Possibilities and Challenges of Harnessing light?

yashrajkakkad

I am supposed to shoot up a six-minute speech along with a presentation at a competition nearby. The topic is "Harnessing Light: Possibilities and Challenges"

Therefore, my question is what do you think are the possibilities and challenges of harnessing light? I am supposed to stick to the topic entirely, and that is what makes it difficult.

I would be glad if some knowledgeable person shares his/her knowledge and views!

Thank you! :)

Since it's the International Year of Light, you might get some ideas from the International Year of Light blog

http://light2015blog.org

Thanks for that link! I already surfed through that but just found the basic knowledge. I want information on possibilities and challenges!

"Harness", use what it's already doing to benefit yourself/ourselves, make it do what you/we want it to do. What do you want light to do for you?

The question "What I want light to do for me?" is quite based on imagination, something I am not able to think more on this topic! Any ideas?

Can you please elaborate?

Quantum computers using photons as qbits.

Data links using fiber optics.

Photovoltaic cells.

I don't know how much info you want add some point you'll need to find some resources (a skill in itself so I'm not doing it for you) and do some serious reading.