Earthlings Speak Moon Language

Cod

Dear colleagues,

Please review my papers with new hypothesis about the creation and development of religion.

With means of linguistics, semiotics and archeology, I have found that all religious concepts have same visual representation. Most of cults use selected list of visual allegories such as horns, boat, cup, C-shape, V-shape.

An explanation of this correlation is that the origin of human religions comes from misunderstanding the Earth satellite as a creature – the god.

Not having any evidence about real sense of the Moon, early humans created many theories based on visual characteristics of observed object. Representing young moon as a child, horned cow, cup, fishing hook, etc. Further development of such ideas came the religion into existence.

all.png

Would like to have your comments and questions.

Thank you!

!

Moderator Note

From rule 2.7

We don't mind if you put a link to your noncommercial site (e.g. a blog) in your signature and/or profile, but don't go around making threads to advertise it. Links, pictures and videos in posts should be relevant to the discussion, and members should be able to participate in the discussion without clicking any links or watching any videos.

Please comply

With means of linguistics, semiotics and archeology,

This has as much connection with any of those subjects as numerology has with mathematics. (I'm guessing you rely on numerology as well.)

I have found that all religious concepts have same visual representation

Nice cherry-picking. Here is a small selection that don't fit your preconceived ideas (but I am sure you will either find some way to make them fit, or explain why they not relevant).

post-86228-0-65585700-1422012885_thumb.jpg

post-86228-0-89554800-1422012885.png

post-86228-0-00645600-1422012886.jpg

post-86228-0-13861100-1422012886.jpg

post-86228-0-25716100-1422012886.jpg

post-86228-0-39077800-1422012886.jpg

post-86228-0-55875900-1422012886.jpg

post-86228-0-67339000-1422012886.jpg

post-86228-0-80698200-1422012886.jpg

Edited by Strange

The human mind seeks explanation for what it encounters. This much is true for ancient minds as for modern minds. With experience and different encounters explanations change, but this does not always invalidate earlier explanations. The material universe is vast but finite and the capacity of the mind is infinite even if merely confined to numbers. Speaking of numbers, the ancients identified four or five "elements" which made up all earthly matter. Today we still know elements in greater variety and precision but still finite. We struggle against our limitations as did our ancestors, and yearn just as ardently for meaning.

This has as much connection with any of those subjects as numerology has with mathematics. (I'm guessing you rely on numerology as well.)

Nice cherry-picking. Here is a small selection that don't fit your preconceived ideas (but I am sure you will either find some way to make them fit, or explain why they not relevant).

No, I don’t rely on numerology, which is fake imho. Pure geometry is enough to see described correlations ;)

Regarding your selection of symbols. I did not claim that ALL symbols have same lunar roots, but MOST OF THEM. I will try to explain my way of thinking on this issue:

Menorah – the symbol of Judaism – known lunar religion. In spite of many explanations devised for common believers there are straight evidences of lunar origin of this symbol. First the name Menorah (מְנוֹרָה) which comes from root נ־ו־ר נ־ר(n-w-r / n-r) with meaning fire, light, lamp. All three meanings point to an object, which gives light during the dark time. As you understand, the menorah is dedicated to some god. So what can be called god that gives light during the night? Correct - the moon. The C-shape of menorah’s horns transfers visual feature of symbolized god (arc/crescent). And for those who will not read above signs correctly the author of menorah left one more hint – seven lamps, that represent 7 days of lunar week – important period for all Judaic stories (7 days of world creation, 14th day of Nisan etc.)

Back to C-shape of menorah’s hands, linguistics give another evidence about the relation of such shape and the moon. Word “crescent” which comes from PIE root *-ker. From this root many “horned” words are coming: horn, carrot, corn, corner etc. As well as “corymb” – special type of flower heading, that is natural menorah analogue due to its specific shape:

corymb.jpg

Next requested symbol is the Ankh. There is no common idea about this symbol, so you might find my explanation slightly speculative. I do not claim it as final version, but the hypothesis of its origin.

