Anthropocene [December 16, 1811]

Kalopin

I am requesting your vote to make December 16, 1811 to be the starting point for the Anthropocene era [the new age of man] the proposed term for the current geological epoch, from the time of the industrilal revolution onward...

The reasons being that a sungrazer comet, C/1811 F1, made a close pass in front of our planet in late November/early December causing extreme climate change, the mini ice age from 1811-1817, many earthquakes, eruptions, weather events, eventually causing the eruption of Mount Tambora in 1815 and "1816- the year without a summer". Temperatures have risen ever since this date...

I invite you to go through all the details and to see the amount of evidence pointing to these scenarios. begin at-

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/science-history-impact-physics-climate-change-tony-hood?trk=pulse_spock-articles

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/moment-space-anthropocene-rock-tony-hood?trk=prof-post

Please place your vote, start here-

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2014/08/16/the-anthropocene-part-1-tracking-human-induced-catastrophe-on-a-planetary-scale/

Tthere is a lot of information to go through. Hope this finds your interest...

!

Moderator Note

After staff review, we've reinstated this thread and moved it to Speculations. Climate Science is a mainstream section where people go for information, so we need to discuss whether comets cause earthquakes elsewhere.

I will also ask the OP to give us a brief synopsis of "a lot of information to go through". This will surely create the interest you desire.

I am requesting your vote to make December 16, 1811 to be the starting point for the Anthropocene era [the new age of man] the proposed term for the current geological epoch, from the time of the industrilal revolution onward...

The reasons being that a sungrazer comet, C/1811 F1, made a close pass in front of our planet in late November/early December causing extreme climate change, the mini ice age from 1811-1817, many earthquakes, eruptions, weather events, eventually causing the eruption of Mount Tambora in 1815 and "1816- the year without a summer". Temperatures have risen ever since this date...

I'm going to need much more than a blog post as evidence that a comet or small meteor caused all of this.

Also, since the rationale behind the beginning of this era is (as per your Forbes link) "what should we call this period of time when we started trashing the planet? And when did it begin?" why would you use a non-human influenced event as a marker?

I'm going to need much more than a blog post as evidence that a comet or small meteor caused all of this.

Also, since the rationale behind the beginning of this era is (as per your Forbes link) "what should we call this period of time when we started trashing the planet? And when did it begin?" why would you use a non-human influenced event as a marker?

Thanks,

http://koolkreations.wix.com/kalopins-legacyon the cover the document "An extraterrestrial origin for the Mississippi embayment" has some details and the crater's coordinates.

Please go through all the evidence- the satellite views, stratigraphy of the valley, go through the historical accounts, look closely at the impactites [rocks] and once you see the scientific and observational data, I believe you will come to this same conclusion- that this was much more than just a seismic event in the central United States, but was a global catastrophe from the close passing of a comet-

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/humboldt/alexander/travels/chapter14.html-has excellent accounts of the many disasters which occurred at this same moment and in this same area. Caracas, Venezuela was also destroyed killing many thousands at the same time...

I feel it an important moment in time, to change much of the direction in human history. Once this finds further study, I believe many events will find explanation. That this was a sungrazer comet and made a close pass in front of Earth in late November/early December producing a serial impact.

This will be found to have caused the mini-ice age from 1811-1817, many earthquakes, eruptions and strange weather patterns, produced the Carolina bays, caused the eruption of Mount Tambora in 1815 and "1816-the year without a summer", was the reason for such a drop in temperatures to wipe out much of Napolean's army, caused the hurricane that sent off the tornado to kill many of the British, forcing their retreat, as they were trying to destroy the U.S. capital. This comet affected human history and changed so much that a new era had begun. The recovery from all these disasters, the deaths, famine and struggles, forced the start of an industrial revolution. It is a fact that temperatures have been on the rise ever since these events and the passing of this comet, Comet C/.1811 f1...

The close passing of this comet resulted in major climate change...

I hope you find the time to go over every detail and let me know what you think.

brief synopsis:

This is some very important information concerning our science and history and what was a meteor impact to northern Mississippi to cause the New Madrid earthquakes of 1811-1812.

Just to the top of northeastern Marshall county, Mississippi there is a circular structure extending partly into Tennessee, which every hill in the valley and every line in the topography emanates out from, in a shock-wave pattern, to the Tennessee river on the east,to out passed the St.Francis river on the west. Panning out from here, draw a line down the middle of the New Madrid bend [in the upper northwest corner of Tennessee] straight to north Slayden, Mississippi to view the lines showing angle, direction and force of the impact written in the topography. Follow each river to the north, [Wolf river, Hatchie river, Loosahatche river..]., from the Mississippi river down through their valleys, through the state of Mississippi to see the larger waves from the shock.

