Finding Genotypes of Dragonfly Crosses

K3rmitdafrg

Hello everyone,

I'm a sophomore student in college and I'm absolutely stumped on where to go next with my Genetics lab. We've just discussed mendelian/non-mendelian inheritance and we've used a computer program to analyze crosses between dragonflies. The traits seem to be sex linked but also seem to have a possibility of being reliant on more than two alleles. If anyone has any input on where to start or where to try next let me know, any help is really appreciated! I've attached a picture of the crosses we've obtained so far.

post-111488-0-34137600-1429222988_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If it's multiple genes, maybe investigate the recombination frequency. Alleles on the same chromosome are passed on together, unless there's crossing over between chromatids. Their distance apart is related to the likelihood that they will be separated during a crossing over event, thus it's reflected in the recombination frequency.