The character “ankh” means “life” in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic. From other hand the Egyptian beliefs commonly known as lunar. The only attempt of Akhenaten to reverse onto solar cult faced huge opposition from the society and was quickly defeated after his death.

Many ancient societies understood “the circle of life” as an everlasting movement of observed astronomical objects: the sun and the moon. As Egyptian religion was lunar, they understood life as repeating change of visual state of the moon. From the arc of new moon to the circle of full moon. The combination of both geometric states gave an allegory of eternal life that we can see on the symbol Ankh. The loop transfers the circle and the line transfers the line of young moon.

Ankh_circle_crescent.png

Same combination we can see on another Egyptian symbol of life – Scarabaeus. Usually represented as creature between two states of the moon – new moon below and full moon above. The beetle itself means Passover from one state to another, as life cycle of Scarabaeus is 29 days – the period of lunar month.

The connection of this symbol to the sun is speculative, as there were no solar cults in Ancient Egypt and the sun can never be seen as a cup/plate found below the beetle.

From linguistic point of view, the world “scarab” comes from same source with “caravel” – which is the boat of recognizable C-shape. The special importance of this concept can be also found in Egyptian beliefs (Boat of Dead as symbol of crescent moon)

scarab.png

An eye, which we can find in mostly any type of religion, is a visual allegory of the moon, as again an eye is represented by combination of arc as a brow and circle as an eye itself. In most ancient text found in our world – The Rigveda - the moon is many times compared with an eye.

eye_simple.png

There is also another logic link between the eyes and the moon. For humans the state of sleep is deeply associated with state of eyes. We close it during the sleep time. In addition, the state of sleep is hardly connected to the nighttime – the time of the moon.

You can watch Tim Burton’s works, as this guy purely understands the above concept. The eye is powerful visual weapon to activate in viewer’s subconscious deep transformational chain, gaining to high-level signal into motivational system about preferring of data accompanied by its representation. Nicely pictured eyes will always show C-shape by whites.

big_eyes.png

The triangle geometrically is the first approximation of arc/angle form. Take a look at the roof of small house. It forms visual triangle, but it is only an angle constructively. This concept is widely represented in Masonic symbolic. An angle, compass, steps, pyramid all link back to same shape. The letter G, as another important masonic symbol, specifies to “sacred” shape as C-shape of the crescent.

Same evidence we can find in Christianity movement, where one of the main symbols is a corner stone. This special element of building construction is unique due to its visual representation. It always forms a shape of angle/corner, that links to “sacred” shape of human’s “god” – the moon.

Cornerstone.png

Also pay attention to deep connection of both Masons and Christians to the concept of the stone. First are stone workers, second have many stories about sacred stone, deal with tomb stones etc. This comes from common understanding of the moon as a stone, due to its round shape and grey stone look.

The desire to understand of what is that big stone flying around every night, came to the greatest science of humanity – the philosophy. “The philosopher’s stone” is the moon, which nature and origin were always a biggest quest for thinkers.

philosophers-stone.png

The swastika is very simple lunar concept, but for most people living on Earth it is not clear due to their geographic point. Ancient people, started to appear very close to equator were seeing swastika by their eyes and made this old symbol of the moon. Four corner-like wings of swastika represent four visual states that the crescent moon shows during the night. The point is that more close to equator the moon is visually turned around itself during the night. So you can see C-letter, the boat and even the roof in the night sky. As an example, you can check Georgian type of swastika, which has more wings and they are more crescent like.

borgali_swastika.png

And now I can answer to John Cuthber's question:

>>>>I can't see how it's possible for the moon to look "U" shaped;

You cannot see it because you probably never point your attention to the direction of the moon. In your geographic point it does not turn too much and thus gives only C-shape in the sky. Come to South Asia and you will C yourself how it turns into a boat-shape, which is U-shape reminded by you.

