Telekinesis, telepathy and their impact on science [Absolutely NONE]

Eldad Eshel

How can a guy saying out load exactly what I just said in my head be coincidence ?

That is the very nature of a coincidence. It is the regularity of the perception of coincidence that is what you have noticed.

Read up on the science of coincidences please.

If you just prefer to listen YouTube has a good documentary in 5 sections on "Critical Thinking About Coincidences (1/5)" by Kevin deLaplante

Edited by Robittybob1

Rob makes a great point.

!

Moderator Note

I am going to call a halt to discussion of ANY phenomena that are impossible to independently and objectively verify. To clarify this point - I can imagine (in fact I have written in this thread) ways in which the psi-wheel experiment could be improved to a status that would start"to get scientists attention if not agreement. There is NO way that this could happen to a "I am thinking of a word" and someone says it out loud; that would always rely on the subject's memory and perception and is thus quintessentially subjective.

Thus the psi-wheel is acceptable as long as we are moving towards a repeatable and verifiable experiment - BUT the "I think of a word thing" is completely unacceptable.

Do not bring it up in this thread - or open others to discuss it.

You know everything can be explained by science... probably :P

About the psi-wheel well its already proven that its because of the heat flow most of the time since if the air around the wheel heats up then the surrounding cold air rushes in and thus spins the wheel and it seems like a magic

Once the trick is revealed there is no fun in watching the magic anymore :')

I have another telepathic experience to share. I was in the hospital feeling very bad, and was trying to get my doctor (a woman) to take me outside to the open air. I was in a closed department. I said to her in my head "I have to go outside, let me go outside" like this over and over. She after a while came, took me by the hand and wanted to take me outside. There were 2 doors leading outside, we passed the first one, then were just about to pass the second one, but staff came and took me inside. I was new there and was not allowed to go outside yet. Only after 3 months was I allowed to go outside. This is a very special incident. One of the most special that happened to me in my life.

I have another theory for it's movement. Not sure if others have mentioned it before, I admit I skipped through some of the pages, could not read all the posts, far too many..

Wireless device interference or microwave energy, which does affect very light metal objects to a small extent.

The only real way to prove this in a serious way, would be to put the object in a shielded room, one that doesn't have any electronic devices or wires in the room, protected from electromagnetic interference and any airflow, perhaps also in a vacuum sealed chamber inside this room with very weak LED bulbs lighting the room to not produce enough energy or heat that could possibly interfere with it, and have you sitting outside the room (but close to the object if you like) looking through glass and try affect it then.

This sounds like a lot of work, but would have to be done in order to try and actually "prove" telekinesis - Which the military did also study back in the days and found no evidence to support it, telekinesis seems impossible when you conduct the experiments properly over a longer period of time.

As for some of the OP's questions regarding telepathy and the likes, he would be better off visiting my blog (link in my signature) - to which I have recently posted something that I worked on with an organization, which was founded by some of the people that created the training/methods for RV (Remote Viewing) for the Army, before it then evolved into TRV (Technical Remote Viewing) and once more into what it is today. (After the military stopped all funding & research into TRV.)

I have another telepathic experience to share. I was in the hospital feeling very bad, and was trying to get my doctor (a woman) to take me outside to the open air. I was in a closed department. I said to her in my head "I have to go outside, let me go outside" like this over and over. She after a while came, took me by the hand and wanted to take me outside. There were 2 doors leading outside, we passed the first one, then were just about to pass the second one, but staff came and took me inside. I was new there and was not allowed to go outside yet. Only after 3 months was I allowed to go outside. This is a very special incident. One of the most special that happened to me in my life.

Do you understand that there could be other explanations for this? Would you like to take a moment to give me two examples of what could explain this event that do not involve telepathy?

Why Rob? Do you think I am wrong? Do you think it is telepathy that he is experiencing? *shakes head*

Some people do seem to be naturally discerning. Some are over sensitive - I have had experiences with these types of people. Back in my spiritual days it was said that Discernment was a gift of the Holy Ghost. I just reckon some people are very sensitive to the body language of others.. but this is just speculation of sorts.

No - I do not have a medical background (other than doing a short course on medical physics). But it seems pretty plain to me that he is NOT telepathic and I do not need a medical degree to conclude that.

Edited by DrP

Why Rob? Do you think I am wrong? Do you think it is telepathy that he is experiencing? *shakes head*

Some people do seem to be naturally discerning. Some are over sensitive - I have had experiences with these types of people. Back in my spiritual days it was said that Discernment was a gift of the Holy Ghost. I just reckon some people are very sensitive to the body language of others.. but this is just speculation of sorts.

No - I do not have a medical background (other than doing a short course on medical physics). But it seems pretty plain to me that he is NOT telepathic and I do not need a medical degree to conclude that.

Thanks for answering the Q. It was the "Dr" bit in you username made me wonder if you were a psychologist or such like.

There were also other recent posts that had a leaning toward an interest in medical issues. I could be called Doctor in my country because of the degree I have so I look out for those that have similar knowledge.

"Do you think I am wrong? Do you think it is telepathy that he is experiencing? *shakes head*" I will answer that question if the your own bias wasn't so obvious.

Interesting bits now appearing about the Holy Ghost was this from an edit or did I miss it before?

!

Moderator Note

OK - this thread gets back on to objectively verifiable science issues or it gets locked.

So please no more anecdotes, no more discussing the anecdotes, and please no more guess work on mental health conditions in this or in any thread.

Yes telepathy is very controversial and hard to pin down, even for me who believes in it strongly. So back to the telekinesis.

