"Power Schemes" don't work

powerschemes.jpg

Litereally, I cannot edit the current ones, add a new scheme, there are no currently set schemes, I cannot save as or anything... you can see I cannot edit the current settings for it and if I click 'save as' or 'delete' nothing happens.

I have reinstalled windows since I first noticed this problem and it didn't go away which is strange, if I reinstalled XP home again it'd possibly sort the problem, but does anyone know what causes it?

It's a strange problem... any ideas as to why this has happened?

Yeah' date=' that's strange.....

Someone probably has hacked your computer, and change the power scheme....[/quote']

im sorry, wheres the logic in that?

you said it kept happening even after you reinstalled? so i guess that means the same person came back and hacked your computer again just to keep you from telling your monitors to turn off.

it works fine for me, when i click that nice little arrow it gives me 6 options. i am running XP pro. i know there are differences, but i didnt think this was one of them. ill look into it.

apparently that isnt one of the differences... pretty much what i thought.

other ideas: corrupted files, hardware that doesnt support those options (not sure if thats even possible) some setting you have to change to activate this option...

i dont know.

but i very highly doubt someone hacked your computer to change your power schemes.

(did i just have perfectly good sarcasm blow right over my head? internet ruins communication : P)

LOL indeed... no I do not think I was hacked.

It did used to work though... strange, I just remember noticing it a few months ago and couldn't think of anything logical to do (I couldn't be bothered to reinstal windows) and forgot about it. Recently I went in their and saw it and it reminded me... however I have reinstalled XP a few weeks ago... so the reinstal XP did nothing to the problem...

I'll probably reinstal again when I can be bothered :)

:D... I like my red - purple with white text, and then background windows are grey - lighter grey with black text... the killer is the bright red menus (right click, start menu etc)... but hey, I like it!