Infinity, eternal life

SpecialGuest

The basic premise proceeds from the assumption that the probability of a world coming into existence exactly like our own is greater than zero (we know this because our world exists). If space is infinite, then cosmology tells us that our existence will recur an infinite number of times.

We also know for a fact that we are made of atoms and particles. Giving infinite time and space, there will eventually be same atoms and particles IN SAME ORDER, therefore our existence is cyclical and not linear.

Speaking of logic, the only reasonable answer would be that we indeed are living in an eternal and infinite space, where big bangs are occurring infinitely without need for cause.

This would also explain the 'free will' problem. Space doesn't care what you think. Its a random generation of algorithms that will make all possible outcomes reality. For an example; I'm president of US in a parallel universe. And in another universe I'm living in a world where star wars really happened. So according to the eternal return theory, we do not have free will.

According to this theory, I will live the same life again and again for eternity. Is this proof that we indeed may be living in hell? A hell we can't escape... ever...

The basic premise proceeds from the assumption that the probability of a world coming into existence exactly like our own is greater than zero (we know this because our world exists). If space is infinite, then cosmology tells us that our existence will recur an infinite number of times.

We also know for a fact that we are made of atoms and particles. Giving infinite time and space, there will eventually be same atoms and particles IN SAME ORDER, therefore our existence is cyclical and not linear.

Speaking of logic, the only reasonable answer would be that we indeed are living in an eternal and infinite space, where big bangs are occurring infinitely without need for cause.

This would also explain the 'free will' problem. Space doesn't care what you think. Its a random generation of algorithms that will make all possible outcomes reality. For an example; I'm president of US in a parallel universe. And in another universe I'm living in a world where star wars really happened. So according to the eternal return theory, we do not have free will.

According to this theory, I will live the same life again and again for eternity. Is this proof that we indeed may be living in hell? A hell we can't escape... ever...

Here you go again...

How does space and time being infinite entail cyclical phenomena?

I don't wish to clip your wings though. Keep imagining. It's a great way to spend your free time.

Because the atoms and particles, given infinite time and space will eventually set in same order as they did before, therefore you will exist in the same way you do now.

Thats why you are immortal.

Because the atoms and particles, given infinite time and space will eventually set in same order as they did before, therefore you will exist in the same way you do now.

Thats why you are immortal.

Given infinite space, there are infinite possible configurations, giving any one configuration, all things being equal, an infinitesimally small chance of arising. As such, even over an infinite period of time, none of the configurations have to repeat, let alone any specific one.

There are an infinite number of real numbers, but the number 1 (the number, not the digit) never crops up again no matter how far down the number line you travel. In fact, every number only ever appears once. Infinity doesn't necessitate a cycle.