How can Human Beings Be So Cruel To Other Human Beings (Split From Canadians & Aliens)

Ant Sinclair

Hate is a consequence of cruelty.

No, both are symptoms of a discontented mind, forgiveness, tolerance and acceptance is part of the cure.

Snap your fingers and envy won't disappear.

“He who is not satisfied with a little, is satisfied with nothing .”

Epicurus

For Epicurus, the purpose of philosophy was to attain the happy, tranquil life, characterized by ataraxia—peace and freedom from fear—and aponia—the absence of pain—and by living a self-sufficient life surrounded by friends.

Edited by dimreepr

No, both are symptoms of a discontented mind, forgiveness, tolerance and acceptance is part of the cure.

Hate is a neurological alert system to alert the organism that something in it's environment is damaging/potentially going to damaging it. It is very similar to pain.

For example, people when they say "I hate Justin Bieber" are really saying "I hate him because his music damages or annoys me and causes me pain, and I also hate him because he has a lot of social power to continually damage me in such a manner."

Forgiveness, tolerance, and acceptance, is a last resort option...like if you are too weak to fight being terminally ill, that you just "roll" with being terminally ill and accept your defeat. Or like if Alien overlords take over Earth and make you their slaves, instead of fighting back, you just say "I'm down with the alien overlords and I forgive and accept them, even though they make my life hell".

Edited by quickquestion

Hate is a neurological alert system to alert the organism that something in it's environment is damaging/potentially going to damaging it. It is very similar to pain.

For example, people when they say "I hate Justin Bieber" are really saying "I hate him because his music damages or annoys me and causes me pain, and I also hate him because he has a lot of social power to continually damage me in such a manner."

Justin Bieber can't damage you (if you accept he's a human that sings shit songs (someone has to)), it's your hate that damages you.

Forgiveness, tolerance, and acceptance, is a last resort option...like if you are too weak to fight being terminally ill, that you just "roll" with being terminally ill and accept your defeat. Or like if Alien overlords take over Earth and make you their slaves, instead of fighting back, you just say "I'm down with the alien overlords and I forgive and accept them, even though they make my life hell".

What is it that you need to fight, given the aliens can't be arsed?

Justin Bieber can't damage you (if you accept he's a human that sings shit songs (someone has to)), it's your hate that damages you.

What is it that you need to fight, given the aliens can't be arsed?

Hate is the secondary damage. The prior damage is justin bieber.

It's like what I said, pain. If someone cuts off your toe, that is the first damage. The pain is the damage to your consciousness. And if you focus on the pain, it damages the healing process of your toe. But that does not excuse the first damage. And what I mean by first damage is by being in a corrupt society and a garbage world full of people who disrespect you.

Forgive and forget? Nah, I'd like to fix the problem so it doesn't occur again.

Hate, like anger, has become obsolete. It does more harm than good.

Why hate Bieber if you can simply change the channel?

Hate is a form of pain.

It has not, nor will not, become obsolete, until the day where we are living in a utopia and there is no reason left to hate.

When someone is denied justice, they hate. And this world is a giant injustice.

What? I don't even like capitalism.

Yet you reply to my post via a product of capitalism.

What on earth does what I said have to do with capitalism?

Nah, I'd like to fix the problem so it doesn't occur again.

This statement encapsulates the notion of eternal growth (capitalism); however many solutions you devise, more await, acceptance breaks this cyclical argument and forgiveness IS justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQNtu4kpd64#t=767.217329 Edit/ sorry wrong thread.

Edited by dimreepr

When someone is denied justice, they hate. And this world is a giant injustice.

Hate is of absolutely no help when denied justice. If anything, it will only make the situation worse by inspiring impulsive reactions.

Hate is of absolutely no help when denied justice. If anything, it will only make the situation worse by inspiring impulsive reactions.

Hate is a fuel. Fuels can be volatile. But people who don't hate tend to be more passive and accepting of injustice. Hate can make you powerful.

Edited by quickquestion

Hate is a fuel. Fuels can be volatile. But people who don't hate tend to be more passive and accepting of injustice. Hate makes you powerful.

What have you actually done about injustice, with all that power.

Passive people tend to be the ones that win the fight against injustice, Gandhi and Mandela for example.

Edited by dimreepr

What have you actually done about injustice, with all that power.

Passive people tend to be the ones that win the fight against injustice, Gandhi and Mandela for example.

