Have you even wondered who decides what the classics are and how they dont change?

Lyudmilascience

Have you ever wonder why people decide to read the Odyssey and to kill a mocking bird as the schools literary cannon and it never changes, kids 10 years ago read the same books as we do today in schools? Who decides what goes into a literary requirement in schools and how educated are those people? I feel like it should change people should analyze different books new books and think about having them as a requirement because peoples values change and people. The bible was written so long ago and I feel like people dont question the things in it and thats whats probably going on with this too. I think people trust the people who decided this a long time ago and everyone after goes with it.Thoes books that i read in school were so violent I would think and they kind of glorifies violence to protect pride, they are also very misogynist. Wouldnt this stop womens rights from progressing?

In the US these reading lists are submitted by teachers and approved or not by school principals and/or school boards. Moreover, the required readings are often challenged by students or parents and subject to review. As to why certain books are recommended I think you would have to ask the individuals who recommend them and I expect their answers would be quite variable.

In every country list of books is different.

Local language book writers in different countries will be on the list.

Ancient Greek's books are common for European countries (for at least 2000 years), as common basement of culture, architecture, mathematics, philosophy etc.

Edited by Sensei

oh cool I wish we had more books that deal with feminism is the awakening written by Kate Chopin ? I am interested in reading it. so I guess if principles approve the books every school would have different books.I would have thought the country's education board would require the whole country to read the same books and the district could add on any books they wanted.

oh cool I wish we had more books that deal with feminism is the awakening written by Kate Chopin ? I am interested in reading it. so I guess if principles approve the books every school would have different books. I would have thought the country's education board would require the whole country to read the same books and the district could add on any books they wanted.

Erhm...it's 'principals', not 'principles'. Yes; every school may have different books. There is no national education board in the US that decides required reading lists.