Two... Two... Two Christs In One!

Immanuel

So. The DoubleChrist Twins. Hmm.

Call me crazy, call me sentimental, but it seemeth to me that there were two heavily prophesied figures inhabiting one physical body of Jesus the Christ; two great Spirits contained in the body of one very enigmatic Godman. C'mon now, hear me out, I'll be brief:

One was named Immanuel; named way back in days of Isaiah (Isaiah 45: 3, "I, the LORD... 4 I have surnamed you..."). And the other was named Jesus by his adoptive dad Joseph, on the advice of an angel.

The Isaiah prophecy as seen when Christ was born, in Matthew 1: 23, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

'God with us', eh? Could it mean something like - 'God the Son of God WITH the most High, the Holy Spirit...and the Son of Man'? Any merit there?

Matthew 1:24 "Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

25 "And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS."

Accordingly, one was called 'the Son of God' (John 1: 34, "...this is the Son of God.") and Immanuel was called 'the Son of man' (Matthew 18: 11, "For the Son of man is come...").

One was for God and WAS God (John 14: 8, "...show us the Father... 9 Jesus said...have you not known me...?"). And One was for man and WAS Man (Rev 22: 8, "I fell down to worship... 9 Then said he...do it not...worship God."

John 14: 15, "...keep my commandments." (Note the commandments-plural; Jesus constantly ADDED to the already hard Mosaic law: Matt 5:27, "You shall not commit adultery..." 28 "But I say to you, That whosoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery." On the other hand, the Son of man (aka: the Comforter) comforted by countering all of the Son of God's new lawS by saying in John 15:12, "This is my commandment [commandment-singular], That you love one another, as I have loved you." It sounds like Immanuel was mocking Jesus's prolific commandment-making. No?

It happened, sometimes. Just sometimes - when from out of the mouth of Jesus came completely contradictory Words,unannounced (unattributed), spoken by Immanuel-who-dwelled-within-the-body-of-Jesus. They (like the people of today) must have esteemed Jesus as afflicted. Schizophrenic. Of two minds.

It didn't help clear up matters when the elders, chief priests and scribes asked Him, once and for all, in Luke 22:70, "Are you then the Son of God? And he [the Son of man] said to them [out of the mouth of Jesus], You say that I am."

Jesus, let's take a closer look at what each of them were doing and saying:

JESUS: Matt 10:34, "I came not to send peace, but a sword." Luke 12:49, "I am come to send fire on the earth." Matt 25:41 & 46, "...everlasting fire...everlasting punishment." Luke 22:36, "...he that has no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Matt 5:17, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets..." Luke 22:38, "Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said to them, It is enough." Ya-enough to knowingly hint to scripture readers that He might not be the one to hope in.

IMMANUEL: Luke 16:16, "The law and the prophets were until John." Whoa! Matt 26:52, "...they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." Luke 1:79, "To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." John 10:8 & 10, "All that ever came before me [prophets and the law] are thieves and robbers...[no WAY he said that :] I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

Immanuel being in disguise within the flesh of Jesus resulted in the fact that He could easily blend in, in the Middle East. Luke 4:28, "And all they in the synagogue... 29 rose up...that they might cast him down headlong. 30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way..." But as for Immanuel's true physical appearance APART from Jesus, well... You may not agree, but I say that we finally get a glimpse of the arisen (thus now independent) Immanuel in Revelation 1:13+14, "the Son of man...His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire [blue eyes?/would that make sense with the blonde hair? Or does it mean he had scary RED eyes, or glowing yellow ones?]."

Apparently the Son of God did most of the talking, back then, but that doesn't mean that the Son of man was unimportant: John 6:27, "...everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give to you."

I wonder which two the Essenes mysteriously alluded to, when referring to The Wicked Priest and The Teacher of Righteousness?

I've also noticed extensive "dual meaning" teachings, in the KJV Bible. Might be that a dual savior may also teach us a lot, someday. But if this 'twin Christs' thing is The Truth At Last, why in God's name were "all nations deceived [Rev 18:23]" so brutally? so utterly, cruelly completely?

Sometimes I think we're on a prison planet where we have to face adversity after adversity, in order to progress. How fabulous would it be to live in a world of only truth.

Endless truth and bonbons. By the Infinity pool.