Can or should we count information as physical entity?

1x0

21 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

What c2 exactly refers to in the equation?

It is a conversion factor between the units used for mass and those use for energy.

22 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

As far as I am able to sense, it says Energy = Mass in SpaceTime

I know it is crazy....and I also think that while space can be volume, time can be just information.

No.

1 minute ago, Strange said:

It is a conversion factor between the units used for mass and those use for energy.

24 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

This is Strange(ly) blur. 

Edited by 1x0

26 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

This I understand. 

What c2 exactly refers to in the equation? 

As far as I am able to sense, it says Energy = Mass in SpaceTime

I know it is crazy....and I also think that while space can be volume time can be just information. Still physical....

If youre refering to E=mc^2 it means: Energy equals mass multiplied by velocity of light raised to the second power. This equation tells us that energy and mass are equivalent. Before you get into relativity consider this example: If you put a piece of wood into a fireplace it will burn converting some of its mass into the heat which you feel. Knowing all the properties of that system (properties of wood, fireplace, air temperature, etc)  you can calculate how much heat will be produced. Or the other way around. Matter is a different thing...its actually a physical thing which has properties like mass, temperature or velocity.

Edited by koti

6 minutes ago, Strange said:

No.

Ok

3 minutes ago, koti said:

Energy equals mass multiplied by velocity of light raised to the second power. This equation tells us that energy and mass are equivalent.

I think this part I get

I think what confuses me why he uses the speed of light squared. What is the determination based on?

Edited by 1x0

8 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

Ok

I think this part I get

I think what confuses me why he uses the speed of light squared. What is the determination based on?

Its just a number in an equation. Note that energy and mass have different units, the speed of light squared acts like a „translator” between the two.