repeatable chemical reactions vs reproduction!!

Two scientists have recently developed a new model to explain how could early replicating molecules could have worked. I cannot explain it because I found it rather crazy, complex, and highly unlikely to represent a real scenario. However, it was published in a respectable journal and for anyone interested it can be found here:

If life seems to be a sum of chemical reactions, and everytime a system of chemical reactions becomes repeatable, this helps it to sustain itself in the long term. Gradual complexity could be built and sustained in this way. Organic molecules can be created and prevail later on the course! Why do scientists need to explain at first how proto-nucleic acids were formed and self replicated? Can somoene explain me why it has to be this way first? It is difficult to think of a possible way the first self replicating molecules were created this way. It needs a lot of creative imagination...

• 2 weeks later...

And of course the question is how these emerging structures can do other things as well, such as translation, etc apart from their self-replicating role. A creationist must have said that he knows the answer, but we want a better explanation, as i think that science is the effort to read gods mind, aka an effort to understand how world was created without refering to god..