The Upside of Climate Change

puppypower

• 1 month later...

I'm actually in the process of writing a novel about a government cover-up regarding the whole Global Warming thing. My basic plot is that Uncle has known that gw is not only real but is already unstoppable before it reaches apocalyptic levels. So it has perpetrated a massive coverup that entails forcing all our media weather reporters and even NOAA to report fake temps. The Gov had also forced manufacturers of thermometers to alter them so they don't read quite as hot.

Anyway, as far as beneficiaries of the Warming Trend I recall reading last month about how Russia stands to benefit mightily if the trend continues. It's because of the melting of the permafrost in Siberia, which will allow for easier access to that regions wealth of underground materials, ores, oil, gas, etc. This thaw has in fact already began, as I recall. And Putin is giving up the heavy equipment and mining teams.

• 11 months later...
On 25/03/2017 at 9:47 AM, Velocity_Boy said:

I'm actually in the process of writing a novel about a government cover-up regarding the whole Global Warming thing. My basic plot is that Uncle has known that gw is not only real but is already unstoppable before it reaches apocalyptic levels. So it has perpetrated a massive coverup that entails forcing all our media weather reporters and even NOAA to report fake temps. The Gov had also forced manufacturers of thermometers to alter them so they don't read quite as hot.

I think that is an excellent idea. Please tell us how it goes and good luck with it.

• 2 months later...

One needn't bloom any further than our good buddies in Russia for an example of how climate change can be a grand thing!

Seems that, if this current warning trend continues, the permafrost on that fast frozen tundra to their East and into Siberia via gonna thaw faster than a snow cone on a Phoenix sidewalk. Thus freeing up a literal mega fortune in minerals and fuels and ores that were once much too difficult to extract.

• 2 months later...