• 150 or higher (how high?)
    • approximately that of a household sponge
    • Never Measured

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on which IQ test I take.

I do not think they are accurate, reliable or represent anything useful.

There are a few threads on this... use the search button at the top.

Do you actually believe IQ correlates with intelligence?
Yes. Broadly. I don't believe we have a good handle on the impact of cultural and educational differences.

And, to state the obvious, while success also varies with intelligence it is not the only, nor necessarily the most important factor at work.

Also, how do you think you'd score on one to ten in regards to social prowess?
Around a five, unless I'm trying, when I hit nine with ease: I know the rules, I just don't like the game.

That's interesting. My experience is the reverse. On an age adjusted test when I was eleven I scored 108. As part of a work related battery of tests when I was 28/29 I got in the low 140s. I don't believe I got smarter, I think I got motivated.

133-137, depending on test. I wish it were higher so I could be in Mensa. Then I could mingle with the elites and bask in my own glow of IQ vanity. :embarass::P

To me, IQ is to intelligence as phi (golden mean) is to beauty. Each relationship does bear a moderately high correlation, but that doesn't explain it all entirely. Intelligence, like beauty, can not be quantified, only estimated based on preexisting assumptions which by their own nature are not complete, nor static.

IQ tests also do not test a whole variety of other types of intelligences that factor into one's success and happiness in life. Social consciousness, leadership skills, meticulousness, punctuality, sense of humor and comedic timing, creativity, fine motor skills, etc are not tested well using traditional IQ tests, but I would argue factor greatly into one's success.

I think that there are too many different types of inteligent.

e.g. I might be good at physics but that doesnt mean I can answer the logical questions quickly in an IQ test, so am I not inteligent?

IQ tests test a very specific kinda question, you need to be quick, normally good at maths, logically thinking and also it just depends on the questions!

I find the results far too variant to be classified as reliable, and inteligence at one thing doesn't mean inteligence in another, so you could fail an IQ test and be good at something else and vice versa.

iv scored anywhere between 108 - 152, most of the online tests are very unreliable.

i think theres also a CSQ (common sense quota), which is usullly inversly related to your IQ. having a higher IQ definately squeezes some other stuff out of your brain. the amount of intelligent people that i know who are idiots...

"congratulations: your IQ is 152. that makes you a genius, in the top 0.4% of the population of the world! for a laminated certificate proving your IQ to be 152, which you can proudly display in your living room where everyone can see, send $45 to..."

Just doin' a little research based on curiosity. Do you actually believe IQ correlates with intelligence? Or do you think it's all crap. Also, how do you think you'd score on one to ten in regards to social prowess?

I've had several IQ tests (by psycologists) over the years, and I don't put much by what results they give you, there are lots of different types and they all give different scores to each different person. Although when the same test is used it shouldn't change through out your life.

As I understand it IQ is supposed to = something like mental age/actual age *100

Mine has consistantly come out over 150 but like I said I don't belive in them, you can trick them etc... And I have common sence but I know alot of "clever" people who don't...

As I understand it IQ is supposed to = something like mental age/actual age *100

so:

IQ = mental age / actual age * 100

and for me (approx):

140 = mental age / 15 * 100

140 = mental age / 1500

therefore:

mental age = 140 * 1500

mental age = 210,000

That can't be right!!!

I've actually had an "official" IQ test, like by a person trained to administer them, back when I was around 7 or so. Ironicly, I don't actually know my IQ.

See, my sister and I got tested at the same time, and my mom had the foresight to KNOW that whichever scored higher would tease the other mercilessly. But we wanted to know, and wouldn't stop pestering her. So she did something *really* cunning: she told us both of the scores, but not who they belonged to.

The scores were 163 and 166, and I'm betting the test has a margin on error of over 3 points. Still, you know how kids are. Hell, we argued because her month of birth (jan) had more days than mine (sept).

Not like it matters much anyway. It's not the size of your brain, it's how you use it! or was that something else... ;)

Mokele

193, I`ve not used an online test though, mine was taken by MESA as a supervised test at Aston Uni.

I declined their writen offer to join them also.

as for Social prowess... how does one gauge that??

btw, I swore I`de never tell anyone my results, but since it was 15 years ago, WHO CARES anymore, I don`t :)

I`m probably "household Furniture" catagory now ;p

edit: seriously IQ does decline with age, I`m not making excuses.

193' date=' I`ve not used an online test though, mine was taken by MESA as a supervised test at Aston Uni.

I declined their writen offer to join them also.

edit: seriously IQ does decline with age, I`m not making excuses.[/quote']

It appears so does memory eh YT.

only kiddin:-) from the man who hasnt passed 140 yet."i hate them color circle triangle upside down/inside out thingys