U-shape.png

One of most old and common representation of the god is a crescent on the stick that we know as trident or cross.

In Old Testament there is a story about how it was started. During Moses absence, people asked his brother Aaron to make the symbol of their god, so he took all gold and made a “golden calf”. Despite common understanding that Aaron made a sculpture of the bull, the real story was much easier. He made a horn by pouring melted gold into cow’s horn. And people were clearly seeing the visual allegory of their god – the moon. There was no need to carve hard detailed sculpture. It was enough to make most significant part common to both concepts.

That is why the word for an object made by Aaron in the Bible is Masekha (מַסֵכָה) that translates as mask, beam, pin.

The horn on the stick visually gives trident or cross, that came into many beliefs as a symbol of god.

Later the horn was transferred into straight line, but the origin was not forgotten. On most Christian temples, the crescent is still represented on the crosses.

krest.jpg

Regarding your selection of symbols. I did not claim that ALL symbols have same lunar roots, but MOST OF THEM.

Most of them? In that case, you will be able to show the statistical analysis you have done that supports this claim. It should be very interesting.

No, I don’t rely on numerology, which is fake imho.

Your, ahem, "linguistics" is the exact equivalent of numerology. As is your ability to find the patterns you want in any image.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

The natural way of transformation of this combination can be traced on the example of Ukrainian tridents symbol history.

From the combination of cross and crescent to the trident itself as a modern coat of arms.

Ukrainian_coat_of_arms.png

By the way, later when Moses described a costume for archpriest the main detail was special sign on his head, made in form of crescent and needed for priest to always reminding the god by looking at this. This illustration is from 1550 year Bible

Aaron_moon.jpg

Again, point your attention to linguistic correlation:

Moses (horned guy), Masekha (horn), Moscon (bull in Greek) and Mesyac (crescent in Russian)

All words are having same phonetic structure and very close meaning. That was also a starting point in my works to understand why it happens.

So no cherry-picking, only logic and deep knowledge of subject. Will be happy to answer your questions and give more arguments.

So no cherry-picking, only logic and deep knowledge of subject. Will be happy to answer your questions and give more arguments.

How about the statistical analysis that supports the claim that "most symbols have lunar roots"?

You have done this, haven't you? I mean, before posting on a science forum?

Understanding the source of correlations better than others really is a skill common to scientists.
The above theory is a side result of another study concerning effective text compression algorithm.
Statistical analysis pointed out that human language contains the group of special phonetic and semantic features represented significantly often then all others. After analyzing the obtained characteristics, the hypothesis that most possible object that fully fits into semantic core is the moon.
After I have published my initial work “Lingvogeometry or the history of revolution of one meme”, one if my readers suggested to point the attention to following work of German researcher Erich Zehren and his book "The Crescent and the Bull: A Survey of Archaeology in the Near East" issued in 1986.

"During thousands of years, the moon was most important deity in many cultures – Old Egyptian, Sumerian, Babylonian, Assyrian, Chinese etc. That persuasively proves common roots of ideology and religion of different nations. Main symbols of the moon – the bull, the lamb, the fish, boat of dead are met in mythology of many countries and images across the globe. Historical ethnographic book of E. Zehren summarized works of hundreds of scientist, dedicated themselves to researches of roots of religion symbolism and mythological texts."

His review of most known archeological objects found during last 5 centuries gave clear set of evidences that most human religions were having lunar source.
He received absolutely identical Apophenia results without geometry, linguistics or statistical analysis. Just by making full picture from existing archaeological findings available for anybody in museums and catalogues.
So please stop your affronts and proceed to normal logic analysis as you are on a science forum.

Edited by Cod

Understanding the source of correlations better than others really is a skill common to scientists.

The use of objective data rather than opinion is a skill common to scientists.

So please stop your affronts and proceed to normal logic analysis as you are on a science forum.

Funnily enough, that is what I am asking you to do: present some data.

