Doctors say I should be dead (neuro activity always at 100%)

The Angry Intellect

Just a quick question to anyone who might have the answers for me.

Over many years I have been to a few different doctors and had some studies done, most of them involved hours worth of brain activity monitoring.

During these tests, they would hook me up to a large amount of cathodes and have me perform different tasks, they would also ask me to close my eyes, open them, blink, move my eyes around, think of different things, and even watched me while I slept, they also used a bright light to shine in my eyes and flash at different speeds with my eyes both open & shut.

After many visits and monitoring of my brain activity they brought me into a room with a slide show presentation and said the following:

"Do you see this? This is a normal brain going through the course of these tests, do you see which parts of the brain are active and responding to the different tasks at any given time?" "Well that's how the brain should react"

Then they changed the slides and said "Now this here is your brain reacting to any task, including what it was doing while you slept, do you see the difference?"

To that I said "not really, what am I looking for?" and they replied "Your brain is maxing out with any task, even the parts of the brain that have nothing to do with the given tasks are responding, they are firing at 100%"

"While you slept, your brain did not change, every part of the brain has excessive neurological activity, for that reason, you should be dead!"

I still had no clue as to why they would say such a thing, I didn't understand any of it - So silly younger me at the time said "So does this mean I'm better than everyone else because more of my brain is active?"

The doctor looked at me and starred as she replied with "No, in fact it's the opposite. You should be at the very least unable to function in some way or have a mental disorder, you really should be dead."

They continued to say "We can clearly see that despite what we know about the brain, you are functioning perfectly normal, you respond correctly and have normal motor control, you're not impaired in any way what so ever, this really doesn't make any sense to us."

So after that short story I just told you, over the years no one has been able to explain to me why that is, why do they think I should be at the very least mentally impaired in some way or even dead?

What does it mean in the long run for me?

A recent CT & MRI scan of my brain had the doctor tell me "Well your brain is ok, however the brain looks very mature for your age."

Again, the more mature and older me replied with "So that means I am more mature and think better than other people my age?"

What's with doctors always giving you the strange long stare when they say things like "No, it means your neuro pathways have been over-used & worn out".

What a let down that was to hear, why doesn't any doctor just tell me "Yes, you have a better functioning brain than everyone else, your superior".

Can anyone on this forum help explain to me why the tests and scans indicate that I should be damaged in some way or even possibly dead... I still don't understand it all..

What's wrong with having the brains electrical activity always maxed out and firing for no reason?

What's wrong with having your brain's electrical activity always maxed out and firing for no reason?

You claimed in your previous thread that you were the smartest person alive. What do you think would probably happen if you overwork an organ to the point where it should be exhausted?

What's wrong with having your brain's electrical activity always maxed out and firing for no reason?

You claimed in your previous thread that you were the smartest person alive. What do you think would probably happen if you overwork an organ to the point where it should be exhausted?

Well first off, I said I was the most "intelligent" life-form on Earth, not the smartest, there is a difference. Just because someone is intelligent, it does not mean they know everything, it all comes down to education and experience.

I do not have a good enough understanding on how the human brain works, and from what the doctors have told me over the years, it seems as they too don't fully understand how it works as they have all mentioned that "given all information and results of these tests, from what we understand you should not be functional, at the very least you should have a mental impairment. But we can see that this is not the case, we don't know why."

So here I am, on a science forum hopefully asking in the right area for some possible feedback which could help shed some light on it.

According to the doctors, which also say the same thing as you just have as to what would/should happen... They are wrong. They don't know why or how it is given that in all other cases with results such as this the person would have mental impairments or motor control problems or end up dying..

So your asking me what I think would happen if my brain was maxed out all the time for no reason.... I don't know. This is why I am here. :)

I was hoping that someone other than the doctors and the people that performed the tests on me would be able to offer a scientific explanation as to what could actually be going on, and why it is that I'm perfectly fine.

I don't know if it has something to do with genetics, my bodies (or bloods) mineral composition, trauma or what. I have absolutely no clue as to what's going on and why all the doctors keep saying that I shouldn't be alive.

Well first off, I said I was the most "intelligent" life-form on Earth, not the smartest, there is a difference. Just because someone is intelligent, it does not mean they know everything, it all comes down to education and experience.

I do not have a good enough understanding on how the human brain works, and from what the doctors have told me over the years, it seems as they too don't fully understand how it works as they have all mentioned that "given all information and results of these tests, from what we understand you should not be functional, at the very least you should have a mental impairment. But we can see that this is not the case, we don't know why."

