Humans are Becoming Genetically Less Intelligent

Why are you getting involved where this does not involve you?
The phrase public forum springs to mind. If you could try to moderate your self righteous pretentiousness you might not generate so many reactions. Just a thought....:)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The phrase public forum[/i'] springs to mind. If you could try to moderate your self righteous pretentiousness you might not generate so many reactions. Just a thought....:)

No, you're just mad because I have proved you wrong and you are unhappy to acknowledge it as if for some reason I am going to shove in your face, "I told you so! I am right and you're wrong! YAY." No, I am more mature than that and you don't deserve that--nobody deserves that, no matter what they've done.

And I don't appreciate being sent personal messages of people who say that the question, "Let me ask you why you think this" does not mean "I want to know why you think this", and then telling me to "read the English" and "stop playing dumb". Stop trying to make me out to be a fool and trying to dillude my understanding with your lies and illusions. Besides, calbiterol seems to clearly agree with me in this instance. If you hate me so much, put me on ignore. There's no reason for you to go around with some sort of chip on your shoulder, attempting to make me look bad because of some sort of insecure agenda you may have.

When did you prove me wrong?

Do you know what the "personal" in "personal message" means?

If you are going to quote from a pm do so accurately and in context.

Let us desist from inflicting this on other forum members.

Finally, I don't hate you, I don't dislike you, I am not angry at you. I suppose if I valued your opinion I might be offended by you, but stop projecting your own emotions onto others..

Now, goodnight!

When did you prove me wrong?

Do you know what the "personal" in "personal message" means?

If you are going to quote from a pm do so accurately and in context.

Let us desist from inflicting this on other forum members.

Finally' date=' I don't hate you, I don't dislike you, I am not angry at you. I suppose if I valued your opinion I might be offended by you, but stop projecting your own emotions onto others..

Now, goodnight![/quote']

Isn't it you who came into this thread and project YOUR emotions onto me? Please, quit with hypocrisy!

And, anyhow, do you suppose it's wrong to take two quotes from a personal message, which is relevant to your condescending and harrassing agenda, and point them out publicly? If so, I'd suggest you stop harrassing me then, because I find it a little sneaky and crafty for you to go degrading and attempting to make someone out to be a bad guy publicly, and then go behind closed doors and start showing true colors--and then when someone attempts to defend their self and make the truth known, you now attempt to even more cunningly burden me by making feel as if I've done something wrong and offended you for speaking to you publicly.

I'm with Ophiolite on this, and one step farther: Christ slave, stop wasting everyones time with your useless, self-righteous drivel. Typically, I just scroll past them, but when you start quoting Ophi out of context and making baseless claims about somehow "proving her wrong" (which I highly doubt, on the basis of her actually knowing what she's talking about, unlike yourself), I'm going to stick my nose in as more than a simple gadfly.

Oh, and since you are unaware of basic internet etiquette, I'll clue you in: It is considered the *height* of bad manners to bring private communications into public without express consent of all involve. I may be mean and harsh, but I've never stooped that low. Evidently it's not below you, though.

Mokele

Or' date=' are you just particularly unhealthily interested in conflicts and like to nose-in where you don't belong?[/quote']

'Where i don't belong?', you do understand that this is a public discussion forum don't you?'

My "Indeed?" response should have most likely ended such coversations as we came to a conclusion, and yet here you come, waltzing in and setting fire to my cabin.

'setting fire to my cabin' a bit melodramatic. All i requested was a straight answer to a simple question.

Incidentally, i'm still waiting for that answer.

Ophiliote: please stop starting childish arguments. Christ slave: if you stop responding' date=' he most likely will too. Everyone else: please don't feed the trolls.

Thanks in advance,

Calbit[/quote']

Calbit. Ophiliote is a well respected member of this forum. Everyone here knows he is not a troll.

It is Christ slave who needs to touch up his understanding of good behaviour in public forums, not Ophiliote.

Calbit. Ophiliote is a well respected member of this forum. Everyone here knows he is not a troll.

It is Christ slave who needs to touch up his understanding of good behaviour in public forums' date=' not Ophiliote.[/quote']

You are obviously one of those people who claim a whore is a whore for life then, aren't you? Where's the scarlet-lettering?

Moreover, when Ophi comes at me and harrasses me, acting like I am an idiot, acting like I have an agenda, acting like I'm playing stupid, etc. because his/her question was somehow NOT what the question actually had read, I don't find that respectful at all. As such, the several PMs I received from Ophi has led me to assume Ophi a troll, or just simply upset with me and trying to drag me through the mud (but, then again, several people here seem to keep doing this, including Mokele who now appears to be following me around from thread-to-thread and insisting to others that I am some grumbler who people should stop wasting their time on).

I don't know where you people come from, but where I come from, we call that stalking and harrassment. You don't see me following anyone around with an agenda, bad-mouthing them and attempting to put them in tight situations where they're burdened to keep their good name alive.

Is that how people on the SF forums do it? You don't like someone so you call them witches and burn them alive?

You are obviously one of those people who claim a whore is a whore for life then, aren't you? Where's the scarlet-lettering?