His review of most known archeological objects found during last 5 centuries gave clear set of evidences that most human religions were having lunar source.

Well, of course many religions and myths involve the Moon. And the Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Oh, and the fixed stars. And rivers and mountains. And seas. And rocks. And trees. All for rather obvious reasons.

Your entire premise is based on the fact that the moon has been present throughout human history; that’s like saying ‘because the Earth has always had oceans; God must, therefore, be a fish’.

Edit/ Cross posted.

Edited by dimreepr

Again, point your attention to linguistic correlation:

Moses (horned guy), Masekha (horn), Moscon (bull in Greek) and Mesyac (crescent in Russian)

All words are having same phonetic structure and very close meaning.

But they don't have a close meaning. Moses means (probably) "son". You have invented a meaning based on an (unsourced) claim about a hat he wore. There is no semantic connection between crescent and cow, other than the one you have invented. You also ignore the fact that you translate these words into English where the claimed connection disappears completely, thus completely destroying your argument. And demonstrating that this is a classic example of cherry-picking evidence. You are also using modern pronunciations of words and ignoring any changes that might have occurred.

It is obvious that if you are loose enough in your phonetic matching and allow a broad enough semantic range you can "prove" anything. Like the crackpots who claim that Basque and Japanese are related, or that the language of Eden was French (or Javanese, or Pictish, or whatever) using exactly the same sloppy technique.

But they don't have a close meaning. Moses means (probably) "son". You have invented a meaning based on an (unsourced) claim about a hat he wore.

Moses means “watered” to be accurate. And he did not wear any hat ) I can see that you don’t know the material that you try to criticize. Moses is pictured with horns by Michelangelo based on reading of Biblical story about Moses image after he has talked to the god.

moseshorns2.jpg

The word used there was qaran, that means “horned”, but more full translation is horn, angle, beam.

A hat was an object of Aaron – Moses brother, who was first priest. And crescent part of this wearing is also described in the Bible (Exodus 28:22)

Another Moses’s assistant Joshua also has same crescent hat stuff.

joshua.png

By the way, how would you explain why God asked Moses to make such recognizably crescent shape object as a symbol of God?

Regarding your linguistic critics. Please read carefully the name of topic. I talk about pan-linguistic correlations. About Earthlings language. Yes, Japanese and Basque are different languages, but they are from same planet, spoken by same creatures with same history and same vocal abilities. So they MUST have same features, and from this point of view Japanese and Basque are as close as Russian and English.

For example, English “mouth” sounds in Russian as “rot”. You know that “red” is a color of mouth (“rot” in German). At the same time “red” sound as “krasny” in Russian. Then compare “rat” which is “krisa” in Russian. “right” which is “koroshy” in Russian.

Or check German where “Mund” means mouth. It has completely same phonetic structure as English “month”. Months as you understand initially counted by amount of days between same states of the moon, usually between new moons. Look at the moon that time and you will see the mouth yourself. It is simple and that is why it was clear for simple ancient people. Why modern smart scientist does not see such simple correlations I don’t know. May be they are afraid to catch Apophenia…

mouth2.png

Edited by Cod

Moses means “watered” to be accurate.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=Moses

Try again.

Yes, Japanese and Basque are different languages, but they are from same planet, spoken by same creatures with same history and same vocal abilities. So they MUST have same features, and from this point of view Japanese and Basque are as close as Russian and English.

That falls under the category of "not even wrong".

Russian and English are Indo-Eurpoean (so obviously share some features). Japanese is usually grouped with the Altaic languages but may be an isolate.

Or check German where “Mund” means mouth. It has completely same phonetic structure as English “month”.

Pure coincidence. Why not include mound, mind, mint, mend, munt, mount, mentor, meant ...

You see, there are far more words with a similar phonetic structure but with unconnected meanings. So, once more, you are just cherry-picking words that fit a pattern you have decided on. This is not just unscientific, it is anti-scientific. I find this sort of humbug totally offensive.

