Bad breeding- Evolution Solution

Okay, I know my ideas usually have a few flaws in them, sometimes thousands, but HEAR ME OUT!

I have an idea on how to stop the rise of stupidity!

Tell me if this is ethically fit or not in your opinion.

You know selective breeding? Why can't we use it in the U.S, or other developed countries? BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE NOT WILLING TO HAVE babies just for money, because they aren't desperate.

However, in third world countries, under developed countries and such, there are large numbers of desperate people willing to have babies, and raise them for money.

I was thinking, what if we took the, ahem for lack of a less vulgar word, human fertilizers from the men. Then we used collected you know what to fertilize women in third world countries, also places like Russia, indonesia, Africa(maybe not africa) all previous U.S.S.R locations, India, but not any of the Arab world, for we do not want intelligent adversaries.

Then, over time, the small communities of elites that we had breeded would end up breeding with other elites, and so forth. The people could then be recruited by universities, flown over to the United States(or other developed countries sponsoring this kind of thing) and given training and education. We would then have a much greater number of elites, the most beautiful, most intelligent, best fit, ect... ect... would end up being all over that place.

We could then selectively breed stronger and smarter people over a few generations and then use their fertilizers to produce more elites.

That is basically what hitler tried to do. but he had a much more insane idea about it...plus his idea involved the killing of others that his new "super race" would replace..............Yah just thought you should know. Also, that may work for a while but you would have to have much more control over the process then just letting the elites breed on their own...eventually there would be a strange mutation and somthing bad would happen like: reduced intellegence or possibly that they would all become sensative to viruses or somthing like that. I just finnished the science part of the WASL and so my brain is shot...I cant find another word other than sensative!! well I am going to go! Yah~

:banana:

Originally posted by Kylon

Okay, I know my ideas usually have a few flaws in them, sometimes thousands, but HEAR ME OUT!

I have an idea on how to stop the rise of stupidity!

Tell me if this is ethically fit or not in your opinion.

Alrighty then...

You know selective breeding? Why can't we use it in the U.S, or other developed countries? BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE NOT WILLING TO HAVE babies just for money, because they aren't desperate.
I'm fairly certain that's not the only reason. It might also be something to do with the difference between seeing babies as human beings, or as commodities to be bought and sold like pigs and pork-bellies.

However, in third world countries, under developed countries and such, there are large numbers of desperate people willing to have babies, and raise them for money.
Ok...I'll just have to take your word for that.

I was thinking, what if we took the, ahem for lack of a less vulgar word, human fertilizers from the men. Then we used collected you know what
Is sperm a vulgar word now?
...to fertilize women in third world countries, also places like Russia, indonesia, Africa(maybe not africa) all previous U.S.S.R locations, India,
Why not Africa? Do you have anything in particular against Africans? ....As for the other countries, what would you do? Have people going door to door with loaded tukey basters?

Ok, here's an ethics bit: Suppose for a moment, that the women from these countries don't want to be fertilized with sperm from people you decided were fit to father their children, but who they've never met (nor will ever meet), from foreign countries they'll never go to. What would you do then?

...but not any of the Arab world, for we do not want intelligent adversaries.
Of course not. That would put you at a huge disadvantage.

Then, over time, the small communities of elites that we had breeded would end up breeding with other elites, and so forth. The people could then be recruited by universities, flown over to the United States(or other developed countries sponsoring this kind of thing) and given training and education. We would then have a much greater number of elites, the most beautiful, most intelligent, best fit, ect... ect... would end up being all over that place.
Would you be one of the...ahem...'sperm' donors? If so, would you have any interest in the child/children you had breeded?

We could then selectively breed stronger and smarter people over a few generations and then use their fertilizers to produce more elites.
It all sounds a bit elitist to me. Why do we need 'stronger' people anyway? If they're that intelligent, they're not going to be in jobs that require heavy lifting, are they? However, apart from the 'ethical fitness' issues, the whole idea is based on the assumption that intelligence is completely genetic, and that the environments in which these babies would be raised has no influence. Poverty, poor nutrition and hygene, exposure to disease, overcrowding, poor educational facilities and little hope for a meaningful future all have an influence too y'know.

Orignally posted by MrL_JaKiri

People are scared of the word eugenics.

Well, maybe not the word, because they probably won't know what it means.

But the concept.

Hitler spoilt it for everyone!

Yeah...what an utter bastard! How could he be so selfish as to ruin a perfectly good way of imposing a totalitarian system on people who don't want it, and dictating who people can and can't marry and who can and can't have children? I think he should be given a stern talking to!

...oh wait...he was...by the entire free world over about 7 years!

Y'see, that's what tends to happen when you try to control people's lives against their will.

With respect to eugenics, consider this; if there are aspects of your life that you consider private and inviolable, then you have to accept that other people are likely to feel the same. If you consider it your right to defend those aspects of your life against manipulation by 'external agencies', then you have to accept that that right applies equally to others. In short, if there are aspects of your life that you don't want other people to mess with, then you have to accept you don't have the right to mess with those aspects of other people's lives.

As late as the 19th century in the USA, proposals were submitted for the compulsory sterilisation of the 'feeble minded' (irrespective of actual diagnoses). It was proposed that sterilisaton on the bases of IQ test results would eliminate 'feeble mindedness' from the population. Think about that; of what quality were IQ tests in the 19th century? At that time there were hellish places where anybody suffering anything that manifested in odd behaviour and which was not understood were put, often for life, and always against their will. Unless, of course, they were rich, in which case, such behaviour was simply 'eccentricity'. Have we progressed so far in a mere 200 years, that we can consider similar strategies to be acceptable now?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1965811.stm

From that site: "...30 states conducted sterilisation programmes - in Virginia's case until 1979 - in an effort to wipe out human deficiencies and vices assumed to be hereditary.....In all more than 60,000 people are thought to have been sterilised in the US in the name of eugenics.

Sixty-one-year-old Rose Brooks, herself a victim of Virginia's eugenics programme, helped unveil the memorial and declared the state governor's apology "pretty good".

She was sterilised at Virginia Colony for Epileptics and Feebleminded in 1957 after having twin boys out of wedlock. The children were taken from her and adopted."

200 years? It's been barely 20.

• 3 months later...

we have this really stupid guy at work that we hope doesn't breed. the reason for not wanting him to breed is that his brother used to work with us as well and he was stupid as hell too. leads me to the conclusion that stupidity is hereditary. these people should not be given the opportunity to breed!!! ignorance can be helped. stupidity is just wrong.