How can i check percentage problems online?

tansika

Hi,

I am a math tuition teacher. Now my students are preparing for their final exams. They are little slow in math problems. Actually i need to check the answers fast. So i tried many online calculators.

Finally found an online percentage calculator to calculate problems. But it is confused for me how it works and gives the result. Could someone explain me?

post-86130-0-61957700-1427976265_thumb.png

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am a math tuition teacher. Now my students are preparing for their final exams. They are little slow in math problems. Actually i need to check the answers fast. So i tried many online calculators.

Finally found an online percentage calculator to calculate problems. But it is confused for me how it works and gives the result. Could someone explain me?

Are you serious? Are you sure it is your students who are slow and not you? If that sounds offensive, I apologise, I am just astounded at what your difficulty is!

A quick glance shows two numbers entered, 10 and 200. It hardly needs anything more than inspection to see that is 5% and sure enough 5% is reported in the box labelled "percentage bar". This is then represented graphically by a pie chart. Where does your confusion lie? (And how is typing the numbers into a couple of boxes any faster than doing the same thing on a calculator, or for straightforward percentages, in your head?

Are you serious? Are you sure it is your students who are slow and not you? If that sounds offensive, I apologise, I am just astounded at what your difficulty is!

A quick glance shows two numbers entered, 10 and 200. It hardly needs anything more than inspection to see that is 5% and sure enough 5% is reported in the box labelled "percentage bar". This is then represented graphically by a pie chart. Where does your confusion lie? (And how is typing the numbers into a couple of boxes any faster than doing the same thing on a calculator, or for straightforward percentages, in your head?

Might be a language problem.

Might be a language problem.

Possibly, but I discerned how the calculator worked without reading any of the words. (And trust me, if I was any worse at maths than I am, I wouldn't know how many of me there are.)

Edited by Ophiolite