(And mouth is derived from a proto-Indo-Eurpoean word for chin; nothing to do with the moon.)

Why modern smart scientist does not see such simple correlations I don’t know.

Because linguistics is a science and uses detailed statistical and historical analysis to determine possible relationships between languages.

I told you, it is not possible to talk about the religion without good knowledge of initial material.

It is clearly said in Bible: “The child grew, and she brought him to Pharaoh's daughter and he became her son. And she named him Moses, and said, "Because I drew him out of the water."

So Moses means “drawn from the water”. And yes, he was a son in that story, as well in the story about another son – Jesus, which is Messiah with meaning “the anointed”.

The logic connection between the moon and water is simple. The crescent moon was always thought to be a cup due to its shape. The cup is the object for holding liquids. That is why it comes as a symbol of Jesus – another lunar entity.

The son is also not coincident. How do you call crescent moon? Correct, young! How do you call the son – young man. This simple allegory of any young with young moon, any new born with new born moon. Check out this logic puzzle:

jesus_moon_picture.png

Who is baby Jesus according to this pictures???

Remember these all are allegories. No any Moses or Jesus were living. It’s fairy tale appeared on people’s guesses about the object they see above their heads and its features.

The moon is strictly connected with water in human beliefs. There is a simple explanation. When it comes the rain, the environment gets dark, as well as nighttime. The moon is the nighttime “god” so when it comes a dark daytime people understood that the moon rules such process. That “god” is much powerful then the sun, as it can close the sun and give the water, that the sun usually burns.

Pure coincidence. Why not include mound, mind, mint, mend, munt, mount, mentor, meant ...

Why not? Do you think that there is no any connection? It’s because you have never try to find one. You chew commonly known old gum that all such correlations are coincident.

I can try to explain about above words later.

And mouth is derived from a proto-Indo-Eurpoean word for chin; nothing to do with the moon.

Did I tell it derives from some another word? You see something that you want to see, but it does not exist in my explanation )

I say that if you will take similary sounding roots and check its etymology and semantic features you will receive limited set of characteristics same that I received in above diagram.

It does not mean all words appear from each other. It means they have common algorithm of appearance.

For example I don’t claim that Chinese and Arabic are same languages, but I see that “Islam” comes from “ladder” and its fully lunar religion. At the same time the hieroglyph for the moon in Chinese looks like a ladder:

Coincidence? Tell it to Ukrainians where “skhod” means “east” and “skhody” means “ladder”.

Mound - a rounded mass projecting above a surface. It is simple mountain – high structure made of stones. Take a look at my diagram, the stone is represented there. So having the stone in mound that was offered by you was PREDICTED by my theory. Hope you understand what it means.

Mind – comes from PIE *men- with meaning “think, remember”. So this is what I have found in my theory: we think and remember with help of the moon that gave us two initial constants to organize memory and thinking apparatus.

Think about the meaning of old hindu wisdom: Knowledge is milk flowing down from celestial cow.

Celestial cow is the moon. Milk is the ability to think and know. They new it very well. We don’t, as we require detailed statistical and historical analysis to determine such simple concepts available for understanding of people who did not see iPhone )

Mint – means cool in case of herb. The moon is cold as the night is cold.

Mint - means coin (Russian “moneta”) that is silver round object. Do I have to explain how silver round object connected with the moon? In our country people usually show money to young moon. It comes from old understanding the similarity of shape and wish the money to grow as well as moon grows every month.

Mend – comes from PIE *mend- "physical defect, fault". In most languages the last phase of the moon is called defected, waning. Check the translation of Russian cliché – «ущербная луна».

Munt – please translate

Mount – etymologically same to Mountian which is already explained.

Mentor – etymologically same to Mind, but it specifies the role of the moon as ruling, heading object as it always was for humans.

Meant – again comes to “mind” and the process of thinking, making meaning.

