IRC Chat -- again!!

Dave

Rightho, so I've created this ubernice guide for you all to follow to get onto IRC, attached at the bottom. You'll need Acrobat Reader to view it.

Now there's really no excuse!!

Get connected :D

Server: irc.blackcobalt.net:6667

Channel: #sfn

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys last night, I had an idea, which I had a little chat to Matheson and Dave about.

A weekly IRC discussion with a set topic, for people to debate science issues. But there would have to be some way to control the flow of people saying things to make it be organised

My idea is basically that we get as many people online at a set time once a week and the channel is "moderated" this means that only channel operators, half operators and people with "voice" set can talk. The idea being that you either send your comment to a bot and your comment is moderated and sent to the channel (Dave's idea using his Q&A bot) or that you send a request to the bot to say something, it then picks someone from random out of all the people that have requested to say something, removes your name from the list and voices you so you can speak. After an amount of time say 10 seconds of you not saying anything it could then de-voice you and voice someone else.

Could have it so when you want to say something you have 3 options for, aginsts, neutral, it picks 1 from each group in turn...

Just wondering what people thought of this idea?

Cheers

Klay

Quartz should always be there. Sure you're at the right place?

The last time I tried to open that pdf Firefox crashed... I hate the Acrobat Reader plug-in.

I have it turned off' date=' always open them in acrobate reader...

did we change the channel or something because @ 19:00 Indiana time i am LITERALLY the only one here Quartz is even gone. so whats up???

Sometimes the servers disconnect from each other, when this happens if none of the network staff are around then it might take a while for them to reconnect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
X-Chat is a good client and used frequently by those already on our chan, you could use MIRC, but frankly it sucks!

I second this when on linux I use xchat and if I wasn't so lazy would use it on windows too, on windows I use hydraIRC though which works...

X-Chat is a good client and used frequently by those already on our chan, you could use MIRC, but frankly it sucks!

I disagree mirc is just fine, especaily for those who are just starting in irc ;) But xchat is for the more advanced irc user.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...