Nutritional diet plan?

ThinkingMind

I have a job working 10 hours at a warehouse and I am starving all the time. Which I am usually starving and have issues regulating my weight. When I dont eat enough I gain weight, which is irritating. I trying to figure out a good diet that has enough fat and protein where I dont get hungry but has enough roughage to maintain a healthy weight an regularity. Right now I am 115 pounds and 5,1. I trying to also gain some muscle which I dont seem to ever get, I just lose weight. How do you set up a decent diet plan?

Lean protein like lots of eggs and fish, plus green leafy vegetables in large quantities. Supplement that with a bit of wild and/or brown rice and whole grains and you've got the basics and can go from there. As for work, knock back a hard boiled egg or two mid-shift and it will help (warning: may result in flatulance).

Disclaimer: We just had In-N-Out burgers (double-double animal style, plus fries also animaled) at my house and I'm enjoying a cold beer at the moment. I'm not exactly practicing what I'm preaching, but my answer still ought to be largely accurate. :)

I trying to also gain some muscle which I dont seem to ever get, I just lose weight. How do you set up a decent diet plan?

Eggs and Water are a must since eggs tend not to have preservatives added to them. Also organic vegetables. Losing weight takes a long time I know since I was a fat kid. I just took up walking/running and swimming and did exercise that I enjoyed. But if you don't keep it up it won't stay off. Sprinting builds muscle and skipping is good too. Then there's weights but if you're young they aren't recommended.

https://staysharpbestrong.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/sprinter-vs-marathoner.jpg

Edited by fiveworlds

Eggs and Water are a must since eggs tend not to have preservatives added to them.

Butter, cooking oil and sugar don't generally have preservatives added to them, but they are a bad thing to add to a weight loss diet.

Did you realise the bit about preservatives was nonsense?

Butter, cooking oil and sugar don't generally have preservatives added to them, but they are a bad thing to add to a weight loss diet.

What? Sugar is a preservative. Sugar is used as a preservative in jams, cakes etc. Butter has salt added to it and it isn't supposed to be bad in small amounts they were worried about the type of fat in the butter but they were proven wrong. Cooking Oil is also a preservative.

Also there was an article about sausages having so many preservatives now they think eating shop bought ones is worse than smoking.

Edited by fiveworlds

Sugar is a perfectly natural part of our diet.

It's also a preservative.

So your implication that preservatives are bad makes no sense.

"Also there was an article about sausages having so many preservatives now they think eating shop bought ones is worse than smoking. "

There may have been such an article, but it wasn't based on the facts.

Why mention it on a scientific site?

What basis is there for us ever having eaten sugar in the past?? It is still relatively new. We get natural sugars from fruit etc. Whereas the sugar we put on our breakfast is refined sugar. Too much sugar leads to diabetes and obesity.

Do you think that the sugar we put on our breakfast cereal is made from oil or something? It's all essentially the same stuff.

You have answered your won question about us eating sugar in the past. It is, as you say, present in fruit etc.

Too much of anything is bad for you.

Why did you say "Eggs and Water are a must since eggs tend not to have preservatives added to them. "?

It makes no real sense.

So your implication that preservatives are bad makes no sense.

"Also there was an article about sausages having so many preservatives now they think eating shop bought ones is worse than smoking. "

There may have been such an article, but it wasn't based on the facts.

Why mention it on a scientific site?

Preserving things in a crap load of sugar is not healthy nor a good idea. Unless you like diabetes in which case keep doing what you are doing.

The point about preservatives is that it is just a compound that minimizes bacterial growth. Depending on the compound and consumed amount it may or may not have negative impact on human health. Which pretty much applies to all food. Thus the blanket statement that preservatives are bad for you is simply wrong. Or at least about as incorrect as stating that fruit is bad for you.

Preserving things in a crap load of sugar is not healthy nor a good idea. Unless you like diabetes in which case keep doing what you are doing.

In the real world, we have been preserving things in sugar (originally in honey) for thousands of years and we don't all have diabetes.

It is, of course, better to eat preserved food than to starve to death.

Did you think you had some sort of point, or was it just that you didn't understand where I wrote that too much of anything is bad for you?

So, to get somewhere back near the point:

Notwithstanding Fiveworlds' strange opinion on preservatives, eggs are fine in moderation, but a little high in fat. They are also pretty much devoid of fibre.

I agree with him about the water being a good thing (as always, in moderation) but not about his reasoning- water commonly contains chlorine as a preservative.

However, the sensible answer is (as usual)

Go and ask your doctor.

In the real world, we have been preserving things in sugar (originally in honey) for thousands of years and we don't all have diabetes.

It is, of course, better to eat preserved food than to starve to death.

Did you think you had some sort of point, or was it just that you didn't understand where I wrote that too much of anything is bad for you?

So, to get somewhere back near the point:

Notwithstanding Fiveworlds' strange opinion on preservatives, eggs are fine in moderation, but a little high in fat. They are also pretty much devoid of fibre.

I agree with him about the water being a good thing (as always, in moderation) but not about his reasoning- water commonly contains chlorine as a preservative.

However, the sensible answer is (as usual)

Go and ask your doctor.

Yes, but saying we should coat everything in sugar is not a good idea. Nore does everything need to be preserved and a lot of things use salt as a preservative not sugar. Also if you can have fresh food why eat food with nothing but preservatives?

Edited by ThinkingMind

Yes, but saying we should coat everything in sugar is not a good idea. Nore does everything need to be preserved and a lot of things use salt as a preservative not sugar. Also if you can have fresh food why eat food with nothing but preservatives?

Did you realise that nobody had suggested anything like those three ideas?

They are allstraw men and that's not a big or clever thing to do.