I believe it to be not quite a three mile in diameter crater, with a central rebound peak, with many canyons and deep creeks running out from. In these creeks there are several spherule beds,where many unusual rocks have been found,with every aspect of impactites, meteorites and melt rock of all sorts, what appears to be nanodiamonds and shocked quartz, [though not confirmed, yet].

Following out to each line in topography, there are a couple roads, Mill Pond road and Early Grove road. Where they meet they follow the circular pattern of the inner basin. Just to the east of where these roads meet is a white sand creek, Early Grove creek. Follow this creek up passed the Tennessee state line, passed the Wolf river bottoms, to the west through a tree line and back down through Mount Pleasant to back down passed the impression. This is the first in a series of shock waves that reverberates out many times to the edge of the embayment and is almost the exact same design as the outer edge of the Mississippi embayment. All the semi-circular fractures throughout eastern Arkansas, the sand blows and every line surrounds this central location like a bulls-eye.

The land to the south of impact all runs from east to west and left large chasms, some of which were dammed up and made in to lakes, such as Sardis, Enid and Arkabutla. The valley was pushed upward to the north to a great degree, [known as the "upper mid-land drift", "new Madrid lines", "upland complex","upland formation"] changing its entire geography. It was believed an ice sheet had somehow pulled this land upward, until an Illinois geologist determined the moraines never made it down this far. Then it was thought that inland seas had somehow formed these lines over millions of years, though the lines are more or less evenly spaced and are not beach fronts, that and the fact that there are several descriptions of the shock wave as it occurred within the historical accounts...

Currently the several spherule beds in the northern part of the embayment are considered to be from the Chesapeake bay impact event and the spherule beds in the lower embayment are thought to be from the Chicxulub impact event. This evidence will tie everything together, to an impact on December 16, 1811 from the close passing of a sungrazer comet...

The entire Mississippi embayment is the design left from a large bolide impact, an astrobleme...

Going through the historical accounts, there are many reports of meteoric lights across the skies prior to the first shock, some as far away as Savannah, Georgia, way too far to be any kind of naturally occurring earthquake lights. Church-bells ringing throughout the northeast U.S., many to state they thought the comet had went down in the Ohio river or had "touched the mountain of California". Lights so bright at two-thirty in the morning, one man in Louisville, Kentucky said he could see a needle on the floor. reports of bright lights, loud explosions, clouds of black smoke, smells of sulfur,... in fact there are many descriptions to indicate a meteor impact...

Everyone was scared of the Chickasaw,for what they had done to deSoto. In 1809 they had threatened open war.In 1810 and 1811 they had forced the U.S. Calvary to remove more than five thousand squatters from their land, so there were only natives near this area and the ones that did see the impact and probably up to twenty to thirty miles away from impact were instantly vaporized anyway. As the impact was directed toward New Madrid and happened at two-thirty in the morning, it was misunderstood as an earthquake, the French being a very convincing people, the natives not so much and mainly only the smoke clouds were seen and the shaking was felt near the town of New Madrid, Mo.

There is quite a bit left to study. This involves much of the geography, geology, topography, archaeology,...of the three states of Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas.

There is a lot of lost history and misunderstood science, mostly from the misconceptions and superstitions of a more primitive era in time. It will, more than likely take quite a while before this is finally deciphered, added into curriculum and becomes common knowledge. As I have been studying this now for more than fifteen years and trying hard to put this out for the last five years, it will also, more than likely, take a lot more than just my efforts to correct this much of our science and history. That is why I now ask for your help. Anything you can do to get this to the public and to make this known. Students pay a lot for their education. What has been and is being taught is mostly just conjecture with no substance. The research being put forth here is all based on tangible fact... Can you help?

[An individual is entitled to a belief, a scientist is obligated to determine the percentage of possibility]

Edited by Kalopin

Thanks,

http://koolkreations.wix.com/kalopins-legacyon the cover the document "An extraterrestrial origin for the Mississippi embayment" has some details and the crater's coordinates.

Please go through all the evidence- the satellite views, stratigraphy of the valley, go through the historical accounts, look closely at the impactites [rocks] and once you see the scientific and observational data, I believe you will come to this same conclusion- that this was much more than just a seismic event in the central United States, but was a global catastrophe from the close passing of a comet-

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/humboldt/alexander/travels/chapter14.html-has excellent accounts of the many disasters which occurred at this same moment and in this same area. Caracas, Venezuela was also destroyed killing many thousands at the same time...

