Donald Trump

dimreepr

You seem to fixate on insignificant things, like words or quotes, and running with them to draw all sorts of conclusions and meanings, where there may be none.

I don't think D. Trump has a clue what he's talking about half the time.

He just stirs up sh*t to make people angry at the government ( the status quo ), and get publicity ( good or bad ).

You seem to fixate on insignificant things, like words or quotes, and running with them to draw all sorts of conclusions and meanings, where there may be none....

I was looking for the non-obvious instances of Trump psychology that the news media will probably ignore, sorry if it seems insignificant.

Anyone know of any psychological studies on the personality of Trump?

What I need is a Donald Trump Punching Bag. I am already damaged for life listening to his antics on TV. Imagine 4 years of his extreme narcissism, craving for constant attention, putting himself in the news everyday, systematically. I need to get rid of aggression by a nice Donald Trump Punching Bag. Google that and you will find a pathetic 3-foot tall punching bag that has a poor picture of The Donald. Any artists out there? Could you please design a better life-sized punching bag that has a better picture of him? Maybe a good charicature? But a photorealistic print of him with his big cartoon lips flying around may be very inviting. Heck, let's have both! Every time you punch him in the nose you hear a recording of Trump himself saying "beat the crap out of him!!" Remember that incident when a heckler was thrown out?

"......Who, really, is Donald Trump? What's behind the actor's mask? I can discern little more than narcissistic motivations and a complementary personal narrative about winning at any cost. It is as if Trump has invested so much of himself in developing and refining his socially dominant role that he has nothing left over to create a meaningful story for his life, or for the nation. It is always Donald Trump playing Donald Trump, fighting to win, but never knowing why."

That is the summary from the above article about the psychology of Trump which is long but very informative, thanks to iNow.

Edited by Airbrush

Correction, the exact quote from Trump is in a Clinton ad. He said "Knock the crap out of him! Would you? Seriously."

Every time you punch the Donald Trump Punching Bag it sets off a recording of Trump saying that. The punching bag should be of very tough material and construction to withstand a heavy beating.

Edited by Airbrush

@ Airbrush, I am no longer either annoyed with Trump or amused. I am just waiting for Nov. so this will all be over. Much like one waits for a dental exam to end. What is sad, what does have my attention for the worse, is the knowledge that somehwere in the neighborhood of 60 million people in this country with vote for Trump. What does that mean? Something like 45% of our electorate will vote for someone like Trump. I think history books will probably put this together in better context than I am able to. I am sure the chapters regarding will mention George Zimmerman, AR15s, First non-white President, for profit media, Social Media, and etc. I don't fully have my head around yet.

Edited by Ten oz

One can easily believe the new rumors that this whole campaign is now aimed at launching Trump TV with Bannon and Ailes. And using GOP funds to do it. Making more money by losing the race is the missing part that makes the Trump equation complete. Now his actions make sense. It's not about the power of the presidency, it's the power of outraged people to spend their money on a new, more acceptable white supremacy brand.

Trump TV seems very likely but only if he loses the election. It appears that Trump wants very much to be president, but he knows he cannot lose since he bet on both outcomes.

His latest gaffs at the Commander-In-Chief show never end. He said Obama reduced the generals to "rubble" shows that he is near senile dimentia with the inability to choose appropriate words to convey an idea. How do generals become rubble? Then he is going to replace all the top generals? Very figurative language, but to the surreal.

He said "To the victors go the spoils" of war, but also said we are NOT the victors in Iraq, but anyhow we should take our fair share of the spoils, oil, which will create a new crisis. And on and on. And yet he is very close in the poles. He may win the presidency!

As mentioned above, his polls show a huge population of Americans are in favor of a guy like him! Or they cannot stand those goofy looks that Hillary is famous for, the looks that make Putin laugh.

The Clinton team drives me nuts because they don't counter the crack-pot schemes of Trump quickly enough. Why not build a border wall? Why sanctuary cities? Why catch and release? Apparently the Obama admin is being very kind to the worst criminal illegal aliens and doing nothing about them. So it would seem. Only Trump will do anything about them. The Trump team brings up these points and the dumb Clinton team doesn't counter-argue.

