Windows 2000 ?

klanger

I have just been upgraded with a newer system at work. I went from using Lotus software on Win98, which was a real pain in the bum, to now using MS Word on Win 2000.

Now whilst the 2000 edition is pretty similar to the system I use here 98SE I am having difficulties with one thing and need some advice on how to go about changing something.

On my previous system and indeed my home one, when I go to print something I have the option to increase the number of copies from 1 to what ever I need, and the printer duely prints my required number of copies. On my newer system at work however, the option to increase the number is still there but no matter how many copies I ask for it only prints 1. When I check the print section again, it has automatically defaulted back to 1 copy.

When I tried looking at the various options within the print section my boss threw a dickie fit and told me never to do that as I may break the system!!!! :eek: lol she is old so I guess I can forgive her that thought process, and her solution to me was to just then take the 1 copy printed and go find the photocopier and copy it as many times as I needed. Kinda like doing a word document and then writing it out by hand in my books lol.

There must be a setting within the print section of my system that has a default of 1 copy set in place, can anyone here tell me where it is or how I get to that information if its elsewhere within the system to change it, BTW all other workstations on the network are allowed to print numerous copies so I really dont think it is a glitche within the network printer itself or the network printer settings. (could be wrong there, dunno)

And of course I will wait for a meeting or a day off by her to do the necessary evil deed :D

This sounds more like a driver problem to me. It's not that there aren't any options to increase the number of copies, but rather your printer is not responding to the request. As Windows98 and Windows2000 use completely different kernels, you will probably need that. If that isn't the problem, then I really have no idea. Computers are just like that. >.<

her solution to me was to just then take the 1 copy printed and go find the photocopier and copy it as many times as I needed.
I'll bet this was the intention. Photocopier toner is cheaper than printer cartridges in most cases. They are being frugal.