I feel it an important moment in time, to change much of the direction in human history. Once this finds further study, I believe many events will find explanation. That this was a sungrazer comet and made a close pass in front of Earth in late November/early December producing a serial impact.

This will be found to have caused the mini-ice age from 1811-1817, many earthquakes, eruptions and strange weather patterns, produced the Carolina bays, caused the eruption of Mount Tambora in 1815 and "1816-the year without a summer", was the reason for such a drop in temperatures to wipe out much of Napolean's army, caused the hurricane that sent off the tornado to kill many of the British, forcing their retreat, as they were trying to destroy the U.S. capital. This comet affected human history and changed so much that a new era had begun. The recovery from all these disasters, the deaths, famine and struggles, forced the start of an industrial revolution. It is a fact that temperatures have been on the rise ever since these events and the passing of this comet, Comet C/.1811 f1...

The close passing of this comet resulted in major climate change...

I hope you find the time to go over every detail and let me know what you think.

The first two I encountered were:

30th of January, 1811, a submarine volcano broke out near the island of St. Michael, one of the Azores.

the earthquake of the 26th of March, 1812. By that catastrophe the town of Caracas was destroyed

The list at the end spans 16 years. Do you have any idea how many earthquakes happen every year? The Caracas quake was a 7.7. On average, since 1900 there are 15 of these per year

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/year/eqstats.php

This is nothing but correlation, which is not causation. It's not evidence.

The first two I encountered were:

30th of January, 1811, a submarine volcano broke out near the island of St. Michael, one of the Azores.

the earthquake of the 26th of March, 1812. By that catastrophe the town of Caracas was destroyed

The list at the end spans 16 years. Do you have any idea how many earthquakes happen every year? The Caracas quake was a 7.7. On average, since 1900 there are 15 of these per year

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/year/eqstats.php

This is nothing but correlation, which is not causation. It's not evidence.

Yes, earthquakes happen all the time. i am discussing a concentration of earthquakes and eruptions along a period of two to three years and at the same time as a large comet was seen in October 1811, as fifty percent larger than the Sun. Herschel saw the comet's tail becoming much shorter in early November 1811, indicating it was coming toward him...

Quote from "Travels to the equinoctial regions of America" chapter 14, about one-quarter down- "...Precisely at this period when this long series of earthquakes commenced in the Transalleghanian States [in the month of December 1811] , the town of Caracas felt the first shock, in calm and serene weather..."

There was no Richter scale 'til 1935, so the magnitudes are later estimates.

The other years are not in question, just the many quakes and eruptions from 1811 to 1813. This is the only evidence available and happens to agree with the timing of the passing of this comet and the many other events that are associated.

I believe even the most skeptical cannot deny that all these events did occur and there must be an explanation. This many quakes, eruptions, severe weather, what the historical accounts state, the designs in the geography seen on satellite. the observations,... are all in alignment. They all agree that this comet, C/1811 f1 was the cause of much destruction...

I did say that there is a lot to go through.

The satellite view is the "smoking gun", the "dead give-away" as all this is written in the geography of this planet...

There happens to be no other mechanism available to be able to form this topography but a meteor impact...

...and so, now impact physics must be revised... :-]

For what reason you are connecting appearance of comet with earthquakes, eruptions of volcanoes, and decrease of temperature.. ?

Earthquakes, eruptions of volcanoes, and decrease of temperature, can be connected to each other.

Volcanoes are releasing gases and ashes to atmosphere that can indeed decrease temperature on entire Earth. As well as gases that can increase it (CO2, CH4).

But these 3 things are not directly connected to comet.

The closest distance between this comet and Earth could be 5.3 mln km (search its perihelion, without taking into account inclination).

We have much closer (thus causing higher influence) much more massive object, our Moon.

Comet's perihelion ~5.3 mln km / Moon's orbit radius ~400k km = ~13.275 times more distance. Inverse-square 1/r^2 gives ~0.00567 = ~0.567% influence if mass of both objects would be the same (but it's not).

Edited by Sensei

Yes, earthquakes happen all the time. i am discussing a concentration of earthquakes and eruptions along a period of two to three years

Can you show us the statistical analysis that indicates there was a concentration of erathquakes at this time.

and at the same time as a large comet was seen in October 1811, as fifty percent larger than the Sun.