Ah yes.

Obviously.

Moreover, when Ophi comes at me and harrasses me, acting like I am an idiot, acting like I have an agenda, acting like I'm playing stupid, etc. because his/her question was somehow NOT what the question actually had read, I don't find that respectful at all

This is a public discussion forum. People present ideas and argue about them. It's a matter of robust dialogue.

As such, the several PMs I received from Ophi has led me to assume Ophi a troll, or just simply upset with me and trying to drag me through the mud (but, then again, several people here seem to keep doing this, including Mokele who now appears to be following me around from thread-to-thread and insisting to others that I am some grumbler who people should stop wasting their time on).

It's a public discussion forum. If you post here people will discuss your posts. If you are unwilling to deal with criticism and to defend your ideas this is probably a bad place for you to come to.

I don't know where you people come from, but where I come from, we call that stalking and harrassment.

Discussing posts on a discussion forum is 'stalking and harrassment'?

If you make posts on a public discussion forum you are explictly accepting that other people will comment and argue.

You don't see me following anyone around with an agenda, bad-mouthing them and attempting to put them in tight situations where they're burdened to keep their good name alive.

All you have to do is answer questions and back up opinions with reason, logic and evidence.

Is that how people on the SF forums do it? You don't like someone so you call them witches and burn them alive?

I hadn't noticed any witch naming or burning alive.

Have i missed anything? That sounds like fun.

Ah yes. Obviously.

Lol, okay.

This is a public discussion forum. People present ideas and argue about them. It's a matter of robust dialogue.

Yes, but Ophi said, "let me ask you why", and then harrassed and attempted to dillude me for my thinking that the question "last me ask you why" meant "last me ask you why"...and then all the while refused to admit he/she was wrong, and so comes into this thread, like you too Aardvark, and gets involved in conflicts.

It's a public discussion forum. If you post here people will discuss your posts. If you are unwilling to deal with criticism and to defend your ideas this is probably a bad place for you to come to.

Public or not, common courtesy, respect, and rules still apply. Moreover, awaking a hibernating bear is not a good idea. There's a fine line between harrassing and pushing somebody's buttons and simply criticizing (especially when there are people who have been on these forums for quite some time and have formed acquaintenships).

It is all find and dandy if you like someone, but don't use this as an excuse to claim you have no human error or faults of you own. Even Atlantis fell, and as such faults still continue to this day. If we all bowed down immediately and accepted a gangs' testimony over an old woman who claims they robbed her, we'd be very shameful people. So, the testimony of upset hellians likewise does not license the right to go weeding out anyone that challenges or upsets them. You may not realize it, but gangs did not form with the intent to be society's suspect--but, as time went on, things kind came about that way, because gangs began to think that they could make their own rules. Likewise, people may not realize it, but using a public forum to harrass others and stand up where they don't belong is indeed as troubling and initiative of wrong as many gangs.

Putting me on the outskirts to defend myself where a discussion has been put to rest and where one has not been involved prior is, indeed, very unvirtuous (whether or not you want to use the excuse that this is a public forum or not). There are indeed many excuses, but excuses don't always warrant a license when you look at them in hindsight. I can go around saying, "Well, I have a license to shoot birds so I shot that bald eagle", but when common sense says not to shoot a rare and endangered species, you better use your common sense. Likewise, Aardvark, I find it hard to believe that you actually think your starting up a debate and conflict where it was unnecessary was the best and ideal thing to do--nor constructive in the least.

Discussing posts on a discussion forum is 'stalking and harrassment'?

Discussion forum or not, you may need a reality check--that is, you need one if you obviously believe that rationalizing everything to justify yourself constitutes the right to anarchy.

If you make posts on a public discussion forum you are explictly accepting that other people will comment and argue.

Indeed, and as such, every single one of us are open to the evaluation of our conduct and character. Be mine poor or not here or somewhere else, your goading the sleeping beast is disrespectful. This being a public arena doesn't cocoon us into non-existence, although we all inately desire to be ghostlike.

All you have to do is answer questions and back up opinions with reason, logic and evidence.

I had answered questions, and when one arose to which I felt it was unreasonable to ask me to answer (such as looking for a listing to a bunch of references to the sense of an overwhelming bombardment of stress accumulated), I made it clear, and when the conflict had come to an almost absolute-zero, your waltzing showed no evidence of an immaculate character.

Quoted for emphasis.

Patience wearing thin.

I thought I had answered his question, and it's very uncreative for people to go around claiming people are slacking off as a means of putting pressure on them. If he honestly has an unanswered question, perhaps he will refresh us to let us know just what he seeks an answer to.

As I believe, even Ophiolite said this in another thread, saying that I have not answered questions, and when I went through and discovered the questions unanswered, they are irrelevant or unimportant, petty questions, like, "How old are you?" As such, perhaps you, Sayonara, should start warning people who go around claiming people are not doing something that doesn't even need to be done. Said, but true, they attempt to make people Cinderella as a means of taking the spotlight off their self.

