Looking at infinity with human eyes

Guest hebrewboy

Guest hebrewboy
Amen! to That. I think that is how big infinity is!

But please make it like this:

1' date='000,000,000,000,000,000 * 10 to the power 10,000,000 thousand trillion.

Amen to that!

hebrewboy[/quote']

To some people it seems a futile debate looking at the size of infinity. If looking at electrons or the size of atoms can be useful or beneficial to us humans, I believe looking at infinity will open more doors and create more jobs than ever before was possible.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10^∞ that is your infinity.

my infinity 10' date='000,000,000,000,000,000^∞ or more like it.

hebrewboy[/quote']

which are exactly the same thing. :rolleyes:

The point is that quantum theory looks at things that are very small. Like electrons and atoms. and it is not stupid is it?

In the same way infinity theory looks at bigger things. Things at galaxy level, or constellation level. why should it be stupid?

because thats not INFINITE. thats really really big. there is nothing infinite about any of the things we can measure, like the sizes of galaxies.

If looking at electrons or the size of atoms can be useful or beneficial to us humans, I believe looking at infinity will open more doors and create more jobs than ever before was possible.

Electrons and atoms are not infinitely small. Looking at infinity will do nothing to help us, partially because we can not see it. We couldn't get any technology from understanding infinity anyway. And how could it make jobs?

Callipygous and Macroscopic are correct.

The only use of infinity is to make sense of other things, but understanding it is no use. And asking how big it is is even more pointless. As you own definitions said: Infinity is unlimited. Why then would you go asking what infinity is through a human's eye or how big it is?

I really don't think humans can comprehend infinity. As it just goes on forever. My opinion and I stick with this is there are 2 things that humans can never fully comprehend: nothingness, and infinity. Because we really have nothing to describe them with.

Guest hebrewboy
I really don't think humans can comprehend infinity. As it just goes on forever. My opinion and I stick with this is there are 2 things that humans can never fully comprehend: nothingness, and infinity. Because we really have nothing to describe them with.

That is precisely to point. We have in English Language Vocabulary over 5 million words. But we are still unable to picture infinity or nothingness or zero.

10^∞

That is good known way of describing infinity mathematically. But look at its limitations. With this symbol it just looks like a number. When infinity in reality is not a number it is a living thing, with sides, bearings, size, height, width, weight, mass and depth, volume and area etc.

10^∞ can help us understand one aspect of infinity for example its circumference or its length but not all aspects. That is the point I am trying to make. We need more than Mobius strip ∞ or conventional symbol of infinity.

The first thing is that we have to look at basic mathematical concepts first:

length

Width

Height

Area

Vlome

we have to re-work them out and apply them to two things:

amorphous shapes and amorphous sizes

- 0.0 10^∞

and + to 10^∞

then

apply to nothingness or zeroness or zero

and then to infinity.

The point is it will help us understand the universe better and our position in the universe.

hebrewboy

Guest hebrewboy
Electrons and atoms are not infinitely small. Looking at infinity will do nothing to help us, partially because we can not see it. We couldn't get any technology from understanding infinity anyway. And how could it make jobs?

you say humans cannot understand universe with boundaries or without boundaries.

I believe if we put our imagination in motion we can do it.

We can understand universe without boundaries and we can also understand universe with boundaries.

hebrewboy

That is good known way of describing infinity mathematically. But look at its limitations. With this symbol it just looks like a number. When infinity in reality is not a number it is a living thing, with sides, bearings, size, height, width, weight, mass and depth, volume and area etc.

NO

get it through your head already!

infinity is a concept, it is NOT a living thing, it doesnt have sides, it doesnt have size, length, width, weight, mass, depth, volume, or area. all those things put limits on it, the definition of infinity is LIMITLESS.

NO.