Can you show us the calculations, based on the mass of the Earth and the distance to ithat it could have had significant tidal effects on the Earth; i.e. greater than the Moon, for example.

Herschel saw the comet's tail becoming much shorter in early November 1811, indicating it was coming toward him...

There are other possible explanations. Can you tell us where in its orbit the comet was at this time?

I believe even the most skeptical cannot deny that all these events did occur and there must be an explanation. This many quakes, eruptions, severe weather, what the historical accounts state, the designs in the geography seen on satellite. the observations,... are all in alignment.

One possible explanation is coincidence and cherry picking. As you provide no hard data, it is impossible to say.

They all agree that this comet, C/1811 f1 was the cause of much destruction...

But based on what we know about comets, that one can be almost certainly ruled out (without any data to support it).

...and so, now impact physics must be revised...

Not without some data.

Yes, earthquakes happen all the time. i am discussing a concentration of earthquakes and eruptions along a period of two to three years and at the same time as a large comet was seen in October 1811, as fifty percent larger than the Sun.

The coma was 50% larger than the sun. The nucleus was a few tens of km. If that cause earthquakes, then the moon should be devastating our planet with them.

The timing of the quakes and eruptions with the comet were coincidences. You have presented nothing that suggests otherwise.

For what reason you are connecting appearance of comet with earthquakes, eruptions of volcanoes, and decrease of temperature.. ?

Earthquakes, eruptions of volcanoes, and decrease of temperature, can be connected to each other.

Volcanoes are releasing gases and ashes to atmosphere that can indeed decrease temperature on entire Earth. As well as gases that can increase it (CO2, CH4).

But these 3 things are not directly connected to comet.

The closest distance between this comet and Earth could be 5.3 mln km (search its perihelion, without taking into account inclination).

We have much closer (thus causing higher influence) much more massive object, our Moon.

Comet's perihelion ~5.3 mln km / Moon's orbit radius ~400k km = ~13.275 times more distance. Inverse-square 1/r^2 gives ~0.00567 = ~0.567% influence if mass of both objects would be the same (but it's not).

The Moon is not disruptive to Earth's orbit, they are in sync, [after several collisions, terraforming and finding a better harmonic balance...]

...There was an extremely large comet in the sky, in October 1811. There was an extreme amount of meteoric activity at this same time in late November/early December. Several earthquakes, eruptions, strange weather and many disasters occurred at this same moment in time. The geography agrees. The science agrees. The historical accounts agree. There are many accounts describing this...

The orbital elements of Comet C/1811 f1 are rough estimates assigned at a later time, assumptions from bad interpretations and are inaccurate.

How could a comet be seen as fifty percent larger than the Sun and be at a distance of over 1.22 AU [October 16]? If it were that big at that distance, it would have disrupted the entire solar system.

see-

http://www.cometography.com/lcomets/1811f1.html

Study the accounts and see what is being described. Why would people believe the entire comet had went down in the Ohio river at the same moment of the quakes? ...and what of all the accounts of meteor impacts?

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/office/hough/mitchill.htmlgo about three quarters down to Captain Robert Alexander's account- "...three large extraordinary fires, in the air..." and there are many to this affect...

http://www.showme.net/~fkeller/quake/savannah.htm "...preceeded by a meteoric flash of light..."

.There was an extremely large comet in the sky, in October 1811. There was an extreme amount of meteoric activity at this same time in late November/early December. Several earthquakes, eruptions, strange weather and many disasters occurred at this same moment in time. The geography agrees. The science agrees. The historical accounts agree. There are many accounts describing this...

Then you should be able to provide the analysis requested. Where is it?

Can you show us the statistical analysis that indicates there was a concentration of erathquakes at this time.

Can you show us the calculations, based on the mass of the Earth and the distance to ithat it could have had significant tidal effects on the Earth; i.e. greater than the Moon, for example.

There are other possible explanations. Can you tell us where in its orbit the comet was at this time?

One possible explanation is coincidence and cherry picking. As you provide no hard data, it is impossible to say.

But based on what we know about comets, that one can be almost certainly ruled out (without any data to support it).

Not without some data.

What do "we" know about comets?

"statistical analysis"? it was 1811.There are only eye-witness descriptions and Alexander Von Humboldt is but one but, I would think, a very reliable source.

Presently I am not aware of any theoretical physics with calculations considering a comet with enough mass, velocity and on a trajectory taking it to a close enough pass as is being suggested with the effects from C/1811 F1. Can you find something?

