Socialization threshold

petrushka.googol

I opine that something exists called as the socilaization threshold

okay but you're probably going to have to describe in detail what that is and how you can quantify it such that you can make statements like

People with a high threshold resort to substance abuse to gain social acceptability. :wacko:

without it sounding like you pulled it from your... well you know

what is a socialization threshold? this isn't a term that I can find in literature (though obviously a lot of papers for each of these terms individually)

Edited by andrewcellini

okay but you're probably going to have to describe in detail what that is and how you can quantify it such that you can make statements like

without it sounding like you pulled it from your... well you know

what is a socialization threshold? this isn't a term that I can find in literature (though obviously a lot of papers for each of these terms individually)

Different people socialize at various levels. Some instantly make friends, others need some special interest group to stimulate their minds. The "threshold" term I have introduced above implies the effort required to thaw an individuals seclusion when placed in a group. Alcoholics and drug abusers are usually depressed and dependent on external dopamine fixes and this makes them cold and aloof, with a high threshold. Socialites on the other hand have a low threshold.

Alcoholics and drug abusers are usually depressed and dependent on external dopamine fixes and this makes them cold and aloof, with a high threshold.

are they? citation needed, this claim cannot be taken for granted.

Socialites on the other hand have a low threshold.

then what "threshold" would a socialite who is also a drug addict have?

and i ask again, how do you quantify the "threshold?" what other quantities are related to it?

Different people socialize at various levels. Some instantly make friends, others need some special interest group to stimulate their minds. The "threshold" term I have introduced above implies the effort required to thaw an individuals seclusion when placed in a group. Alcoholics and drug abusers are usually depressed and dependent on external dopamine fixes and this makes them cold and aloof, with a high threshold. Socialites on the other hand have a low threshold.

It is a well know fact that pink unicorns tend to be depressed, while the green ones are more outgoing. From this it is a logical conclusion that blue unicorn poo is more nutritious.

It is a well know fact that pink unicorns tend to be depressed, while the green ones are more outgoing. From this it is a logical conclusion that blue unicorn poo is more nutritious.

Perhaps some ridicule will act as a dash of cold water in the face for you, Strange.

It's absolutely ludicrous to make these irrational leaps and assumptions that are so often wrong and always based on Begging the Question, and this-makes-sense-to-me "logic". Some of the pink unicorns might be depressed, but it's much more likely because they want poo that tastes good instead of that healthy blue shit.

The green ones only seem outgoing; they're trying to pick your pocket so they can go to McDonald's.

I opine that something exists called as the socilaization threshold.

People with a high threshold resort to substance abuse to gain social acceptability. :wacko:

!

Moderator Note

This pattern is getting tiresome.

You don't define what you mean by socialization threshold. You make a claim based on this vague terminology, but provide no model or evidence, suggestion of testing this, or links to where this might have been tested or even discussed. As such, this does not qualify for discussion in speculations.

You need to do better.