Hyper Cube

hello, kids,

what is a hyper cube

and i understand wat the first four dimensions are but wat are any other dimensions that can be talked about. like i can comprehend time and space but wat else could ther be.

thanks men of earth

Here are some threads that talk in more detail about higher dimensions and hypercubes. I've done the search parameters so the word hypercube will be highlighted in red:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7967&highlight=hypercube

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1068&highlight=hypercube

its nothing other than concept. if your asking for some tangible meaning in it your going to be sorely dissapointed. were 3 dimensional. our brains arent even equiped to understand the vastness of our own universe in its 3 dimensions. a four dimensional object is meaningless to us.

• 3 weeks later...

Theres actually a simple way to understand a 4th dimension... possibly more, however it technically couldn't be called a 4th spatial dimension. Anyways, if you just added gradient as a 4th dimension... then you'd see the 3d object, the the 4th d made by the light / darkness of the gradient.

You could even add another if you made another gradient using 2 colors. Get creative, and you could probably think of many ways to "add" dimensions to an object.

Or you could use time for the 4th dimension. So a unit hypercube would be a unit cube which existed only for one unit of time. It would not exist, then suddenly flick into existence, last a unit of time and disappear again.

(I will leave the Minkowski metric to one side...)