Photons relativistic mass

Photons move at the speed of light, which is the same in all inertial references. Photons also show finite expressions; wavelength and frequency, which are inertial reference dependent.

The photon has two legs. One leg is always planted at the speed of light, while the other leg is planted in finite or inertial reference. This leg can pivot; red and blue shift.The SR equation you presented is based on inertial references, and therefore impacts only the inertial leg. The equation is discontinuous at C, and does not impact the C-leg.

What changes is the wavelength and frequency leg, but not the speed of light; C-leg. The C-leg stays planted, while the inertial leg pivots based on speed in inertial reference.

The photon has two legs.

Citation needed.

Do photons obey the equation :

m = m0 / sq.rt (1 - v2/c2)

No, because that equation is to calculate the total mass-energy of an object in one frame of reference as observed from another frame of reference. The photon does not have a frame of reference, therefore the equation is not applicable.

That's an unusual way of expressing it, puppypower ( no, I didn't neg you ).

You essentially said E of a photon is proportional to frequency/inversely proportional to wavelength, and not related at all to c ( because c is fixed or 'firmly planted' ).

I don't see a problem with that, so I'm restoring your rep.

Edited by MigL