4D Thought Experiament

ThinkingAtoms

What would one expect to see if they were inside of a 3D object that was slowly turning into a 4D object? This is a little broad I am aware. But to be honest I wasn't really sure where to start on this one. The reason I want to put this out there is that the more I grasp some of the theoretical side of science and the maths, I'm starting to see a trend to the possible max speed of causality and the number of dimensions. This brought me to what if Dark energy is an energy that slow's Causality by increasing the dimension count. Please let me know how wrong I am but remember the original point of the thread.

We are 3d beings in a 3d datum universe - we would see the 3d cross-section of the 4d object. For instance (and dropping dimensions by one) if a 2d being was to look at a 3d object in his 2d universe; a cone would appear as either a circle, an elipse, a parabola or a hyperbola, or a point - it would slowly moved from one to the other as the object moved. There is probably a simulation of what a tesseract would look like in 3d on the internet - rendered in, of course, a 2d video

do you have any idea or guess as to what a 4d plane would look like to us? we will say a 4d sphere or would it just be indistinguishable from a 3d sphere to us?

We are 3d beings in a 3d datum universe - we would see the 3d cross-section of the 4d object. For instance (and dropping dimensions by one) if a 2d being was to look at a 3d object in his 2d universe; a cone would appear as either a circle, an elipse, a parabola or a hyperbola, or a point - it would slowly moved from one to the other as the object moved. There is probably a simulation of what a tesseract would look like in 3d on the internet - rendered in, of course, a 2d video

do you have any idea or guess as to what a 4d plane would look like to us? we will say a 4d sphere or would it just be indistinguishable from a 3d sphere to us?

Since the 4th dimension is time, a 4D sphere is a sphere moving.

-----------------

And not even.

A 3D sphere simply existing is a 4D object. No motion required.

I think it is incomprehensible to us - each "facet" of a tesseract rubik's cube (4 dimensional hypercube) would be a 3x3x3 normal cube; can you see how a "facet" can have six coloured faces in a cube like arrangement rather than the 4 edged square we see as a facet; can you imagine a cross section (which we see as an area) as a volume? There are loads of implementations of 4d on the web - and they allow a brief and vague understanding of some of the relations (ie how many 2d faces meet at a vertex etc) but there is no real understanding as we are not equipped for it.

A 4d sphere might be a special case as the 3d shadow of a 4d sphere is I THINK also a sphere (or maybe a ball) - but a 4d person could go from the outside of the 3d representtion to the inside of the 3d representation without crossing the surface; and that just fries your brain. Draw a circle on a sheet of paper whilst the pen remains down on the paper you cannot get to the outside of the circle without crossing the line; but we can lift the pen off the paper and put it back down outside the circle. 4d beings could do the same inside to outside of a 3d balloon