The historical accounts all give descriptions that the comet was very close. It was last seen in the southern hemisphere, then the weather [mostly from the comet] disrupted the view-

http://www.hsv.com/genlintr/newmadrd/newspapers/The_Messenger-Feb_28_1811.jpg

[fourth column near the top] "...and the comet appeared hazy and dim. The weather was incessantly varying, from oppressive heat to severe cold and during many of the shocks some rain fell..." ] mmm, what could cause such heat during an "earthquake" in one of the coldest winters on record?]

There is plenty of data- in the satellite views,scientific and observational data, impactites [rocks], historical accounts,... and once the shocked quartz has been confirmed, there will be no doubt that this was an impact from the close passing of a comet...

[miss me Strange? ;-]

The coma was 50% larger than the sun. The nucleus was a few tens of km. If that cause earthquakes, then the moon should be devastating our planet with them.

The timing of the quakes and eruptions with the comet were coincidences. You have presented nothing that suggests otherwise.

to reiterate- the Earth and Moon are both in orbit around the Sun and each other, they are not an object coming in from a different direction, disruptive to gravitational and electromagnetic forces...

the comet passed over at the same time as the many quakes and eruptions, was very large and very close. Many people describe meteoric activity at this same time. The topography of the valley shows the shockwave pattern... [2+2=? ;-]

What do "we" know about comets?

Quite a lot. We have landed a probe on one.

"statistical analysis"? it was 1811.There are only eye-witness descriptions and Alexander Von Humboldt is but one but, I would think, a very reliable source.

You claim that there was "a concentration of earthquakes and eruptions along a period of two to three years". The information on the numbers and strengths of earthquakes is readily available so it should only take you a few hours to demonstrate that this period was exceptional (or not).

Presently I am not aware of any theoretical physics with calculations considering a comet with enough mass, velocity and on a trajectory taking it to a close enough pass as is being suggested with the effects from C/1811 F1.

As there is no physics behind it, why do you consider it a plausible mechanism?

Can you find something?

It's up to you support your claims.

The historical accounts all give descriptions that the comet was very close.

How did they determine the distance?

mmm, what could cause such heat during an "earthquake" in one of the coldest winters on record?]

What is the physics behind a comet affecting weather?

Quite a lot. We have landed a probe on one.

You claim that there was "a concentration of earthquakes and eruptions along a period of two to three years". The information on the numbers and strengths of earthquakes is readily available so it should only take you a few hours to demonstrate that this period was exceptional (or not).

As there is no physics behind it, why do you consider it a plausible mechanism?

It's up to you support your claims.

How did they determine the distance?

What is the physics behind a comet affecting weather?

Yes, and what occurred when Shoemaker/Levy got to close to Jupiter?

...again there were no seismographs, no Richter scale. I don't just claim a concentration, they are all recorded in history books. Please read just the chapter 14, of "Travels to the equinoctial regions of America".

There's plenty physics behind an impact and even one from the close passing of a comet, [again Shoemaker/Levy]

Yes, how did 'they" determine the distance? by description only and it was seen as fifty percent larger than the Sun. So how did "they" find orbital elements at a later time?- precision guesswork?

mmm. wonder what the weather was like on Jupiter when Shoemaker/Levy broke apart and impacted? Ya' think it may have affected it? There's physics behind any motion...

February in the southern hemisphere is summer, not winter. One really doesn't need any special explanation for heat and humidity.

"The Messenger" is from New York and is from the accounts of William L. Pierce, who was in New Orleans, [in the northern hemisphere].

The people who gave the description of the extreme heat were up in "Big Prairie" 761 miles up the Mississippi river... [also in the northern hemisphere and near to the impact] As the article was written in Feb. 1812, the incident was recorded on December 25, 1811 and is about what was seen from the 16th to the 19th of December, 1811...

so what produced such extremes in temperatures?

Edited by Kalopin

...again there were no seismographs, no Richter scale. I don't just claim a concentration, they are all recorded in history books.

If you claim a concentration, then you MUST be able to show this by comparing the numbers over that period with other periods. Come on, it's not hard.

There's plenty physics behind an impact and even one from the close passing of a comet,

Then you should have no problem referencing the peer reviewed papers where this physics is described.

Yes, how did 'they" determine the distance?

You tell me. It was your claim.

If you claim a concentration, then you MUST be able to show this by comparing the numbers over that period with other periods. Come on, it's not hard.

Then you should have no problem referencing the peer reviewed papers where this physics is described.

