Pappa Bear--

Poena

I do not know if anyone else has seen this or if its posted but I thought it was interesting anyway:

The following pictures are of a guy who works for the forest Service in Alaska. (note I have all three images but the last is quite graphic. Ill only post it on request) He was out deer hunting.

A large world record Grizzly charged him from about 50 yards away.

The guy unloaded a 7mm Mag Semi-auto into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The thing was still alive so he reloaded and capped it in the head.

It was over one thousand six hundred pounds,and 12' 6" high at the shoulder. It's a world record.

The bear had killed a couple of other people.

Of course, the game department did not let him keep it.

Think about it. This thing on its hind legs could walk up to the average single story house and could look on the roof at eye level. Also his last meal was human.

tedbear1.jpg

Snopes has the real story as...

"The bear pictured above was killed in November 2001 by a hunter (not a Forest Service employee) who came across it while he was deer-hunting in Alaska. As he described the event on the message board at HuntingNet.com:

My partner and I ran into the unexpected . . . "BIG ARSE URSUS"! The bear was shot 10 yards away (no zeros missing in that figure my friends) in the head with a .338 Remington Winnie, using 250 grain Nosler handloads, followed up with two shots to the vitals. A very quick clean death.

We were working up a creek, headed for the mountains to hunt blacktail. He was coming down the creek, hunting for the last of the spawning Coho in the creek. We initially spotted him from 40 yds off. As a matter of fact we were glassing the bear over the high brush just behind the bear when we spotted him. "

Sure :) I have the images saved at work. One was the paw that youve posted but the last one was of his...hm..last meal. Its very graphic, but I will post it tomarrow for you all to see, when I get back in work ;D

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by the GardenGnome

Imagin having that bear's head on your wall. On you should of seen the one that got away.

thats not a bear rug, its carpet for your living room

Guest bman

Where's the last picture. I can find the pictures of the paw and the bear on other sites. But I can't find anything about the "last meal." Where did the last meal picture come from?