of women's rights and those of People of color. I think it's more important to send the message that I won't be grabbing anyone by the pussy, and I won't be jeopardizing your safety because you look or sound different than me. I expect this may put me in danger from white supremacists who will be looking for "race traitors", and this worries me for my family's safety.

But I'm still going to do it, because I'm an American, and that means something completely different to me than it does to the folks who voted for Donald Trump. And I'll be looking for a younger Bernie Sanders for 2020.

I can handle going back to revering unborn children over mothers and living children. I can almost stomach praising the soldier while ignoring the veteran. My daughter graduates from public schools this year, so underfunding public schools won't be as much of a burden. We're white, so we probably won't be persecuted for the way we look. I can pretend to be ignorant, so I can fit in.

But I'll be wearing my safety pin for the next four years, and that will probably get me in trouble as a sympathizer of women's rights and those of People of color. I think it's more important to send the message that I won't be grabbing anyone by the pussy, and I won't be jeopardizing your safety because you look or sound different than me. I expect this may put me in danger from white supremacists who will be looking for "race traitors", and this worries me for my family's safety.

But I'm still going to do it, because I'm an American, and that means something completely different to me than it does to the folks who voted for Donald Trump. And I'll be looking for a younger Bernie Sanders for 2020.

You would have to account for the people who voted for Trump because they considered him the lesser of two evils.

You would have to educate those that considered him the lesser of 2 evils... I do not see how they can be so mixed up. Where was the Clinton 'evil'? Every point directed against her was moot and dealt with with logical argument.

The lesson here might be "he who shouts loudest wins"... :-(

Edited by DrP

You would have to account for the people who voted for Trump because they considered him the lesser of two evils.

If I thought every Trump voter was a racist, I wouldn't leave the house. I'm well aware there are People who voted for him because they thought he would fix corruption, despite the fact he's used every dirty trick in the book. I know there are People who voted for him just because he's their party candidate, despite having to rewrite much of the party platform (Republicans for Russia! - who knew?). I understand there are those People who believed him when he said he would do great things, I just wish they had asked a bit harder how he was going to do them. He campaigned on how horrible our national debt is, but his plan literally doubles our debt. I hope he's not the huckster he seems to be, but I've followed Trump since the 90s and I see no reason for hope.

Half the country just voted for a racist, lying, billionaire hater, over a woman who annoys them because they can't find her guilty of prosecutable crimes they're convinced she committed.

Why? That's looking at it rather backwards.

It doesn't matter if every Trump voter is a white nationalist militia type. It only matters that every white nationalist militia type is a Trump voter.

"Don't worry, I only voted for Trump as the lesser of two evils" doesn't do someone any good when the Trump voter next to them strings them up and drags them behind a truck for being a traitor.

There is a very real risk of violence as a result of white nationalism and the alt right being emboldened by Trump's victory. They'll see it as an endorsement and support of their beliefs from America's electorate and what Trump actually does in office or why individual people actually voted for him won't make a lick of difference. The message has been received regardless of whether people meant to send it or not.

That raises the even more frightening prospect of stoned second amendment militias fighting fedral guvmint "You can take my gun out of my cold stoned hands"

Why would the militias fight a Trump guvmint with GOP controlled senate and house? They finally got what they always wanted.

Also pot makes people less aggressive. "Hmmmmm? What was it we are fighting about? I forget.....oh well....(toke).... let's see what's on TV."

Alcohol makes people more aggressive.

Edited by Airbrush

Is it not certain that a Trump presidency is going to disappoint those who voted for him even if he tries to implement any of his "policies" ?

What will be the playthrough ** of that scenario?

Is he going to be able to find some scapegoat as to why he cannot do what he said he would (without it being transparent) ?

**perhaps not how that word is used (or what it means).I meant how the scenario will play out.

Edited by geordief

The job of a president is to deal with crises, Trump may be the first president that systematically creates crises, then blames them on others. He is the master of psychological projection. Hopefully I am wrong about this, that he manages to AVOID creating too many crises.

How likely will he be able to build a wall? And make Mexico pay for it?

How likely can he get rid of illegal aliens? Repeal Obamacare? How likely can he do the many things he promises? This shows how many Americans that voted for him are as delusional as Trump. Nice going, suckers. Now we are stuck with a freak that cannot do what he said he could do. However, he will figure out how to be constantly in the news. That is a certainty. Now he is an attention-obsessed narcissist like the world has rarely seen. He needs a constant fix of mass attention to keep him happy.

The main thing Obama wanted to do after becoming president was closing Guantanamo. Obama repeated this over and over and over in his campaign. But he could never do it. When he faced the reality of being president and learned that his wish was impossible because of forces beyond his control. Trump will do the same. For the first time in his spoiled, pampered life, he will have to confront reality. His wishes will be denied like never before in his Ivory Tower, lap of luxury. He will delegate the hard work to others, so he can stand in front of a TV camera, saying anything he wants.

Will his tax returns ever be revealed?

He knows better than his generals. The Mosul operation should have been a surprise attack, he thinks. Soon he will be educated.

Edited by Airbrush

He won. She lost.

Now Republicans control the Presidency. They control the House. They control the State houses. They control the seats on the Courts, and if current trend continues tonight they control the Senate.

They'll still blame others and Dems and "liberals" when things go wrong, but there are no more simple scapegoats or easy bogeymen to blame.

Eager to see... GREAT according to whom?

Don't forget state governors. Republicans picked up three more of those for a new total of 34. 68% of states now have Republican governors. Republicans also perform as well in state legislative chambers.

Don't forget state governors. Republicans picked up three more of those for a new total of 34. 68% of states now have Republican governors. Republicans also perform as well in state legislative chambers.

I didn't forget. I specifically typed, "State houses" to include governors and state legislatures, but see how that maybe wasn't 100% clear. You're correct, though. Big night.

I've seen 10 presidents in my lifetime, and had no strong feelings about any of them. Some were better than others, I've agreed and disagreed with their policies, and they have come and gone. However, I find Trump personally disgusting, politically inept, and morally corrupt. If I were capable, I'd move out of the US. I believe the people who voted for Trump because they want to make America strong again, have done the opposite, and the US will now decline more quickly than ever.

Doesn't seem like too many people on this site are learning anything from this election.

Delta1212 seems to get it, but everyone else is simply blaming voters for exercising their right to a vote, or D Trump for being the tool that he is.

D. Trump didn't win the election, he simply rode the movement against 'establishment' politicians and the status quo that H. Clinton represents.

People in the US, like miners in W Virginia, steel workers in Pennsylvania, auto workers in Detroit, and all the other places that the Government has ignored for the last 20-30 yrs, want a voice and their government back. They are tired of career politicians like H. Clinton making promises and then ignoring them for 8 yrs, of the lies and subsequent denials, of being called 'deplorable' because you have concerns that the 'enlightened' politicians deem too pedestrian. They are tired of urban centers on the east and west coast having the only voice that shapes America.

I, myself had thought H Clinton would win. That disenfranchised American voters would bring us to the brink and allow us to look down into the abyss, before drawing back, and electing Clinton. I, and many others, were wrong. They got to the brink and jumped, and we had better concentrate on making as soft a landing as possible: not finding blame.

The people wanted to send a message, and Democracy allowed them to do it ( ain't it grand ?!?! )

Its too bad they chose to do it by throwing a loud, boorish, intolerant rock named D Trump through the front window.