You tell me. It was your claim.

well, for one, there's no book discussing a concentration of earthquakes in any other years, is there?

after a google search, no, no peer reviewed papers on the physics from the close passing of a comet and/or a serial impact but, as I am sure you are aware, that doesn't mean that there wouldn't be physics involved, that should be a given?

My "claim" is that C/1811 F1 was seen as one and a half times the size of the Sun in October 1811. That should give strong indication that it must have been close, much closer than 1.22AU. The descriptions in the historical accounts and the observations from Herschel and the astronomers of the day are all that's available...

well, for one, there's no book discussing a concentration of earthquakes in any other years, is there?

I have no idea if any such book exists. It is irrelevant. There are statistics for the frequency of earthquakes. Compare the numbers in the period claimed with other periods. As you are unwilling to do this, we can just dismiss the claim.

after a google search, no, no peer reviewed papers on the physics from the close passing of a comet and/or a serial impact but, as I am sure you are aware, that doesn't mean that there wouldn't be physics involved, that should be a given?

So there is no mechanism and therefore no reason to think there is any such effect.

My "claim" is that C/1811 F1 was seen as one and a half times the size of the Sun in October 1811. That should give strong indication that it must have been close, much closer than 1.22AU.

Apparent size tells you nothing about distance unless you also know the actual size. Also, was that the size of the comet or its tail?

And please show how you calculated 1.22AU.

Yes, and what occurred when Shoemaker/Levy got to close to Jupiter?

...again there were no seismographs, no Richter scale. I don't just claim a concentration, they are all recorded in history books. Please read just the chapter 14, of "Travels to the equinoctial regions of America".

There's plenty physics behind an impact and even one from the close passing of a comet, [again Shoemaker/Levy]

Yes, how did 'they" determine the distance? by description only and it was seen as fifty percent larger than the Sun. So how did "they" find orbital elements at a later time?- precision guesswork?

mmm. wonder what the weather was like on Jupiter when Shoemaker/Levy broke apart and impacted? Ya' think it may have affected it? There's physics behind any motion...

"The Messenger" is from New York and is from the accounts of William L. Pierce, who was in New Orleans, [in the northern hemisphere].

The people who gave the description of the extreme heat were up in "Big Prairie" 761 miles up the Mississippi river... [also in the northern hemisphere and near to the impact] As the article was written in Feb. 1812, the incident was recorded on December 25, 1811 and is about what was seen from the 16th to the 19th of December, 1811...

so what produced such extremes in temperatures?

You're the one that mentioned Southern Hemisphere in the same paragraph. Anyway, what's the record high for that area in December? Was it in 1811?

I reiterate, all you have shown is coincidence. The burden of proof is yours. You claim this gravity was disruptive, so let's see a calculation of what the gravitational influence was.

The Moon is not disruptive to Earth's orbit, they are in sync, [after several collisions, terraforming and finding a better harmonic balance...]

And yet the moon causes tides (but not earthquakes).

Comets do not cause tides or earthquakes.

I recall seeing the images of several years ago.

after a google search,

Well, I Googled "Kalopin's Legacy, 1811: A comet and a Quake" and found ten pages of sites related to it going back to at least 2011.

Your original images look very similar to these on Dr. Jack Share's excellent blog;

http://written-in-stone-seen-through-my-lens.blogspot.com/ (This link is incorrect for following image. Please see post #25 for correction)

post-88603-0-09428600-1450654971_thumb.png

Edited by arc

I recall seeing the images of several years ago.

Well, I Googled "Kalopin's Legacy, 1811: A comet and a Quake" and found ten pages of sites related to it going back to at least 2011.

Your original images look very similar to these on Dr. Jack Share's excellent blog;

http://written-in-stone-seen-through-my-lens.blogspot.com/

Your link does not go to a relevant page. Nor does "Kalopin" show up in that blog when I use its search function. Where do those images show up?

Your link does not go to a relevant page. Nor does "Kalopin" show up in that blog when I use its search function. Where do those images show up

Sorry about that, I had too many pages open :doh:"Kalopin's Legacy, 1811: A comet and a Quake" was just a separate search I did to find his online history.

I did a separate search for; "what is this red sandy breccia" in images that resulted in - https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+this+red+sandy+breccia&espv=2&biw=1242&bih=585&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiU9buNx-vJAhWmkKYKHayqDOQQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1.1

where I found this image after clicking "more images";

post-88603-0-34378500-1450657581.jpg

from Dr. Jack Share's blog page;

http://written-in-stone-seen-through-my-lens.blogspot.com/2015_01_01_archive.html

where you will find the image;

post-88603-0-11361300-1450657829_thumb.png