a fascinating idea

michael7858

I am not the author of this idea though I support it.

I just thought I'd see what others think. Some of the terminology I disagree with.

Atoms are spaceships in which tiny super intelligent pilots exist.

This is the idea.

What do people think?

We see this kind of ignorant fantasizing about physics, but not biology or chemistry. I think it's because of the popular misuse of words like "theory", and "theoretical physics". To the uneducated, theory means, "something I thought about while showering and now have decided to blurt out".

Ask the person these questions. If atoms were space ships flying around, then:

1. Why can't I fly?

2. Why can't they see the space ships on electron microscopes?(But they can see atoms)

3. How the heck do I stay together? Shouldn't I be a cloud of little space ships zooming around?(And possibly crashing into each other?)

4. What makes up the little spaceships? Or are you saying little space ships are the fundamental building blocks of ALL matter in the universe.

I could think of more but frankly I don't have the time to entertain this idea anymore than I have...

Edited by Lightmeow

An idea that I might expect from someone in their low teens; unfettered imagination with no or little knowledge of basic science.

Or an idea with no scientific basis from an imaginatively unfettered adult that appeals to little children and yet has an underlying allegory for adults.

Horton Hears a Who!

"A person's a person no matter how small".

220px-HortonHearsAWhoBookCover.jpg

I challenge you to provide one iota of scientific evidence that supports your assertion. How is this falsifiable? What predictions can you make based on this proposal?

Could they not give the tiny pilots some kind of IQ test? If they do average, or worse, they are unlikely to be super intelligent.

Could they not give the tiny pilots some kind of IQ test? If they do average, or worse, they are unlikely to be super intelligent.

I'd like top know how they fly in formation so well, given that they follow the spin statistics of QM for identical particles.