You can give more examples.

Mandala – round object dedicated to god;

Minute - from Latin minutus "little, small”. Young I will add.

Monad – from Greek monas - “unit, alone”. The moon is unique so it is alone. And as I told before it is basic unit for binary logic developed in human language.

Menstrual – connected with moon cycle

Manege – round object

Edited by Cod

So Moses means “drawn from the water”.

Authoritative sources say otherwise.

I say that if you will take similary sounding roots and check its etymology and semantic features you will receive limited set of characteristics same that I received in above diagram.

Translation: you can make up stories to connect unconnected words.

I see that “Islam” comes from “ladder”

Citation needed.

As for the rest: pure crackpottery.

Do you realise you are just making stuff up?

Of course not. They never do.

Do you realise you are just making stuff up?

In case you cannot see yourself how it's possible for the moon to look "U" shaped - simple geometry - more complex concepts will make you see it as stuffed up.

At the same time did you ever think about the origin of your own surname?

First element of it derived from the Old English cuþ "famous". What is more famous in the world then god? Compare "cuth" with "god". They are phonetically similar. Also got is good, god is cute, god is kid, god is hit, god is court, god is goat, god is cot, god is guide, god is cat, god is head, god is get, god is cuth.

In Ukrainian "kut" coincidently means angle.

Everybody knows that "bull shit" is "holy shit". So what is holy?

Do you know how to say “god” in Russian? Bog! Just compare to English “bog” as watered object. And with Russian "byk" that means "bull".

Then read most ancient text in the world - The Rigveda - where on every page god is called the bull.

So do you realize that you can just don't know the material enough?

As we are in Religion forum, can you remind what sign was given to Noah by god? "it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth"

Authoritative sources say otherwise.

Sounds very funny. The citation from the original source – the text of Bible – where it is clearly said: “she named him because ____” is not authoritative source???

Then why to research the Bible? Lets research Wikipedia J

The MSS-like construction can be found in any human language with tens of meanings. In Russian “mesyac” means “month”, “masyk” means “young, son”, “mochit`” means to anoint, to wax.

Add Latin “moscon” – the bull, Hebrew “mesakha” – horn, angle. You can write your own Bible now, as main acting persons are already collected.

As crescent looks like a boat, put young son into it (Noah’s ark, Moses’s basket, Jesus’s cradle and fishing boat). Build a boat like construction (Moses’s tabernacle). As the crescent looks like a cup, make many rituals around the cup and water (anointment, cup of wine, fish-church etc.) For most stupid people put the crescent on the god’s head - nimbus.

And here you are! New religion is ready.

Come on guys, we are modern smart people. Don’t you see this whole story is simple speculation?

The horned “god” is presented in every cult. Everywhere there is a celestial cow (Jesus is Aplha. Alpha means cow). Think a little, who’s that cow from the sky?

>>> I see that “Islam” comes from “ladder”

Citation needed.

Please: Islam is a verbal noun originating from the triliteral root s-l-m (Wiki)

The noun is made from the verb سلم (salama). Put it into Google translator:

salama.png

Ledder, stair and even scales, which as you probably know means scales for measuring and scales as a fish skin. Both have same C-shaped geometry.

Preislamic goddess was pictured with fishes on the head (Al-Uzza).

uzza.jpg

Jesus is a god symbolized by fish.

111ec6b6.png

At the same time the fish is known symbol of the moon in semiotics:

fish_moon.png

And scales is known symbol of the moon:

scales_moon.png

Not too many coincidences?

Edited by Cod

In case you cannot see yourself how it's possible for the moon to look "U" shaped - simple geometry - more complex concepts will make you see it as stuffed up.

At the same time did you ever think about the origin of your own surname?

First element of it derived from the Old English cuþ "famous". What is more famous in the world then god? Compare "cuth" with "god". They are phonetically similar. Also got is good, god is cute, god is kid, god is hit, god is court, god is goat, god is cot, god is guide, god is cat, god is head, god is get, god is cuth.

