Limits on saying thank you!!

It helps to curtail abuse. I don't think Ive issued more than 2 red ones in a day.

Want a screen shot of the notice? :lol: As we all know, complaining about the rep system is a fool's errand. :P

Since I can't vote up, I have to say thank you to all in this post.

I see that the votes affect the rep of a member. Does the rep of a member give him/her some perks on the forum?

I vote up for a lot of reasons; from knowledge to penmanship. That's why I think I exhausted my quota for the day.

It sucks to learn something and not be able to say thank you.

I do discern a logic in the vote limit though. It makes you have to choose the best from the best. :)

How about a rule that says you're not allowed to moan about SFN, or the system, until you've been a member one year? I think people are far too quick to judge..

It's not a perfect system, but it's the best we've had in the last ten years, imo. We've tweaked it to suit the majority of situations and members, but we're obviously not going to please everyone.

It seems to be part of intelligent human nature to walk into a situation and immediately want to change it to suit ourselves. But it's even more intelligent to wait, imo, give it time so you can see the dynamics of the system at work before you start changing any part of it. Without that knowledge, how would you know if your changes are really beneficial?

...It seems to be part of intelligent human nature to walk into a situation and immediately want to change it to suit ourselves. But it's even more intelligent to wait, imo, give it time so you can see the dynamics of the system at work before you start changing any part of it. Without that knowledge, how would you know if your changes are really beneficial?

Yes. That's how I treat my learning of science as well. I won't buck it until I understand what its trying to say. A chap once said to me: If you want to change a system be the system, and this requires understanding it first.

Edited by StringJunky

Post with humility not hostility, post with a smile not a frown, accept that you may be wrong and most importantly learn when you’re shown to be wrong.

Edit/ sorry wrong thread... :wacko:

Edited by dimreepr

Yes. That's how I treat my learning of science as well. I won't buck it until I understand what its trying to say. A chap once said to me: If you want to change a system be the system, and this requires understanding it first.

You're probably one of those raging, pedantic intellectuals who insist I learn what's inside the box before trying to think outside it. ;)

This really pisses me off. I can't even say thank you.

You have only made 18 posts so far but when you have made 12 more you can give 25 upvotes and 3 downvotes every 24 hours.

Senior members (those with 30 posts or more) can give 25 upvotes and 3 downvotes in 24 hours. All others can give up to 10 upvotes and no downvotes in 24 hours.

From this thread: Is there a limit to reputation points?