Surely the most intelligent person in the world could easily acquire this knowledge without having to deign to surfing internet discussion fora, where you have no certainty about the expertise of the people answering you. Surely your intelligence allows you to understand what the doctors are telling you, and to ask pertinent questions to clear up anything you don't.

To quote Kirk from one of the ST movies, "What does God need with a starship?"

I have absolutely no clue as to what's going on and why all the doctors keep saying that I shouldn't be alive.

Can you confirm that this accurately reflects the interchanges with your doctors, or would concede you have used a degree of hyperbole?

Do you understand that if your brain was "firing 100% all of the time" you would not be able to provide sufficient cooling, nor obtain sufficient oxygen?

I believe you are confusing intelligence with magic, but more importantly, your responding in the exact way I had already predicted that most people would have after reading my original thread. :)

With different kinds of "challenges" or insults mixed with sarcasm and a general dislike for anyone that would claim to be the most intelligent person. This is a natural response for a human to give, agressively responding with statements and skepticism instead of what an intelligent person would do, which is to keep what your really thinking at bay and instead of insults or abuse, they would ask some probing questions like "Why do you believe you are the most intelligent life-form on Earth?" or "What is it about the way you think that could make you asume such a thing?" and so on, until they had received enough information from the person claiming to be so intelligent to then be able to sum up their true intelligence (I call this a threat assesment) and respond to them accordingly.

Some people on this forum don't act in a way that would make me perceive them as being very smart or intelligent. Just instant insults or challenges masked within an aggressive animal like reaction.

But anyway, that was another thread, in this thread I was simply asking the general community if they would have any theories behind this.

Incase you didn't actually read this thread, I had already mentioned that the doctors did not know, their knowledge isn't endless, they can compare my results to other peoples results and make a judgement or assesment and respond accordingly, but they simply do not have any other information for me on the matter.

If they had explained anything further (which I did ask of them all) and had given me something to go on, then it is safe to assume that I would not be here on this forum posting the questions that I have.

If you were even slightly "intelligent" you would have come to that conclusion yourself instead of asking (insulting) questions of why I am on here asking random people about it.

And yes, if you also couldn't figure out that last line, It was a masked insult designed to irritate you further. ;)

P.S. If I were a god, I would still go walking around or flying around in a space ship - because sometimes it's fun to pretend your just a person, to blend in... so when you finally do something "magical or god-like" it leaves more of an impression on someone.

Can you confirm that this accurately reflects the interchanges with your doctors, or would concede you have used a degree of hyperbole?

Do you understand that if your brain was "firing 100% all of the time" you would not be able to provide sufficient cooling, nor obtain sufficient oxygen?

I'm repeating what the doctors have said and shown me with charts, which did show the different levels of brain activity. What they showed me with all the different regions of the brain having the line at the top of the chart in each and every one of them, does suggest that what they are saying is correct.

But at the same time, if that was all showing what is really happening inside my brain, then yes... It doesn't make sense, and "normally" I would have some problems or not even be able to function, this is one of those things that confuses them & myself. It's extremely odd.

And to the moderator that left the friendly warning, do you realise I am not the one throwing insults around, some other people start that and continue it, the only time I do respond with a "sort of" insult you arch up at me only. Taking sides?

We are also going off topic here, I would actually just like to find out if anyone has any possible theories behind why this is, or how it is that despite the given results, I don't have any obvious impairments, and I am still alive.

I understand what the doctors told me, and I agree with them 100% - It doesn't make any sense.

But anyway, that was another thread, in this thread I was simply asking the general community if they would have any theories behind this.

The general advice here will all medical conditions is to consult qualified medical staff. Of course you have already done that, but the only thing I can suggest is seeing other doctors for their opinion. In particular, how the brain functions is very complex and not fully understood, thus I would not expect this forum to provide you with very deep answers. Unless we have an expert on how brains function, I an not sure that we do.

Moreover, anyone who felt qualified to say much does not have access to your medical records. A proper diagnosis via a chat forum is unlikely.

Edited by ajb

Thanks for the feedback ajb.

I am not really looking for a diagnosis or proper medical advice, I was simply curious to my predicament.

Just probing to see what theories or insights anyone might have on the matter.