Once again, complaining about how mean people are and putting words (and, which is worse, intentions) in peoples' mouths, instead of answering a simple question.

Excuse me, but what question would that be then, since you want to go insisting I have a duty? I did make it clear I need refreshed...and yet when you fail to refresh me and continue to paint me out as the bad guy, then yes, don't be at all surprised when someone begins to consider your motivation for speaking.

I never said he is a troll. I said, "stop feeding the trolls." All I meant by that was please stop bickering, it gets nowhere and only accomplishes straining relations. I was attempting to prevent this thread from becoming a neverending argument with nothing to do with its intended subject. I seemed to have failed miserably, even after coming close to success. Seeing as this thread seems to be going nowhere, and is by no means discussing the evolution of stupidity, and has become a vessel for personal vendettas, I request that it is moved or deleted. I think this would be advantageous. Perhaps a moderator could move those posts that are part of this ongoing argument into a different thread in a different section? That way, the original idea could still be discussed. Just a suggestion.

I apologize to anyone I may have offended in the process of attempting to cease an argument.

Calbit

I never said he is a troll. I said' date=' "stop feeding the trolls." All I meant by that was please stop bickering, it gets nowhere and only accomplishes straining relations. I was attempting to prevent this thread from becoming a neverending argument with nothing to do with its intended subject. I seemed to have failed miserably, even after coming close to success. Seeing as this thread seems to be going nowhere, and is by no means discussing the evolution of stupidity, and has become a vessel for personal vendettas, I request that it is moved or deleted. I think this would be advantageous. Perhaps a moderator could move those posts that are part of this ongoing argument into a different thread in a different section? That way, the original idea could still be discussed. Just a suggestion.

I apologize to anyone I may have offended in the process of attempting to cease an argument.

Calbit[/quote']

You've offended not me, unfortunately if someone is wrong, and there are multiple people joining in on that chain-of-wrong, they're more likely to start supporting each other than to simply one by one take responsibility for their actions and quit.

But, to any degree, let us stop. This may have been good for us to get our emotions and character out, but as it stands, the original author may be frustrated with us. And I apologize to that original poster, as well.

Mokele, thanks for the support ....and the sex change. I valued the former and enjoyed the latter.

Whoops! Sorry, I dunno why, but for some reason I'd mentally labeled you as female. Maybe it's the 'lite' part of the name or something. :embarass:

Mokele

Excuse me, but what question would that be then, since you want to go insisting I have a duty?

I haven't actually said anything about duty, have I? Nor have I insisted on anything. I see you strawmanning anyone again and you'll receive a warning.

It would seem to be a monumental waste of time to partake in any activity at all on a public forum if you are not going to use it for its intended purpose, which is discussion. Answering questions in an appropriate fashion is a critical part of discussion, so it's something you might want to work on.

I did make it clear I need refreshed...and yet when you fail to refresh me and continue to paint me out as the bad guy, then yes, don't be at all surprised when someone begins to consider your motivation for speaking.

a) You only "need refreshed" because of your vast off-topic diatribe getting between this post and the pertinent one,

b) It's up there --^ Go read it, you lazy monkey,

c) The fact that you presuppose "motivation" behind every post and leap at every shadow is probably why you aren't received as well as you'd like. Did it ever occur to you that accusing anyone who tries to discuss your posts of being part of some insidious plot against you is not very constructive?

Yes actually, I do. My dad has diabetes, his dad has diabetes, my grandfather on the other side of my family has diabetes.

It seems rather strange that you should characterise your Father and both your Grandfathers as being 'genetically decadent'.

Perhaps you could consider the position that as medicine has make diabetes less of a life threatening condition it is no longer so genetically important. Therefore to characterise people as being 'genetically decadent' for having diabetes is to completely misunderstand the genetic/environmental dynamic.

It seems rather strange that you should characterise your Father and both your Grandfathers as being 'genetically decadent'.

Perhaps you could consider the position that as medicine has make diabetes less of a life threatening condition it is no longer so genetically important. Therefore to characterise people as being 'genetically decadent' for having diabetes is to completely misunderstand the genetic/environmental dynamic.

I was using diabetes as an example. Think of a situation where we suddenly couldn't produce the medicine that is possible today, and how catastrophic that would be to a society where most people depend on them to live.

I was using diabetes as an example. Think of a situation where we suddenly couldn't produce the medicine that is possible today, and how catastrophic that would be to a society where most people depend on them to live.

If you work from that position then the fact that we do not have the skills to survive by hunter gathering comes to the same thing. If society were to collapse to the point where it could no longer produce such things as insulin it would likely have completely collapsed. That would be catastrophic as most people would be unable to survive by gathering their own sustenance.

A person with diabetes is dependent on ociety to survive as they can't naturally manufacture insulin. But a person who can't trap animals and gather herbs with tools made from natural, local materials and build a shelter and preserve and store food and tan and and clothing out of animal skins is similairly dependent on society.

If people can adapt society to solve problems such as diabetes then diabetes is no longer a genetic problem. People having it is no longer a problem needing to be weeded out by natural selection, it has become genetically moot.