(Outernet) Some progress on MAMP(Major/Minor Data Protocol)

Unity+

Here is some progress on the Major/Minor Data Protocol that I am developing to make a two-way Outernet access which, once completed, will be implemented into a package which I will be releasing for people to use to make access points.

Here is a diagram. The algorithm is similar to LinkedList algorithms, but with some different aspects:

diagram.png

Essentially, what will happen is the program will search for any connection to another similar device(most likely through different types of checks). Once it finds random devices, it will record their pings, store the information both about the device and connection name. It will compare the pings of each device, and store it so other devices that connect to it will know the best connection to use.

Then, when a device connects to any of these connective devices, the device will be able to connect and request a website page and data required to fill it out. When the request is made, the device first will check if the file exists on it. If not, it will refer to the other devices it is connected to through a recursive method. The device will make requests to both of its devices it is connected to see if they have the files. If so, the devices will send the files to that device making the request, then that device will send the data to the original device that requested the information.

I hope that is understandable. If there are any questions just ask.

Currently majority of websites are made dynamically. Each time you go to website, different content is returned.

And they're using parameters to tell browser "page is new". If you will backup file on disk ignoring parameter, it'll be most likely obsolete version.

Also device which has the smallest ping is not necessarily the one that has the smallest ping to website you're looking for.

It just means that device is near you and/or is very fast and/or is not busy.

Anyone can configure Apache HTTP server to do bottom part of what you want - and work as proxy server.

Edited by Sensei

Currently majority of websites are made dynamically. Each time you go to website, different content is returned.

And they're using parameters to tell browser "page is new". If you will backup file on disk ignoring parameter, it'll be most likely obsolete version.

I'm assuming you are referring to the usage of jQuery. There could easily be packages made to imitate this with MAMP.

Also device which has the smallest ping is not necessarily the one that has the smallest ping to website you're looking for.

It just means that device is near you and/or is very fast and/or is not busy.

Anyone can configure Apache HTTP server to do bottom part of what you want - and work as proxy server.

Both pings would be accounted for. Both ping and where the content is located would be taken into effect.

I'm assuming you are referring to the usage of jQuery. There could easily be packages made to imitate this with MAMP.

I didn't think about jQuery at all - it's completely different level of dynamically created websites - on browser side. Until downloading page, decoding it, interpreting, JavaScript is not executed - that's where jQuery will generate something.

I was thinking about generating on HTTP server side, PHP and JSP and similar technologies.

Their output is normal HTML. But each time, each request, slightly different. So your web content caching will fail with them.

"Then, when a device connects to any of these connective devices, the device will be able to connect and request a website page and data required to fill it out. When the request is made, the device first will check if the file exists on it. If not, it will refer to the other devices it is connected to through a recursive method. The device will make requests to both of its devices it is connected to see if they have the files. If so, the devices will send the files to that device making the request, then that device will send the data to the original device that requested the information."

Edited by Sensei

I didn't think about jQuery at all - it's completely different level of dynamically created websites - on browser side. Until downloading page, decoding it, interpreting, JavaScript is not executed - that's where jQuery will generate something.

I was thinking about generating on HTTP server side, PHP and JSP and similar technologies.

Their output is normal HTML. But each time, each request, slightly different. So your web content caching will fail with them.

"Then, when a device connects to any of these connective devices, the device will be able to connect and request a website page and data required to fill it out. When the request is made, the device first will check if the file exists on it. If not, it will refer to the other devices it is connected to through a recursive method. The device will make requests to both of its devices it is connected to see if they have the files. If so, the devices will send the files to that device making the request, then that device will send the data to the original device that requested the information."

I forgot to explain about the Major Data and Minor Data part of the protocol.

Major data is the website itself, essentially a template. If the website is a PHP website, the user will get the PHP webpage that gets its information from the device that it sending the webpage, known as the Minor Data.

I have no idea what are you talking about.

You can't get source PHP script from any 3rd party website. Only output generated by it.

You can't even be sure whether PHP was used to generate it.

index.php and [file name].php extensions are not obligatory.

I have many files f.e. image.png which are actually PHP scripts generating PNG as output (have to generate HTTP response proper headers)..

Extension is meaningless.

Edited by Sensei

I have no idea what are you talking about.

You can't get source PHP script from any 3rd party website. Only output generated by it.

You can't even be sure whether PHP was used to generate it.

index.php and [file name].php extensions are not obligatory.

I have many files f.e. image.png which are actually PHP scripts generating PNG as output (have to generate HTTP response proper headers)..

Extension is meaningless.

Of course that is true, but then again there are ways around this.