You want to become Gods?

elizsia

You want to become Gods? Yet your trying to disprove Gods existence? Yet you want to become Gods?

The very meaning of the word God gave you the desire to become Gods, Even when God existed long before you wanted to become Gods...

Science... We want to become Gods, Yet we dont believe in God..... You dont believe in God, Yet you want to become Gods....... Crazy People...

And what will you do when you become Gods? will you create a new species on some new planet and then pass yourselves off as Gods?

And then the new species will worship you as Gods? And they will make many Religions to Worship you as Gods?

Even when you dont believe in God...

No thanks, man. I've reached my limit of idiotic theist debating for the day. Check back with me next week.

• 3 weeks later...

You appear to have missed the joke. Nobody here understands why you felt the need to post the exact same message four different times into the exact same thread across several different days/weeks. Once surely would have sufficed.

Eliszia, I also believe in a Creative Intelligence and would like to agree with you. However your OP made sweeping assumptions and you closed your mind to anyone who contradicted you. You cannot expect others to have an open mind when you seem to have closed yours to the opinions and thoughts of other people here who are rooted in the objective truths delivered by the scientific method. As you know, you can only debate when you closely listen to your opponent.

I hope you reflect and then return to address the points made by others, which are equally valid to your points. Good luck man.

Edited by jimmydasaint

• 3 months later...

You want to become Gods? Yet your trying to disprove Gods existence? Yet you want to become Gods?

The very meaning of the word God gave you the desire to become Gods, Even when God existed long before you wanted to become Gods...

Science... We want to become Gods, Yet we dont believe in God..... You dont believe in God, Yet you want to become Gods....... Crazy People...

And what will you do when you become Gods? will you create a new species on some new planet and then pass yourselves off as Gods?

And then the new species will worship you as Gods? And they will make many Religions to Worship you as Gods?

Even when you dont believe in God...

I just got a message from the god. She's well and truly fed up with the name 'God', which according to her, isn't even a name. She wants you to refer to her as Bernice from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not becoming gods but rather solving humanities fears and curiosities, no human wants to be sick in deadly diseases, we want to live for longer, etc ( not speaking for everyone of course ), without curiosity there wouldn't be science cause no one would have questioned anything and wanted to find out about it.

We have become highly intelligent animals, and thats what we will always be, even if we live for 1000 years in top health and flying cars.

It's not a matter of wanting.

Modern humans are the closest thing there is to a "god."

Christians and muslims are looking up to the sky or in their middle eastern story books for some higher power that unfortunately hasn't made it's existence undeniably known to us.

But they sell themselves short, they give their 'power' away so to speak, because if you want to see 'godly' just look at what human beings are capable of.

Just think about it...the whole reason you are typing on a super complex computer right now is because of the amazing intellect of humans beings.

Edited by EvanF