time/speed/soul

6431hoho

If time slows down as object or person nears the speed of light, then wouldn't everyone in this universe be in different time (my soul is in different time than your soul. I've seen part of you that you haven't experienced yet) since everyone is moving in different speed?

I've seen part of you that you haven't experienced yet

I don't think this part is right. You would travel through time at a different rate than someone in a different inertial frame of reference, but it's not like you would travel to the future and see the future of that other person, it more likely means that, for that other person, your mevement, and your "history" would seem different, and your life would pass at a different rate than his.

I don't think this part is right. You would travel through time at a different rate than someone in a different inertial frame of reference, but it's not like you would travel to the future and see the future of that other person, it more likely means that, for that other person, your mevement, and your "history" would seem different, and your life would pass at a different rate than his.

Right. You wouldn't agree on when some event happened, but you would agree that the event did happen. Causality is still present; it's the simultaneity that gets interesting.

If time slows down as object or person nears the speed of light, then wouldn't everyone in this universe be in different time (my soul is in different time than your soul. I've seen part of you that you haven't experienced yet) since everyone is moving in different speed?

You should try to define what's soul. I've seen gedankenexperiments in SR in which clocks are compared, but this is the first time that I read somebody wanting to compare souls

When observers are in different relative speed to each other, they have a different perception of time, one can say, as time flows at a different rate for the observers. But time is not one universal measure. As far as I believe, time relates to the movement of atoms, and I don't know how that would incorporate into your definition of soul.

but you would agree that the event did happen. Causality is still present; it's the simultaneity that gets interesting.

Yeah, I agree that the events will happen simoultaneously, and what the observers would see (if the were able to) would really look cool. But still both observers would still be together in the same history.