Ghandi was an extreme racist and I'm not going to rot in jail for 90 years just to hope eventually I'll make a point. Not to mention, Mandela was a terrorist and not even slightly passive.

Jesus wasn't actually passive, he went around flipping tables and upsetting the established order. He violated lots of rules and started an underground counter-culture.

Ghandi was an extreme racist and I'm not going to rot in jail for 90 years just to hope eventually I'll make a point. Not to mention, Mandela was a terrorist and not even slightly passive.

Jesus wasn't actually passive, he went around flipping tables and upsetting the established order. He violated lots of rules and started an underground counter-culture.

They all fought and won whilst being passive, but don't forget that you Americans were terrorists once.

and I'm not going to rot in jail for 90 years just to hope eventually I'll make a point

Then all that power is impotent.

They all fought and won whilst being passive, but don't forget that you Americans were terrorists once.

Then all that power is impotent.

Being a terrorist is NOT being passive. Your whole argument was that being passive is powerful.

America did NOT win by being passive.

I wish I had more power, but the sad thing is I don't.

In this era money and social ability is power.

And the kings of olde gained power through war. After they killed 1000 people they became a bit more philosophical and conscious of life and death and philosophy.

Nowadays, we get these people born into wealth who have no depth of character or anything. Character no longer matters, literally the only thing that matters nowadays is your bank account and how well you obey the social norms.

And you've yet to address that point, other than name calling; how old are you?

I HAVEN'T NAME CALLED YOU A SINGLE TIME YET.

AND HERE YOU GO MAKING AN INSULT ABOUT MY AGE.

CAN YOU GO 5 MINUTES WITHOUT MAKING AN ANNOYING FALLACY.

I HAVE ALSO, ALREADY ADDRESSED YOUR POINT.

Edited by quickquestion

I HAVEN'T NAME CALLED YOU A SINGLE TIME YET.

No need to shout, I didn't say you called me a name but your rebuttal depended on the names you called others.

AND HERE YOU GO MAKING AN INSULT ABOUT MY AGE.

Wow, touchy, did I hit a nerve? I didn't BTW I just asked your age.

CAN YOU GO 5 MINUTES WITHOUT MAKING AN ANNOYING FALLACY.

FFS, I forgot to turn off my irony meter.

Edited by dimreepr

No need to shout, I didn't say you called me a name but your rebuttal depended on the names you called others.

Wow, touchy, did I hit a nerve? I didn't BTW I just asked your age.

FFS, I forgot to turn off my irony meter.

And here you go, on some personal tangent instead of addressing the points I made about hatred.

Deflection is also a fallacy; I have addressed your arguments, in full, now you try.

This whole page is nothing but your logical incoherence, for instance using terrorists as an example of people who use passivity.

I wrote nearly a paragraph addressing you but you instead don't respond then falsely accuse me of name calling and ask for my age. Then you say you address me in full but while only using petty one liners low in debate content.

Are you a troll?

Edited by quickquestion

Hate is a fuel. Fuels can be volatile. But people who don't hate tend to be more passive and accepting of injustice. Hate can make you powerful.

Citation needed.

I know I achieve far more with other people if I am not hateful towards them. Hate tends to shut doors, while respect and dialogue opens them.

Even in the rare cases violence cannot be avoided, hate is unreliable and needlessly destructive.

Did Jesus use hate or love to spread his message?

"Going against established order" does not require hate in any way.

Edited by Bender

Citation needed.

I know I achieve far more with other people if I am not hateful towards them. Hate tends to shut doors, while respect and dialogue opens them.

Even in the rare cases violence cannot be avoided, hate is unreliable and needlessly destructive.

Did Jesus use hate or love to spread his message?

"Going against established order" does not require hate in any way.

Hate and love are two versions of the same fuel.

Love is a fuel as well.

Love can be more damaging than hate.

Love, when turned toxic, becomes hate.

Thus the Aphrodite legend is the goddess who wishes for Earth's destruction.

You ever loved someone, only have them abuse and or reject you? Worst feeling in the world.

Lots of powerful individuals have come in power through hate alone.

Whatever it takes to be famous.

Fame=power.

Love can obviously be used too, it made Jesus famous.

Edited by quickquestion

You ever loved someone, only have them abuse and or reject you? Worst feeling in the world.

But why would you hate them for it? What is the advantage?

Lots of powerful individuals have come in power through hate alone.

Can you give an example?