USAMO studying

uncool

usamo - American competition, part of a 4-part competition.

Starts with the AMC (American math competition) 10/12, goes to AIME (American invitational mathematics exam), goes to USAMO (USA mathematical olympiad) goes to IMO (International math olympiad). IMO is a math competition with 6 people from each country competing on teams. USAMO has 250 kids coming from various parts of the US. Site is: http://www.unl.edu/amc

-Uncool-

Personally, I hate these kind of things (I did the British equivalent and failed miserably ;)) but the best way of training for these things is to tackle lots of past questions. They're written in a certain style - you can train yourself to a certain extent. I never saw the appeal personally.

Personally, I hate these kind of things (I did the British equivalent and failed miserably ;)) but the best way of training for these things is to tackle lots of past questions. They're written in a certain style - you can train yourself to a certain extent. I never saw the appeal personally.

I agree. Whenever i'm study for a maths tests i just do as many examples of the questions as possible. I never try and learn formulas. If you do enough questions, the formulas will be planted firmly in your head :)