World peace and entropy

Superman

I am not sure about the correct placing of this thread in the Politics section and I am not an expert on entropy or many sciences for that matter. I have started to take chemistry and it has started me on the path to learning more about all types of sciences and philosophies. So, this question I ask may be absurd or it may be justifiable. I do not know. I just came here because I figured I would be able to find a logical answer here from people who have thought this out.

The question is: Is world peace possible according to the laws of entropy?

My teacher was talking about world peace and its relation to entropy and I think he said something about how world peace would not be possible. Is world peace plausible according to entropy? I am still learning about entropy so this question may be absurd, but I was wondering if someone here could tell me about it.

This comment stems from your teachers lack of understanding of the law of entropy. Entropy can decrease in any system, because it will be coupled in an increase in entropy in the universe as a whole.

Ask your teacher how life is possible, he'll either say "I don't know" or answer with religion.

• 2 weeks later...