Concerned about my daughter...

She's 37 and lives near Washington. I talk to her on the phone fairly frequently, but don't see her often.

She called me this morning and the conversation started out, "I don't know how to tell you this."

She said she had been having headaches, and they have been getting worse. Yesterday she had vision problems and went to the doctor. He ordered a CT scan of her head. Her doctor called this morning and said there is "an irregularity" in the scan. She is going to have an MRI tomorrow with contrast.

She is scared witless. I am very worried. I'm not really asking a question here - I know I'll just have to sit tight until I hear the results. I don't like this waiting business.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like this waiting business.

waiting is rough

is your business in order so you can fly out if you want

sounds like operating for a brain tumor is a definite possibility

(which doesnt have to be so bad, assuming they caught it early)

keep on truckin' lady

waiting is rough

is your business in order so you can fly out if you want

sounds like operating for a brain tumor is a definite possibility

(which doesnt have to be so bad' date=' assuming they caught it early)

keep on truckin' lady[/quote']

If I have to go, I'll drive. It's between a 3-1/2 to 5 hour drive, depending on when you hit the "mixing bowl" and how bad the traffic around DC is.

Thanks, Martin.

I just lit a candle, which may be very unscientific, but is one of the best things I do in a situation like this. Let me know if there is anything I can do or anyone I can call for you (I have unlimited long-distance in the US and Canada). I'm sending positive thoughts your way, Sandi.

I have a theory;

I am VERY Unlucky, all the teams i support get relegated etc. when i begin to support them, or turn rubbish (and i mean ALL in the literal sense)

And your birthday is on the same day as mine,

Therefore, you have my luck, any everything will be fine.

Hope that helps

I just lit a candle, which may be very unscientific, but is one of the best things I do in a situation like this. Let me know if there is anything I can do or anyone I can call for you (I have unlimited long-distance in the US and Canada). I'm sending positive thoughts your way, Sandi.

I thought this was a good idea Phi for All, so I just did this as well.

Sandi, I too have a daughter so I don't have to imagine -- I know -- how scary this is for you. My thoughts are with you and I am hoping for a positive outcome for your daughter.

My candle holder is cut tin and casts lovely patterns from the light. The patterns between a mother and her daughter are also lovely.

Sincere regards,

Coral

Sandi,

Get in your car and GO!. I have my fingers crossed for you and I will be thinking of you until you call back.

Please.....just go..

Bettina

Edit: Sandi....there is nothing more helpful than seeing your mom. So just go.

Go to a church (or it's equivalent in the other religious beliefs, I can't spell them correctly because I'm an ignorant American) and pray to God. At times like this, when things are given to chance, the only thing that can give you comfort is faith. May God be with you and your daughter.

For all the good wishes. She called a little while ago. They did a 2nd MRI after looking at the results of the first. They suspect an aneurysm - told her to go home and be quiet, and they would call her with results within 48 hours.

For all the good wishes. She called a little while ago. They did a 2nd MRI after looking at the results of the first. They suspect an aneurysm - told her to go home and be quiet, and they would call her with results within 48 hours.

Is this something that can be fixed? I don't pray, but I'm wishing for you a lot. :-(

I sent you a PM too.

Love

Bettina

aneurysm?

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=6115

Berry aneurysm: A berry aneurysm is a small outpouching (an aneurysm) that looks like a berry and classically occurs at the point at which a cerebral artery departs from the circular artery (the circle of Willis) at the base of the brain. Berry aneurysms are prone to rupture and bleed. Also called a brain aneurysm.

An aneurysm is, by definition, a localized widening (dilatation) of an artery, vein, or the heart. At the area of an aneurysm, the wall is weakened, bulges and is at risk to rupture.

The word "aneurysm" comes from the Greek "aneurysma" meaning "a widening."

Thank heavens, it appears she dodged that bullet.

Read your post today and I was touched to know that she is OK. My Dad has been to the hospital several times and I know how it feels. I was surprised at how many people expressed their concern and gave you hope. What a GREAT FORUM!!!

My daughter just called - she has a "1 centimeter lesion" in her head that appears to be a tangle of blood vessels. They don't think it's a tumor or an aneurysm but can't be sure. She has to see a neurosurgeon at 5:45 this afternoon.