Wave speed

Primarygun

Why a change in frequency seldom affects the original wave speed of a wave?

Besides depth of medium, what factors affect its speed?

What happens to a transverse wave if we increase its frequency by flicking one end of the rope with a higher speed? Will the speed of the wave increase?

Well, let's stay on the field of mechanical waves

Why a change in frequency seldom affects the original wave speed of a wave?

I don't think this is right, look at it this way: When a sound has a low frecuency you identify as a lower tone(like a bass), and when it has a high frequency, as a higher tone(like a violin).

So what you're saying implies that if you go to a concert with a bass player and a violinist, you would hear the violin first and then the bass, and even when you hear it from a long distance, this doesn't happen, otherwise there wouldn't be any big concert houses.

What happens to a transverse wave if we increase its frequency by flicking one end of the rope with a higher speed? Will the speed of the wave increase?

I think more waves would reach the other end be a certain time, but the waves themselves will not move faster.

If I want them to move faster, what should I do?

Soundwaves or waves on a rope?

For the former you would need to be in denser material than our atmosphere. Underwater for example, or glass which would be even faster. The denser the medium, the faster the sound travels.

For the rope, I would recommend decreasing the mass per length (rope density) and increasing the tension.

If I want them to move faster, what should I do?

You can increase the sound of speed in air by increasing the temprature (but only sightly). I can't recall the equation, though, and it only be important with large temprature differences.

You can increase the sound of speed in air by increasing the temprature (but only sightly).
The approximate relationship between air temperature and the speed of sound is:

[math]v_{sound} \approx 331.4 + 0.6 \cdot T_C[/math] [math]\frac{m}{s}[/math]

Where [math]T_C[/math] is the temperature in Celsius.

Source: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/sound/souspe.html