Edited by Airbrush

Have you heard the news that ISIS endorses Trump? He is the perfect polarizing force needed to begin Armageddon between the Islamic world and the infidels. He plays perfectly into their strategy to begin a holy war to engulf the entire world.

• 2 weeks later...

What's even more sad is the fact that in the US, a large amount of people ( approx. 60 mil according to Ten oz ) will vote Republican, even with D. Trump as the candidate for the presidency.

The reason is not policy as D. Trump doesn't really have any realistic policy, domestic or foreign. It is simply because that's how their family has voted for generations.

Americans tend to label themselves Democrats or Republicans, and come hell or high water ( or even D. Trump ), that's how they vote.

Never mind the issues !

What's even more sad is the fact that in the US, a large amount of people ( approx. 60 mil according to Ten oz ) will vote Republican, even with D. Trump as the candidate for the presidency.

The reason is not policy as D. Trump doesn't really have any realistic policy, domestic or foreign. It is simply because that's how their family has voted for generations.

Americans tend to label themselves Democrats or Republicans, and come hell or high water ( or even D. Trump ), that's how they vote.

Never mind the issues !

+1 I think you nailed it.

Note: quote is from the Hillary Clinton thread, but response is more appropriate here

Just look at Trump. What Republican positions is he inline with? He has verbally attacked Bush (last GOP president) as a failure and is at odds with Mitt Romney, Lindsey Graham, and the whole leadership of the party. The policies advocated for by former GOP presidential candidates and Presidents are out the window. How can any Democrat work in a nonpartisan way with Republicans when they don't seem to have any true north policy wise?

He's actually in line with many of their positions. It's not like he's the only one talking about doing away with the EPA and department of Education, he's against immigration reform (though his solution is more extreme than the GOP mainline one). He currently says he's against planned parenthood and legalized abortion. He wants tax cuts for the rich. 2nd amendment views. Climate change. Obamacare. Seems to be against raising the minimum wage (as with many positions, he contradicts himself)

In the eyes of many GOP members who have declared him to be unfit, as far as I can tell, it's primarily the lack of experience and the wrong temperament that disqualify him. Some are upset that he doesn't speak in code on racial and gender issues, and not so much that he holds the views he espouses.

Note: quote is from the Hillary Clinton thread, but response is more appropriate here

He's actually in line with many of their positions. It's not like he's the only one talking about doing away with the EPA and department of Education, he's against immigration reform (though his solution is more extreme than the GOP mainline one). He currently says he's against planned parenthood and legalized abortion. He wants tax cuts for the rich. 2nd amendment views. Climate change. Obamacare. Seems to be against raising the minimum wage (as with many positions, he contradicts himself)

In the eyes of many GOP members who have declared him to be unfit, as far as I can tell, it's primarily the lack of experience and the wrong temperament that disqualify him. Some are upset that he doesn't speak in code on racial and gender issues, and not so much that he holds the views he espouses.

President Bush pushed for a guest worker program with a pathway to citizenship. John McCain, Marco Rubio, and others have pushed for various immigration bills over the years. Ronald Reagan was the last President to give amnesty. Anti immigration is not GOP position. It is an alt-right position. It is a great example of why there is no middle ground that can be reached with Republicans. They are divided amongst themselves.

Trump has been on multiple sides on many issues which makes it difficult to say for sure what he believes. Trump is against free trade which is something the GOP has traditionally been for. Both McCain in 08' and Romney in 12' warned against the going threat Putin posed meanwhile Trump calls him a great leader and compliments his poll numbers. Minimum wage, Trump has said it "needs to be raised" and "raise it to at least $10 an hour". And on issues like the 2nd admendment, Obamacare, and Abortion Trump doesn't have a stated policy. Rather he just says whatever will gets an applause line. Nothing actually written or a laided out planned. Plus he has been on all sides of those issues. He use to openly not care about abortion, like gun control, and was pro universal healthcare as a Reform Party candidate in 2000.

Taxes and Military spending are the two issues where Trump looks the most like a typical Republican but those are just 2 issues.