You never know where someone with answers could be hiding, some of the greatest ideas and feedback I have ever received have come from completely random people in the most unusual of places. :)

Broad high level brain activity are actually accompanied by seizures and if most of the brain involved it would be a grand mal. However, assuming you had something like an EEG, they are relatively low resolution. in fact, EEGs are often used monitor seizures. That being said, from what little I remember (and I am by no means qualified)

I am not sure how you would interpret "maxing out", as typically the overall waverform shape. For example discrete, bi or triphasic sharp waves can be indicative of epileptiform discharges. If there was no wave (i.e. just a continuous high discharge) it would indicate that one electrodes are not working.

Thank you for the feedback CharonY, that was a very smart & correct response.

They too thought it could have been a problem with the electrodes or even the whole machine, they have since used a few machines and tested me multiple times with the same outcome.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it at all or even how it could cause such a strange & permanent effect but:

When I was about 12 years old, I had cerebral Malaria, luckily for me I survived it, however my brain is now ever so slightly "swollen" and is larger than most peoples. This does not make me smarter, in fact it just causes me to have headaches & migraines frequently, changes in weather also negatively affect me.

After I had survived that, when I was about a year older I had suffered a huge electric shock from mains power. It didn't kill me obviously but that may have jumbled up my brains normal electrical activity.

There is a few other very unusual things about me but I will not go into all of those, since being able to hear dog whistles and feel large sources of electricity in the air are not very useful or relevant to the subject. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Threshold values. Perhaps your synapses are firing at lower levels of stimuli than is ordinary. This would lead to more frequent firing and spread further within the brain. Because the threshold levels are lower, the more frequent firing is maybe not doing the damage it would at higher levels.

Another possibility is that your body's electrical flow is off center. If you constantly have more electrical charge in one area of your body, that polarization could be messing with the electrodes measurements. There are places with machines where you can get a picture taken of your aura. If the aura picture shows a marked distortion, you could follow up with a voltmeter across different sections of your body.

These are just wags (wild a** guesses).

• 2 months later...

If you really are the most intelligent life form on our planet, and not merely

a self-important narcissist as is portrayed in most of your posts, aren't you ethically inclined

to make some incredible contribution to humanity that nobody else could? Can you verify

this great accomplishment, have you the inclination to lie about you having done something

remarkable in the fields of science? I'm just curious as to how one who claims to be the greatest

intellect actually expects anyone to believe him. Claiming that you are the most intelligent person in the world

is idiotic in itself. Any ten year-old would know that no one would believe such an erroneous claim, it would just

make you look like a liar, there are no benefits to being pinned as dishonest.

"If I claim to be a wise man

It surely means that I don't know", Kansas

Attach photo of your brain activity.

If I were you, I would take it from my doctors for sure..

What a let down that was to hear, why doesn't any doctor just tell me "Yes, you have a better functioning brain than everyone else, your superior".

If my computer CPU is running at 100%, I know there is some buggy application in infinite loop. And has to be shutdown or computer will malfunction due to overheating.

100% CPU should be used only while processing serious amount of data. Same with brain. Active only when it's busy.

Edited by Sensei

Thank you for the feedback CharonY, that was a very smart & correct response.

They too thought it could have been a problem with the electrodes or even the whole machine, they have since used a few machines and tested me multiple times with the same outcome.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it at all or even how it could cause such a strange & permanent effect but:

When I was about 12 years old, I had cerebral Malaria, luckily for me I survived it, however my brain is now ever so slightly "swollen" and is larger than most peoples. This does not make me smarter, in fact it just causes me to have headaches & migraines frequently, changes in weather also negatively affect me.

After I had survived that, when I was about a year older I had suffered a huge electric shock from mains power. It didn't kill me obviously but that may have jumbled up my brains normal electrical activity.

There is a few other very unusual things about me but I will not go into all of those, since being able to hear dog whistles and feel large sources of electricity in the air are not very useful or relevant to the subject. :)

Narcissism has many outlets/inputs, but it generally begins with me.

• 3 weeks later...

I am curious as to why you claim to be the "most intelligent life form on the planet?" Is it due to your medical condition? Assuming for the moment your statements have been truthful, I'm not seeing a correlation between your brain operating at 100% for even the most menial tasks and intelligence. To use the CPU analogy, operating at 100% would actually be less beneficial and probably even detrimental.

That being said, once again assuming your statements are truthful, I would be curious as to what other tests the doctors have subjected you to? Did they test your noradrenaline, dopamine and serotonin levels?

Based solely on your post I would guess that a condition that you described would probably be the result of the (about go go full nerd on you) vesicles at the end of the presynaptic neurons axon are malfunctioning in that they are completely uninhibited and are secreting neurotransmitters nonstop. The tests mentioned above should have been the very first thing your doctor checked.