Noisy dryer

psi20

My dryer makes a very loud and continuous noise when the timer's up. How do I stop it? I'm no mechanic, but I want to stop the noise somehow.
Take the back off the dryer. It may only require removing a few screws from the top down to about the middle to access the leads to the buzzer you're looking for.

On the back side of the dial (this is assuming there is a dial--if it's digital this may not help) that controls the timer, there are some wire leads that can be pulled off at the connections with a pair of rubber-handled needle-nose pliers. One of those will control the buzzer. Just make sure you don't disconnect the one that controls the timer, or the dryer won't shut off. IIRC, there are only three leads, so experiment before you put the back panel on again.

Don't mess with anything else, and don't get shocked.

My dryer makes a very loud and continuous noise when the timer's up. How do I stop it? I'm no mechanic, but I want to stop the noise somehow.

Did you look really closely on the control panel? The dryers I have had contained a switch so that you can turn the buzzer off.