The part that scares me most is that the bigotry of the southern states is strong enough to overcome their long-seated distrust of Yankee carpetbaggers like Trump. It's like they're all lining up to help Harold Hill buy musical instruments to keep the kids out of the pool halls. I think of folks who drawl as normally savvy horse-traders with an aversion to slick talking northerners. Surely they were thinking of Texas and Alabama and Georgia when they coined the phrase about not suffering fools gladly? I suppose I'm going to have to update my caricature mental image of the South.

President Bush pushed for a guest worker program with a pathway to citizenship. John McCain, Marco Rubio, and others have pushed for various immigration bills over the years. Ronald Reagan was the last President to give amnesty. Anti immigration is not GOP position. It is an alt-right position. It is a great example of why there is no middle ground that can be reached with Republicans. They are divided amongst themselves.

And yet they have shot down every attempt to reform immigration laws. Rubio came out against his own proposal because he would get no support for it and it was going to hurt him in the primaries. I don't see how you can argue that the current GOP position is something other than to be against immigration. You can't argue that Trump has to be like a typical republican to be inline with them, and then cite a few outliers when arguing the contrary. Was any candidate for the GOP nomination pro-imigration? Other than Trump, they were not aligned with white supremacists, so saying that's their position isn't correct. (IMO "alt-right" is just another dog whistle. Political correctness, if you will). Building a wall is Trump's own concoction, but that just means he's not middle-of-the road in his solution.

And yet they have shot down every attempt to reform immigration laws. Rubio came out against his own proposal because he would get no support for it and it was going to hurt him in the primaries. I don't see how you can argue that the current GOP position is something other than to be against immigration. You can't argue that Trump has to be like a typical republican to be inline with them, and then cite a few outliers when arguing the contrary. Was any candidate for the GOP nomination pro-imigration? Other than Trump, they were not aligned with white supremacists, so saying that's their position isn't correct. (IMO "alt-right" is just another dog whistle. Political correctness, if you will). Building a wall is Trump's own concoction, but that just means he's not middle-of-the road in his solution.

A few outlers? Ronald Reagan and George W Bush aren't outliers. They were Presidents. McCain was the nominee in 08'. Which is why I said the GOP are divided amongst themselves. There is, obviously (in my opinion), a struggle within the party. While Trump has a position that is popular amongst the alt-right he is out of step with all previous nominees and former GOP presidents. He is the first GOP nominee since Nixon to fail to get over 50% of party support during the primary. The overwhelming majority of those who will being voting Trump voted for Romney, McCain, and Bush. Trump has called all 3 of them losers. There is no continuity within in the GOP currently. Bill Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama, and Hillary Clinton all have continuity. Share goals and policies. That doesn't exist amongst the GOP.

A few outlers? Ronald Reagan and George W Bush aren't outliers.

Reagan (and to some extent Bush II) doesn't represent the current GOP. A lot has changed in the last decade or two. Some of which undoubtedly has to do with the contrariness of opposing anything the democratic president wanted over the last ~8 years, even if they previously were for it.

Reagan (and to some extent Bush II) doesn't represent the current GOP. A lot has changed in the last decade or two. Some of which undoubtedly has to do with the contrariness of opposing anything the democratic president wanted over the last ~8 years, even if they previously were for it.

I agree. That was basically my point. That finding middle ground (compromise) with Republicans isn't currently possible because they have to true north. There doesn't seem to be a collective or single majority voice anymore.

A lot has changed in the last decade or two. Some of which undoubtedly has to do with the contrariness of opposing anything the democratic president wanted over the last ~8 years, even if they previously were for it.

This is actually something I think should be addressed seriously by the public. At what point are you committing treason as an elected representative by swearing an Oath of Office, where you commit to serving in a good faith capacity, but behave the way you describe above? Does our Constitution not compel our representatives to defend it against all enemies, abroad and especially at home? The idea of blocking any legislation the opposing party favors (even when it's a bill you drafted) can't be defended in terms of this obligation to the Constitution, not in any way I've heard.

So it doesn't please me at all to see Trump blur the lines even further. He already gets away with casual suggestions of beatings, sabotage, even assassinations, and no charges are brought. He gets away with calling prisoners of war, past presidents, and past presidential candidates LOSERS, and his numbers go up. If Trumps style of oratory infects our Congress further, will anything get done? As bad as it is, do the People really think it can't get worse?