How many photos do you have on your phone?

playground

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Quark!

Do the 650+ pictures on my phone answer your question? I’ve never heard of the expression “photo messy” before, makes sense though :). Sometimes I transfer hundreds of them to my computer, but time’s always too precious to look them all through (if you know what I mean)… I bet our community is much larger than you think, maybe we’re just not proper connected yet!

Six.

I use a Windows phone so I have a picture of each of my five immediate family members associated with their phone numbers.

Plus a picture of my two cats for my home phone ( landline ), but they never answer when I call home.

@John Cuthber: you have just ONE photo on your phone? Regarding to your camera, are you a professional photographer or something like that?

@MigL: surely I won’t call you a photo messi either :) And maybe you should train your cats a little harder, one day they’ll have to learn to answer the phone properly – just in case of an emergency!

I really only have one picture on my phone. I took it while I was on a brief holiday- intending to send it to someone. I'm not sure that worked

It's not a "smart" phone.

http://www.doro.co.uk/doro-phoneeasy-607.html

My old 'phone died; I went into a shop and asked "what 'phone can I buy and walk out of here with?"

The camera is a Fuji XP something-or-other. I previously has an Olympus something.

I'm not a professional photographer, but I am a Union representative. I'm legally entitled to gather evidence...

Also, I like to have a camera with me. Have you ever found yourself thinking "Drat!; I wish I had a camera"?

Edited by John Cuthber

I take photos with either of my two Nikon DSLRs. Small CMOS imagers suck ( large number of pixels are noise ).

Tried to train my cats to open the door when I lock myself out of the house. All they do is stare at me on the outside, banging on the door.

Probably wondering if I've gone nuts.

Well, noise has getting better in the last years, and for some the optics start to become the bottleneck. I would probably not want to take anything smaller than a micro four third at this point. I do prefer the flexibility and portability of mirrorless, though. Zero photos on the cellphone (unless I forgot to delete a photo of a receipt I took years ago).

@John Cuthber: Your choice of phone explains a lot :) And of course I’d rather have a proper camera with me, but I already got 2 advices to carry all the time, anything more would certainly complicate things for me. By the way, are you happy with your Fuji XP?

@MigL: I had a non-digital Nikon once (I wonder what happened to it…). Looks like your cats got better things to do LOL.

@playground: the only useful photo apps I know are QuickPic and Rat Pack Challenge (both Android), you may take a look at them…

Do not know both of them, can you sum up for me what they are actually doing, better than just downloading them for me? Would be nice ...

What, I am envious, I don't earn any analogue anymore, long time ago it broke, then I just clinged to my phone, nothing more - but well as i can see its more than enough, at the moment I have ... like thousands of pics there, photomaniac I guess!

Quickpic is kind of a gallery manager. You can thumbnail your pictures there, but also sort, copy, delete, crop or enlarge them. The Rat Pack Challenge on the other hand is more a game to sort out massive loads of files (not just photos) on your device. In my opinion it’s good fun :)

Both applications are for free so there should not be any financial risk here...

• 4 weeks later...

Just download and try it. As I said, there is no financial risk at all. Trust me it's a lot of fun. By deleting your pictures, you get prizes and make the little hamster happy, after you sorted out enough photos. With the little nuggets and diamonds, you get, you can choose Hall of Fame pictures and share them with your friends on Facebook for example. I also use the app in other ways besides getting more disk space on my phone. On their facebook page they recommended to take pictures of the things you want to buy with the money you got for Christmas and then sort out which ones you want less. I think that's also a very usefull purpose to make use of the app. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I have thousands of photos on my phone too ;) I never think about sorting them out and normally it doesn’t bother me until my phone requests deleting due to a lack of memory cell… I guess I will download such an app either, to finally get rid of unnecessary photos (like my aunties new bed-linen – sent on whats app and automatically stored!)

• 6 months later...