New discrete theory

ensea2004

Well it seems to me that the paper contains a self contradiction since in the opening discussion it restricts the scope of the theory to rational numbers, but then goes on to discuss Euclidian norms, which use the square root.

Can you throw any light on this?

Second, I found that the idea resolve the measurement problem in quantum mechanis

By this I assume you mean the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, which is inherent in the pure mathematics of the operators involved and does not really present a problem.

There is no contradiction because it used with D^4.

I don't follow.

For heisenburg principale, I don't have any idea but, it's possible to discover onther form of this principale.

Yes, Heisenberg's application is not the only application of the uncertainty principle.

Its effects are normally insignificant in the macro world (larger than atoms).

He was the first to apply it to the micro sub atomic world where it is hugely significant.

Do you understand where it comes from?

Once you see the connection between the mathematics and the real world it really is very simple and beautiful.

Does he present any evidence for this?

It's a hypothesis. I think Loop Quantum Gravity use a discrete space and time.

Can you explain how.

Because the theory use a well definited states for all noktons. The probability of displacements forces us to take all possible paths.

I don't follow.

k -x ( i,t, Γ ) = .... /D(i,j,t, Γ ) 4

It doesn't matter.

it does if you don't want to get the article from that specific link in the op, which i don't. the title of the paper would be good enough as i could look into other places to read it.

i don't disagree with the rest of what you've posted.

Edited by andrewcellini

Why does this not contradict this definition

Let be a number between 1 and 3. If this number is rational, then we can present
it accurately using a finite number of bits (bits of information). If instead it is
irrational as p= sqrt(2) then it is impossible to present it with a finite number of bits.

Further if there are only a finite number of noktons how can intermediate and in particular irrational values of measure be achieved?

Edit spelling.

Edited by studiot

I wouldn't place any faith in this theory. For one thing his paper shows zero correlations to known formulas for comparison. Searches on it didn't reveal a single peer review.

There is also zero correlations to the applicable symmetry groups such as SO(3), SO(2) and U(1).

Besides anyone claiming a theory of everything in a mere 18 pages should raise a red flag.

Edited by Mordred

What suprises me is that having been told there is a body of mathematics that develops a much more general situation than the over-restricted mathematics presented in the paper, you are not interested.

I have not checked that the Schwarz inequality will lead to the paper's results but they look similar.

What suprises me is that having been told there is a body of mathematics that develops a much more general situation than the over-restricted mathematics presented in the paper, you are not interested.

Can you explain more.

I have not checked that the Schwarz inequality will lead to the paper's results but they look similar.

Where ?