Can you write equations in the amount of a check?

MWresearch

In reference to logically interpereting the law, I want to know if its possible to use checks wherein the amount specified of the check can be substituted with a mathematical expression like e^(pi*I)+e^(ln(12+sin(pi/2))).

For confirmation purposes, banks usually require you to print the amount in words so they can see if the numbers and words match. If they don't, the written words usually take precedence.

frankly the i in e to the pi i should not be a capital and looks more like a numeral one than the imaginary number i. you would risk it being settled at closer to 36 than 12.

I think you are more likely to get a returned cheque along with a bill from the bank for proffering a cheque which has been deliberately mal-completed. Possibly with a note asking the payer to not be a silly billy in future

I can see it being returned as "illegible"

Banks are entitled to do this, but they want that money. I think, as long as you wrote out the amount in words on the legal line, that's what the bank would fall back on, regardless of the equation you put in the little courtesy box.

Banks are entitled to do this, but they want that money. I think, as long as you wrote out the amount in words on the legal line, that's what the bank would fall back on, regardless of the equation you put in the little courtesy box.

"Fifteen squared dollars"