There have been several people with telekinetic abilities who have been researched at the university, and in some cases also with positive results. One example is the russian woman Nina Kulagina, who was studied by high ranked physicists who came up with positive results. I am sure they produced papers on the subject with actual proof. Is this not considered as evidence ? You can also view her videos and judge for yourself. If you know of more people in this magnitude please let me know, as I am not that big an expert on the subject.

There's no plausible science on which to speculate a mechanism for telepathy or TK and there's no verified scientific investigations of those phenomena to even start speculating a mechanism... both possible speculatory avenues are closed. There's nowhere to start meaningfully, unless, one just wants to make stuff up.

There have been several people with supposed and unsubstantiated cliams of telekinetic abilities who have been researched at the university, and in some cases also with positive results that for some reason I refuse to reference specifically so others can validate for themselves what I'm saying.

One example is the russian woman Nina Kulagina, who was studied in highly uncontrolled environments by high ranked physicists who came up with positive results that could be much more easily explained by simple trickery and sleight of hand like we see magicians using in Las Vegas. I am sure they produced papers on the subject with actual proof, though again I refuse to cite them so we can move this conversation forward in an intelligent manner.

There. FTFY. :)

Is this not considered as evidence?

Perhaps by some loose definition one could call this evidence, but it most certainly does not appropriately scale with the magnitude of your claims. It's like saying that lightning is evidence for the existence of Thor. Sure, lightning is a type of evidence, but clearly not for the specific claim of Thor's existence. This is similar to the arguments that you're here making.

I am not that big an expert on the subject.

Strange. I would never have guessed that. :rolleyes:

Let me help out here, in case some of you never take the time to actually look more carefully into some of the things being said.

You cannot reference everything, especially if some of the data and research that has been conducted is not posted online, it's not freely available to the general public.

I can assure you, the military has done some research & experiments, which some of them have indeed yielded "results" which indicate that telepathy is real.

But, they were not able to prove telekinesis.

There is far more going on behind the scenes that you are not aware of, most of it is military based, but because you cannot see the studies or results for your self, you automatically & incorrectly assume that nothing has been done or that no conclusive evidence has been found.

There is such as thing as "top secret", there is also some laws in place that prevent some of the studies, results & technology that have been developed from becoming public knowledge until 30-50 years after the technology was created or after the studies have been concluded.

Unfortunately I am still bound by my 2 different clearance levels in relation to my previous job, I cannot provide further information on these subjects without going to jail or going missing.

But let me state this now: Your all going to kick your selves when you eventually find out just what has been done and what humans posses in forms of "technology" which is not in public hands.

In approximately 8 more years, the world will get it's first announcement on something which may make you re-think your current stance on certain subjects.

Just because you don't have access to certain information or can't find it on Google, doesn't mean it's not there already. I know for the majority of the population it's a "seeing is believing", but you can't see it even if it's going on because you don't have the clearance for it and the right job. Certain positive & negative vetting clearance levels mean not even people in government including the president or prime ministers can know about it.

Some of them will never pass these kinds of clearances due to past history, associations, potential for blackmail, family, friends, mental health & behavioural reasons.

Why do I bother to say these things now after so many of you have jumped on the "no evidence to support these claims" wagon..

You will have to wait a long while to find out.

With this being said, I am no longer going to participate in these forums, none of you are even remotely scientific, your all fakes with ego issues, your all arrogant and just can't see it.

Good luck to you on your quest to simply deny everything and hurl abuse at people in some form or another, whatever makes you "feel smarter" than the OP.

"God said, let there be light! And there was light, then man invented the light switch." - The Angry Intellect

If it turned up in military studies, there's no reason it wouldn't turn up in private and/or civilian studies. Funny how it hasn't despite decades of trying and millions in prize money incentivizing it.

I can assure you if you just give it approximately 8 more years... there will still be no evidence. But all you "no evidence to support these claims" bandwagoners who aren't being "even remotely scientific" will see the efficacy of blindly believing in whatever people who aren't like you claim. They will always be righter than you.

!

Moderator Note

OK - Back on topic EVERYONE!

Discussion of modnotes or other members from this point onwards will get hidden and earn the poster a warning point.

We have a reporting system for disagreeing with modnotes and pretty strict rule about sticking to the topic and another about not making things personal

I can assure you if you just give it approximately 8 more years... there will still be no evidence. But all you "no evidence to support these claims" bandwagoners who aren't being "even remotely scientific" will see the efficacy of blindly believing in whatever people who aren't like you claim. They will always be righter than you.

So you are claiming after 8 years one lot will be right and the other lot will be wrong? And not only that but you have picked the winning side.

8 years is still a short time span in the scientific development timescale, e.g compare that to the 100 years for the discovery of gravitational waves.

So I was surprised that AI gave such a short and optimistic timescale of just 8 years, what say it is made a little more realistic and extended out to 100 years, and then we'll see who is right.

Edited by Robittybob1

More likely, Phi forgot to use his sarcasm tags.

One can wait 8 years, or even 18 years, but what about 100 years? Who would be checking the one hundred year old threads on the Science Forum for the challenge to see who was right? I'd imagine it bugged Einstein when he was dying to think he will never find out whether he was right or wrong over gravitational waves.

One can wait 8 years, or even 18 years, but what about 100 years? Who would be checking the one hundred year old threads on the Science Forum for the challenge to see who was right?

OK, you're in charge of that.

Now can we please take this 24 page embarrassment of a thread down, so it doesn't show up on the cover page anymore? This is NOT how I wanted to step up the rigor for 2016.