dark energy and time

Paramdeep

As relativity describes the beautiful relationship between space and time. Time flows, so does space. Dark energy is responsible for the expansion of space. So I concluded that dark energy should also be responsible for time to flow. Is that a good idea?

The problem is that in general relativity we deal with a fixed space-time. It is four dimensional and given. Nothing can 'flow as such'.

What you can do is split the space-time into space and time, but not canonically or usually globally. You can then consider the evolution of space in terms of time. You could I suppose pick on of the space directions and describe evolution of the other directions in terms of that, again this would be noncanonical.

I don't quite see what you are saying.

p.s. This thread is in the wrong section. One of the moderators will move it shortly.

As relativity describes the beautiful relationship between space and time. Time flows, so does space. Dark energy is responsible for the expansion of space. So I concluded that dark energy should also be responsible for time to flow. Is that a good idea?

Mainstream theory does not generally attribute the expansion of space to dark energy, only the accelerated expansion of space. Of course you could say that time flows, but the flow of space is not usually accepted or considered the expansion of space. So your idea seems unrelated to present day theory, or interpretations of it IMO

• 4 weeks later...

dark energy is around time. its like the insulation on a wire. or the other way around. does anyone get what i am saying. please help me figure this out. i am just trying to bring a new view into the subject :ph34r:

Edited by agent x

dark energy is around time. its like the insulation on a wire. or the other way around. does anyone get what i am saying. please help me figure this out. i am just trying to bring a new view into the subject :ph34r:

I have no idea what you are saying.

!

Moderator Note

Mainstream threads are for discussing mainstream science. If you have a "new view" that's developed enough to discuss as science, please post it in speculations