Can you remove ALL the electrons?

losfomot

It is possible to remove all the electrons on the smalllll scale i think they do even exist in space naturally. To remove all the electrons from a whole piece of metal though i dont know. If i had to guess though i would say it could be done (Im pretty sure ive seen pics of gold in atom smashers and they remove all the electrons for that). Its easyer to do with atoms with smaller nucleus because as you remove the electrons the resultant electrons are less atracted to the nucleus. I mean its quite easy to take all the electrons of hydrogen happens all the time aluminium is another matter though.

~Scott

My physics college professor once stated that if you took someone and were able to force a mere 1% more electrons into thier body than they normal have, that the repulsive force of the electrons would cause this unlucky person to fly apart.

The converse is also true. If you took away all of the negative charges, again the positively charged nucleuses would repel each other and you'd no longer have a solid. You'd have cloud of positively charged particles trying to get away from each other, or a plasma.

My physics college professor once stated that if you took someone and were able to force a mere 1% more electrons into thier body than they normal have, that the repulsive force of the electrons would cause this unlucky person to fly apart.

I'm feeling an interesting experiment coming on...

Hmmm, so its conceivable that, if a person were to have all their surface electrons stripped from them, said person might appear to spontaneously combust? (just a thought that came to me)

Is it possible to create a negative charge without the involvement of electrons (or muons or tauons)?

It takes energy to strip away the electrons. Heat a gas to over 6000 degrees and THEN it will send off its electrons and start being a giant cloud of ionized gas.

Yes it is possible to create a negative charge without electrons or muons or tauons. Antiprotons :D .