Starwars Episode 3

ed84c

It was a long film,

but I didn’t get bored with it even for a second.

It was pretty exciting all the way through...

in fact I even felt a bit drained after it!

I'm not that convinced that the actual motivational psychology behind the characters was that accurate...

but well... I guess I will just throw it in with flying cars and laser swords.

Three events in the film would make it unsuitable for children.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not that convinced that the actual motivational psychology behind the characters was that accurate...
[hide]the bit leading up to where anikin chopped of mace windu's arm was nicely done, but the bit after that (where anikin gives himself up entirely to palpatine) was a bit poorly done, i thought.[/hide]

I thought the movie was sweet! Mainly because I am a starwars fan, but I think it was better then Episodes 1 and 2. I think the movie was really fast at first, they compressed 30 minutes of information in 10 minutes of film. I think episode 3 could have actually been 2 movies with the amount of information it contained.

I caught it yesterday and thought that it was great. It was nice and dark and tied together every loose end there was. After seeing Episode 3, the original trilogy will really be just a bit different to me. I didn't see any spoilers, or even trailers, for this movie so I wasn't tainted with prior information. Still, there were no real surprises since I've seen all the others and kind of know what to expect. Even then, the part of the movie I liked the best was the creation of the Emporer. That was VERY well done and nice to see.

After seeing EP3, I also think that Episodes 1 and 2 almost HAD to suck donkey balls in order for EP3 to come out as well as it did. EP3 needed to have all the build up that EP1 and 2 provided in order to accomplish everything it wanted to in a reasonable amount of time. (Then again, I also think that people butcher EP1 and 2 just out of peer pressure because they don't want to admit that they like them. It's "not cool" to think that the first two movies were good).

5614; You've actually heard bad things about the new movie? I'd like to see those reviews because every single review I have read or seen says that this new movie is one of the best ones. Even those who basically sent death threats to George Lucas after the first two are saying that the 3rd one was a great movie.

I saw it last night. It was better than the first two (Jar Jar only had a few cameos, and didn't speak in any of them!). The visuals were extremely impressive. The acting was craptastic in a few places (especially the love thing). I really liked Darth Sidious. The actor that played him did an excellent job. [hide]The lightsaber battle that took place between yoda and sidious on the rising platform in the center of the senate was awesome, as was the duel between Anakin and obi-wan.[/hide]

What I liked the best, even though it wasn't really a big shock, was

[hide]the transformation from Chancellor Palpatine into The Emporer. Even though we all knew who he was, the revelation was well done and his physical transformation was spectacular.[/hide]

Force lightning rocks!!!! (Mind, I do tend to like sparks in general!)

There were some reviews in the newspaper that didn't make it sound very good, especially compared to the original 3, they would have been in some section of The Times (UK newspaper) over the last few days... I just kinda ignored them because of what I said in post #69

Anyway, I thought it was a very good movie, my radio alarm that woke me up this morning had a news thingy, apparently overnight tens of thousands of copies of the new film had been downloaded already, and that was the figure from ONE tracker, oh well... especially for a film like that, who'd want such a low quality copy? Some of the quick paced fight scenecs would have been rubbish! Anyway, that seems to be modern day society.

One thing is for certain is that after seeing EP3 I REALLY wanted to go and watch EP4-6 again. (It was also neat seeing the Millenium Falcon make a cameo appearance). But the force lightning was super sweet in how they did that. Some of the dialogue was craptacular, however, and I cannot deny that. Every time Samuel L. Jackson said a line, I was waiting for him to follow it up with 'mother ****er'. lol.

So what small part did Spielberg direct?

One thing.

Remember the bit in the first star wars when Darth Vader is choking the imperial officer at a distance by using telekinesis and by making that small pinching motion with his hands….

And Peter Cushing tells him to quit it…

And gives him lip about”that sad old religion”….

That seems to indicate a totally different pecking order of power (than we are led to believe in the latest film)…

Hmmmmm.

Remember the bit in the first star wars when Darth Vader is choking the imperial officer at a distance by using telekinesis and by making that small pinching motion with his hands….

And Peter Cushing tells him to quit it…

And gives him lip about”that sad old religion”….

That seems to indicate a totally different pecking order of power (than we are led to believe in the latest film)…

Hmmmmm.

I remember that... a plot hole or unknown story?

btw, how much time was supposed to have gone by between episode II and III?

It was also edited by Marcia Lucas, who also edited the original Star Wars. Lucas can't edit a movie worth beans.

Yep,

he gained an Empire but lost the woman he loved...

hey wait.... that story sounds familiar...now where have I heard that plot before......

Hey this is a really strange coincidence…(or not, if you watched the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy)…

But, I was just given a new DVD of a really old 1934 black and white movie serial called” Flash Gordon Conquers the universe”.

I think it has 12 short cliff-hanger episodes.

I was totally surprised by how much the star wars films seemed to have borrowed from these old adventures!

In these serials I am seeing a strange mix of fairy tale mixed with science fiction and archaeology.

It’s even filmed in the same sort of environments and everyone has a mask on…

And people are always jaunting about planets in spaceships shooting at one another.

Hmmm very strange……

What is this at the end of III about communing with Qui Guan Gin? I don't remember anything about this in IV, V, or VI. I have seen them for a while, is there something about it, or did they start a sub plot that doesn't go anywhere?

and I cannot deny that. Every time Samuel L. Jackson said a line, I was waiting for him to follow it up with 'mother ****er'. lol.

I heard somewhere that the light sabre he uses in the movie has the letters "BMF" on it, standing for Bad Mother F***** :D I don't know if it's true.

My brother in law told me that there was going to be a Star Wars tv show that happened between episodes 3 and 4. Anybody else hear anything like this?

There is a cartoon version that shows a lot of what the movies don't, I saw some of them, it was between 2 and 3, I don't know what time they cover beside that though.

Hey, did anyone else notice another maybe plothole. In episode 4, when obi wan is killed, his body vanishes, but all the other episodes I-III, that doesn't happen to any of the jedi, Qua gon is cremated, remember?

Anyone know why that is?

Hey' date=' did anyone else notice another maybe plothole. In episode 4, when obi wan is killed, his body vanishes, but all the other episodes I-III, that doesn't happen to any of the jedi, Qua gon is cremated, remember?

Anyone know why that is?[/quote']

What is this at the end of III about communing with Qui Guan Gin? I don't remember anything about this in IV, V, or VI. I have seen them for a while, is there something about it, or did they start a sub plot that doesn't go anywhere?

yes.

the "special training" Yoda has for Obi Wan is to learn how to do this. that's why he's able to kill himself and disappear in episode IV. Although the Qui Gon part doesn't make much sense, because he was cremated, and didn't disappear; and he isn't seen at all in episodes IV, V, and VI (is he even mentioned?)

In 6, the last one, Obi Wan is there in spirit form, and near the end in the back with him is some other spirit dude, I think. We guessed it was Vader after he died, and he became a good guy. I', going to have to watch them again, maybe that was a dream or something, or maybe it was Qui Guan??