Black Holes

Kelnad

I know that there is talk about Black Holes being actually Black Stars, but I'm actually wondering about the stars being twisted and moved by something in the middle of our galaxy. If this is a black hole could it give birth to another one? What if a super nova directed our way hit an on coming baby black hole, what would happen to the black hole? I mean besides stars being blasted around and meteors for debris.

I know that there is talk about Black Holes being actually Black Stars, but I'm actually wondering about the stars being twisted and moved by something in the middle of our galaxy.

Do you mean an accretion disc?

If this is a black hole could it give birth to another one?

There's no cause to think that one could give birth to another.

What if a super nova directed our way hit an on coming baby black hole, what would happen to the black hole? I mean besides stars being blasted around and meteors for debris.

It might be more or less jostled around via assorted force interactions and may increase in mass.

Should also define what you mean by 'baby'. They do not need to be massive or large.

Edited by Endy0816

I really phrased that wrong, I was just meaning the movement of stars in the center of our galaxy. You were the first person the tell me about the accretion disc, and thanks for doing so. But a long time ago I had seen something on us being like looking down a barrel pointed right directly at earth, a possible super nova, on a documentary, and was thinking of mega disaster hypothesis. If a super nova hit any size black hole it would possibly grow in mass? Could it block it from further destruction and that path its traveling? When I was talking about baby black hole I meant new not size, as throwing it in as could black holes give birth? What if the black hole got hit by super nova could all that force feeding cause it to give birth or go dormant?

• 2 weeks later...

Since blocked will post here we are heading for bigger quakes working up in WA. check out patterns. after the 6 mag that hit today Virgin Islands is getting hit and than WA multiple times. These are becoming more frequent.