Classical explanation for Fizeau & Sagnac

DanMP

How do you arrive at the proper velocity addition formula in a Lorentzian-free fashion? I'd like to see a derivation.

I don't need to. I calculate time intervals as in #12.

And how is light traveling through transparent materials relevant to Sagnac in free space?

You mean how "Sagnac in free space" is relevant for "a better understanding on how light travels through transparent materials"?

Materials are made of atoms. The atomic nucleus is very very small compared to the size of the atom. The electrons in the atom are even smaller. So, it is plenty of "free space" inside an atom. Therefore, any material on Earth consists mainly on "free space" :)

At least half of Sagnac in materials calculation is "Sagnac in free space" calculation. I will post it (+ Fizeau), but not today. I need some time to figure out how to insert it here (few pages with equations and images). I also have to make a "forum version" from my 2 versions. This may take some time, and I don't have very much for forum activities. Please be pacient.

I don't need to. I calculate time intervals as in #12.

"My point is that we can have good non-Lorentzian explanations for Fizeau and Sagnac."

That only covers Sagnac in free space. How do you calculate the other situations in a Lorentzian-free fashion?

"My point is that we can have good non-Lorentzian explanations for Fizeau and Sagnac."

That only covers Sagnac in free space. How do you calculate the other situations in a Lorentzian-free fashion?

English is not my first language. I meant "in a similar way as in #12", not identical.

You will see.