In Ukrainian "kut" coincidently means angle.

Everybody knows that "bull shit" is "holy shit". So what is holy?

Do you know how to say “god” in Russian? Bog! Just compare to English “bog” as watered object. And with Russian "byk" that means "bull".

Then read most ancient text in the world - The Rigveda - where on every page god is called the bull.

So do you realize that you can just don't know the material enough?

Setting aside the fact that I don't use my real name here- so my surname is not Cuthber.

"What is more famous in the world then god?"!

Well, apparently the Beatles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_popular_than_Jesus

"Everybody knows that "bull shit" is "holy shit""

No it isn't.

You made that up.

And the same goes for the rest of it.

You mentioned Apophenia.

"the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data"

You don't seem to realise that you are displaying it.

Oh my god, theres a triangle in my math book. It must be the Illuminati!!! Oh, and the triangle thing on a house, also the Illuminati.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Oh, and although it is pretty interesting, some of the ways you twisted the picture's especially the one with the cross, kind of are way to vague. And with your smile reference, we can falsify that, because it's not like humans thought back in the day, oh, I want my smile to look like the moon. Humans evolved that way, so you can't say what you are saying about it.

Setting aside the fact that I don't use my real name here- so my surname is not Cuthber.

Ok. Your nick name. It does not change anything. Cuth in Cuthber surname still means “famous” and it appeared long before Beatles.
And as we are on scientific forum, let’s talk with facts, but not with sarcasms that your feeling of self-importance is trying to push on.
Below you can see spectral characteristics of all mentioned words. It clearly shows that graphics are very similar, so from phonetic point of view words are very close to each other.
god_good.png
If we combine all graphs we will see that common shape is visible same with shapes of every single word.
god-good-combined.png
In other hand, if we will take different words like “lorem ipsum” we will see that graphs are not corresponding to each other.
lorem_ipsum_graph.png
From above experiment we can call words god, good, code, cod, goat, cat, head, hit, kid, guide, get, cute, kuth, court - phonetically similar.
So what is it? “the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data”? Or simple phonetic feature of language we speak?
Linguists call it the parallelism between language plans – the main idea of Glossematics. Well, from your point of view they all have Apophenia…
The experience of seeing patterns in random data has helped to Alan Turing to brake the code of Enigma and to make a thinking machine we all use now. Yes, he was mentally special person. From the point of view of “normal” people. But as our history shows, only such persons with unusual angle of view made happen most greatest achievements of earthlings. So please stop speculating on this topic, better read carefully what Steve Jobs said about it:
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward.
Maybe they have to be crazy. How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels? We make tools for these kinds of people. While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
If you find something crazy in my words, just know that you are statistically average person with common convergent type of thinking. When you’ll break a circle of retranslating of common ideas you will be able to find something really new and progressive.
Back to post topic, could you please answer the question: “can you remind what sign was given to Noah by god? "it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth"”
From your point of view, how this sign is connected with god?

Ok. Your nick name. It does not change anything. Cuth in Cuthber surname still means “famous”

Still making claims without any support I see. I just have to assume it isn't true.

It clearly shows that graphics are very similar, so from phonetic point of view words are very close to each other.

That is not how lingusitics (which is a science) works.

So what is it? “the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data”?

Definitely this.

Linguists call it the parallelism between language plans – the main idea of Glossematics.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what you are claiming here. In fact, one of the most fundamental tenets of linguistics is that signs are arbitrary; in other words, just because there are phonetic similarities you cannot assume a similar meaning.

Comparing yourself to peoiple like Turing just highlights exactly how deluded you are.

From your point of view, how this sign is connected with god?

As there is no evidence of any gods, the question is totally meaningless.

How is the sign associated with Santa Clause?

As there is no evidence of any gods, the question is totally meaningless.

How is the sign associated with Santa Clause?

