Computer Geniuses Needed! (file recovery)

Christ slave

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows of any good data and file recovery software (free, and fully functional) that works in that it looks for deleted files (particularly files from another user on this same computer, as I deleted my old user-account for Windows XP) and finds everything from that user account.

I also have an already recovered *.zip file, however, the file is unopenable presently by simply attempting to open it, so I am wondering if anybody knows how to receive the files that are in a seemingly "corrupted" zip file, as the file appears to contain some or all of the files, but it simply doesn't open up in winzip (or, at least it didn't when I tried). So, is there some other method of deencryption or something necessary to converting an undeleted file, such as a zip file, to being functional or salvagable? I would like the files in the zip file, and zip file is some several megabytes in size, so I do believe that the material and adata exists in it, I just don't personally know what to do about it and how to receive it apart from seeking help.

Thanks!

having recently had to retreve some data from a floppy that hade its boot-sector and lots of other data coruppted, i can be pretty certain when i tell you A/that there arent any decent programs that recover data, which are legaly available for free, and B/even with the programs, its still @&~#ing annoying attempting to reclaim data.

badcopy pro is quite good at reclaiming damaged data from a floppy, i guess it'd probably work as well for a hdd.

if you pm a mod and ask them to move this thread out of pseudoscience and into computer science, you may get more replys btw

None of it is going to be free or cheap. Most places actually higher a contractor to do this stuff. It can get as ugly as taking the hd apart in a lab.

There are some programs that will scan your hard drive and try to find files, though. Try google.

Hi' date=' I am wondering if anyone knows of any good data and file recovery software (free, and fully functional) that works in that it looks for deleted files (particularly files from another user on this same computer, as I deleted my old user-account for Windows XP) and finds everything from that user account.

I also have an already recovered *.zip file, however, the file is unopenable presently by simply attempting to open it, so I am wondering if anybody knows how to receive the files that are in a seemingly "corrupted" zip file, as the file appears to contain some or all of the files, but it simply doesn't open up in winzip (or, at least it didn't when I tried). So, is there some other method of deencryption or something necessary to converting an [i']undeleted[/i] file, such as a zip file, to being functional or salvagable? I would like the files in the zip file, and zip file is some several megabytes in size, so I do believe that the material and adata exists in it, I just don't personally know what to do about it and how to receive it apart from seeking help.

Thanks!

The way you have constructed your post has led me to believe you are attempting to retrieve someone elses deleted files.The good news is you certainly dont need any fancy software to accomplish this,or to open/repair corrupt zip files.

The bad news is its very devious and disrepectful of others privacy to attempt this.I think this should be best left alone.If im being too cynical forgive me but reading your post you have obviously lost nothing of great value.Accept you have learned a lesson(hard drives fail)and make backups of important files.

No, I deleted my own USER account, and when using software to reclaim data, it seems I cannot find a file which I had hidden or placed somewhere that included my vbulletin license information (which someone had bought for me, so as it stands I do not own their e-mail account to retrieve the information immediately myself through it).

So, as this computer is using one user account, I was wondering if it were possible to somehow access old user accounts on this computer...or if anyone knew the precise method if indeed there is some alternate path/method to doing so (or if it makes no difference).

At any rate, I have a zip file which includes my old vbulletin files, I believe (graphics, styles, etc.), and it's some megabytes in size, and I'd like to retrieve the files from it...if I have to pay an ungodly amount of money to get it back myself, I'd be better off saving that money and using it for other things (plus, I am at quite a crossroads here and don't necessarily have such money to do so).

At any rate' date=' I have a zip file which includes my old vbulletin files, I believe (graphics, styles, etc.), and it's some megabytes in size, and I'd like to retrieve the files from it...if I have to pay an ungodly amount of money to get it back myself, I'd be better off saving that money and using it for other things (plus, I am at quite a crossroads here and don't necessarily have such money to do so).[/quote']

Ok i will help you on this one file!

I will pm you.

Yes ive got it now,been trying for the last hour...I can see the info in the file (AOL flash/Aol instant messenger cfg file/AOL flash 6.1/Roxio easy cd creator5/Winamp/the pc owners name /Micro office files/Ring any bells but its pretty obvious the computer it came from was infected with the chernobyl virus,its corrupted the lot.Ive tried various software to recover any salvagable data,but so far :-(

I have Zip repair pro working on it now as i cannot extract anything meaningfull manually.I will keep trying tonite and in the morning.If im unsuccessfull i will pm you,i could send it to pro engineers but they charge and TBH what i can see in it isnt worth paying for.

Oh well back to the grind:-(