why i'm a christian

phillip1882

I thought you said you were a Christian.

When did I say that ?

I'm just an argumentative person.

For the sake of argument I think 'were' is the operative term here, being past tense and all. ;)

I'm not a religious person by any stretch although I've had almost all Catholic sacraments ( except marriage and last rites of course ).

...And although the comparison is extremely simplistic, if I had to be religious, its clear to me which I'd favour.

As to the OP, I'm not a Christian because in some similar manner to Mig, I were one. Nothing like actually reading the Bible and its competitors to help one realize it's all more-or-less piles of dooky. :P

Edited by Acme

How come no-one disagreed with the 'argumentative person' part of the statement ?

Now I see how it is !

Now if only you can remember how it is. :P

Edit: Erhm...to give some impression of staying on topic, it isn't Christian. :D

Edited by Acme

so, on my 31'st birthday i tried to commit suicide. i survived, but after which over the course of the next 3 months i had a bizzare set of experances, that let me to believe that there is a supernatural element to the universe. i can't prove this of couse, all i have is alot of allegation about my experiances, but it is enough to make me believe. i chose christainty admitedy becuase it's what i grew up with. had i beem born in the middle east i'd probalby would consider myself muslim.

but regardless, i truly believe that there is an element beyond what science can explain.

And how has that been for you? Are you happy with your choice?

• 2 weeks later...

Um..... well........... *&*(%*!!! Why exactly can't people grasp that there is such a thing as Schrodinger's cat which means that the world of the Quantum state (Maybe-world) exists which means that we don't know jack ** about the universe because we can't even prove 1+1=2 because 1 is a representation of exactness in an inexact universe...... I mean come on! Don't beat up on him just because he believes in something, because if we can't even prove that the coffee I'm drinking isn't just a figment of my imagination then I hardly think we're fit to provide any advice for someone who almost KILLED himself over his personal problems and found comfort in a religion. If we burst that bubble and he kills himself that blood is on OUR hands.

Um..... well........... *&*(%*!!! Why exactly can't people grasp that there is such a thing as Schrodinger's cat which means that the world of the Quantum state (Maybe-world) exists which means that we don't know jack ** about the universe because we can't even prove 1+1=2 because 1 is a representation of exactness in an inexact universe...... I mean come on! Don't beat up on him just because he believes in something, because if we can't even prove that the coffee I'm drinking isn't just a figment of my imagination then I hardly think we're fit to provide any advice for someone who almost KILLED himself over his personal problems and found comfort in a religion. If we burst that bubble and he kills himself that blood is on OUR hands.

BTW Phillip..... You might wanna get help if you are or were suicidal..... Just saying....

You should still know better than to try a strawman like that; it sill just makes you look silly.

OK fine, disprove this statement, "This sentence is false." Because you don't necessarily know whether or not the sentence is or is not false because you don't know what exactly it is referring to you cannot prove or disprove it entirely, just as my earlier conjecture. Even theories which are "Disproven and refuted" are never truly disproven or refuted because we can never truly prove them false, only in out eyes can they be false. But if there are no eyes or mouths to say it's false then it isn't really false is it, because it can apply and not apply at the same time. Just like a crazy Austrian Monk's experiment with a cat..... :cool:

OK fine, disprove this statement, "This sentence is false." Because you don't necessarily know whether or not the sentence is or is not false because you don't know what exactly it is referring to you cannot prove or disprove it entirely, just as my earlier conjecture. Even theories which are "Disproven and refuted" are never truly disproven or refuted because we can never truly prove them false, only in out eyes can they be false. But if there are no eyes or mouths to say it's false then it isn't really false is it, because it can apply and not apply at the same time. Just like a crazy Austrian Monk's experiment with a cat..... :cool:

Bolded mine.

So you think ‘phlogiston’ is possible?

Also can you explain an "out eye"?