In the reality tunnel of people who wrote the Bible there was a god. As we want to explain their stories from scientific point we must also count it.
In that text it is said: “I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth”
This means that person who wrote the story transfers the image of god via image of rainbow. What are the features of rainbow?
  • It is strictly connected to water, as it appears as an effect of light separation in water bubbles.
  • It has arc shape.
Both characteristics must/may be metaphoric transfer of the characteristics of imaginary or visible object or phenomena called “god”. What object can logically fit both characteristics?
My hypothesis is that the object metaphorized by this story is the moon.
The vast majority of ancient stories and fairy tales connect the water and the moon. Besides other logic connections the shape of main water objects like cup or boat are having similar shape with crescent moon. Arc shape.
This comes to another feature of the rainbow. Its shape. BOW shape, arc shape.
See, even to transfer this object in English we use the characteristic of its shape – bow. So both – water connection and arc shape point to one object 100% visible to the author of Bible – The Moon.
To prove this hypothesis we can check if there is any other evidence of such metaphorization. In case it is correct we will quickly find that god is symbolized by arc-shaped objects.
Boat – Noah’s ark, Moses’s cradle, Jesus’s cradle, Jesus’s boat, Moses’s tabernacle. Most important subjects of the Bible are connected with boat and having arc shape. That means that the hypothesis has a prediction power – the main feature of scientific theory.
And the conclusion from this theory is that our ancestors were thinking of the moon as the god. They did not have any concrete knowledge about this object so could only transfer their ideas about the moon via metaphorizing of available (visible) characteristics. Most important was its shape. That is why one human religion has a crescent on its mosques, one believes in celestial cow, another has a fish-god and all left has signs of this ancient belief.
So I don’t try to prove the idea of god. I prove that the object counted as a god for thousands years is the moon.
By the way about Santa Claus. It is another moon avatar for you to know. During long time the moon was a natural calendar to count year change. Every month was starting from newborn crescent moon day. So every year was also starting from the day of new moon. To understand that new year is coming it was enough to count 12 new moons. 13th will be the last new moon in previous year and first new moon of next year. (Remember? Jesus is first and last, Alpha and Omega, he is 13th one with 12 apostols. “Ressurected” within 3 days. Every new moon comes visible after 3 days of invisible state. We count his birthday - Easter still by lunar calendar)
And who is Santa Claus? Old guy who is coming from some cold places on deers and in sledge.
Semantic core: cold, white, old, new, horns, boatshape of sledge.
The moon is traditionally associated with cold. It is white. It can be old and new. It has “horned” shape and looks like a sledge.
800px-Santa1904PuckCover.jpg
According to my theory Saint Nicholas, who is prefiguration of Santa Claus must have metaphorized lunar features. And he has. He is most known as a patron of sailors. Another boat as predicted.
1920px-Gentile_da_Fabriano_064.jpg
So new year is the celebration of new celestial boat correctly symbolized by Santa Claus.
That is why Russian word “year” sound like “god” – phonetically same with English “god”… That is why Cambodian people wish Happy New God instead of New Year...
The name Claus is originated from the name of Greek goddess – Nike. Absolutely eventually this goddess is imaged with crescent crown in her hand, rituals of worshiping to her are connected with water etc.)
nika.png
And what’s more eventually is the logo, taken by Nike company:
animated_nike_logo_download_free_240x320
This stylized crescent shows how deep Nike’s designers understood what we now call neurodesign. This company became world leader with crescent on its logo.
Another company with crescent logo is another world leader.
dwLogo_News.png
So do you still think that moon means nothing to earthlings? Hah…
Stay in that state. Your lack of logic helps other people to enslave you )

And with your smile reference, we can falsify that, because it's not like humans thought back in the day, oh, I want my smile to look like the moon. Humans evolved that way, so you can't say what you are saying about it.

Then remind how do we transfer smile now?

smile_moon.png

Recognize something? )))))))

Edited by Cod